#1 Matlock

Matlock

Carpe Citizen

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,913 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 25 October 2021 - 10:59 am

Well thanks to the pandemic and approaching retirement, I’m not expecting to do much winter commuting on the bike anymore, so I’m selling some decent kit for those poor souls who still have to brave the roads in the depths of winter. Like all my kit, everything listed here is looked after well and in very good condition. No damage and all the Velcro is in good condition. If you're interested, send me a PM and I'll get back to you. Anything not sold in a week will be going on the bay of fleas.

Keis Heated Inner Gloves. Size Medium - SOLD
These are the (fairly) thin gloves you wear under a normal set of gloves. Don’t be misled by the size, I take a L, or XL in bike gloves normally and these fit fine. They need to be snug fit to transfer the heat effectively and fit under your normal riding gloves. I wouldn’t say these are roasting hot, they get warm, but that’s all you need. I found them very effective in my 45 minute commutes at temperatures of down to -2ish. Come in the box, with instructions and all the leads you need to wire them permanently to your bike. I’ve had them about four years, but haven’t used them often and not at all in the last two years. £30 delivered in the UK.
51626722547_b4b5a72d1d_b.jpg
51627549531_1dc2c94fb5_b.jpg

Richa Carbon Winter Waterproof Leather Glove - Black – Size 2XL (or XXL if you prefer). SOLD
I bought these to wear with the Keis inner gloves listed above as I found my normal winter gloves were too tight with the inners fitted. Despite their name, they’re a textile/leather mix. They’re insulated and waterproof. Again, I’ve had them about four years, but haven’t used them often and not at all in the last two years. £25 delivered in the UK.
51627770178_e9a16576e5_b.jpg
51626722612_78621f04ab_b.jpg

Edited by Matlock, 16 November 2021 - 09:04 pm.

2002 TDM900 in glorious yellowNOW SOLD  :( 

2012 Honda Crosstourer VFR1200X. Hyperspeed tourer.

1990 XTZ750 in black, standard apart from Micron silencer. Mechanical restoration complete, cosmetic restoration next on the agenda.. NOW SOLD  :( 

Follow me on twitter

#2 Favs

Favs

Sir Cumference

• 4,395 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 25 October 2021 - 04:26 pm

Nice gear :good:  - too small for my hams unfortunately. GLWS

Single-handedly reviving the Wave.

2008 reg. Black TDM 900 ABS

#3 Coxylaad

Coxylaad

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 01 November 2021 - 02:50 pm

how do the gloves attach to the bike? can you get batteries for them?

#4 Matlock

Matlock

Carpe Citizen

• 3,913 posts

Posted 01 November 2021 - 09:00 pm

how do the gloves attach to the bike? can you get batteries for them?

They come with a two-part loom. One part is permanently wired to the battery and has a waterproof socket that you leave dangling somewhere handy and the other part you thread up your jacket and down each sleeve. A bit of a faff. I have a Keis heated jacket that has plugs already built in at the end of the sleeves, so that's much easier. You can get batteries, but I've never used them. Details here: https://keisapparel....ks-and-chargers

Edited by Matlock, 01 November 2021 - 09:18 pm.

1990 XTZ750 in black, standard apart from Micron silencer. Mechanical restoration complete, cosmetic restoration next on the agenda.. NOW SOLD  :( 

Follow me on twitter

#5 Matlock

Matlock

Carpe Citizen

• 3,913 posts

Posted 01 November 2021 - 09:19 pm

Going on eBay tomorrow (at a higher price), so snooze and you lose  :rotflmmfao:

Edited by Matlock, 01 November 2021 - 09:19 pm.

Follow me on twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users