13 replies to this topic

#1 butcher650

butcher650

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 614 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 22 November 2014 - 03:23 pm

I am looking to fit my scottoiler, and through help from you lot here, have found the vacuum point on no.2 carb. Studley, you were right. The tube had been cut and blanked off just off the manifold, so why the tube wasn't where the heinz said it should be. This is the bit of tube:

20141122_145158_zpstfjy4xxk.jpg

I tried simply pushing the scottoiler vacuum tube onto the now visable spigot:

20141122_144201_zpsmizzqrbu.jpg

I knew this would be tight, and its also incredibly fiddly to get at, but i just don't think it will fit. Should it do?

#2 Gasman

Gasman

Carpe junky

• PipPipPipPip
  • 483 posts
  • TDM model: 2000

Posted 22 November 2014 - 03:45 pm

I am looking to fit my scottoiler, and through help from you lot here, have found the vacuum point on no.2 carb. Studley, you were right. The tube had been cut and blanked off just off the manifold, so why the tube wasn't where the heinz said it should be. This is the bit of tube:20141122_145158_zpstfjy4xxk.jpg
I tried simply pushing the scottoiler vacuum tube onto the now visable spigot: 20141122_144201_zpsmizzqrbu.jpg
I knew this would be tight, and its also incredibly fiddly to get at, but i just don't think it will fit. Should it do?

Can you not remove the blank and then use the piece that is left as a socket to join the vac tube to the spigot on the carb.

#3 butcher650

butcher650

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 614 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 05:30 pm

Can you not remove the blank and then use the piece that is left as a socket to join the vac tube to the spigot on the carb.

Good point sir! Like this:

20141122_173009_zpsgxqj1c3v.jpg

It was a sod to get on as the tube was prolly a sniff too small, but some boilibg water and a sniff of grease got it to this stage. Do you reckon a teeny jubbly would be needed as well, or should that hold well enough?
The bit of insulation tape was because there was a tiny teeny lil hole in that tube. I mean, bicycle tyre puncture small.

#4 Gasman

Gasman

Carpe junky

• PipPipPipPip
  • 483 posts
  • TDM model: 2000

Posted 22 November 2014 - 05:36 pm

I think you are on your way now.
I wouldn't think a clip is required as the vacuum isn't great from the manifold.
You also could have removed the elbow and just pushed in the pipe.
I'm a gasman and plumber so used to bodging things especially with pipes.

#5 butcher650

butcher650

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 614 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 05:46 pm

Haha, thats good to hear!
Excellent stuff. Cheers muchly!
I did think about removing elbow and doing it that way, but the vac tube on the scottie would have been too small for that. Now got to fathom where to put the rmv. Not many options. I think it was Studley that said he put his next to the rear master cyclinder. Dont know how though. Studley..Help!

#6 drewpy

drewpy

has been here 4ever

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,758 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 27 May 2017 - 09:16 am

reviving an old thread

anyone have any insight where to put the Reservoir tube?

any photos?

"As I Lay Rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I skid and begin to slide, please dear god protect my ride"

Mods; Oil pressure switch, neoprene rear inner mudguard, scottoiler, highway pegs,  fenda extenda, 1999 carbs and airbox, Kais suspension setup, later clutch springs, LED lamps, Metmachex swingarm, Hagon Shock, Oxford heated grips, 4 way fused accessory Bus, 17" 3CV front wheel, Michellin R6 tyres, GPS speedo, 5' ignition advance.

#7 celticbiker

celticbiker

has been here 4ever

• 1,726 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 27 May 2017 - 11:33 am

Always put mine inside one of the rear side pods. They work better vertical but are OK horizontal ish too.

(\__/) This is bunny. Copy and paste

(x'.'x) bunny onto your page to help

(")-(") him gain world domination!

#8 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• 10,754 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 27 May 2017 - 03:25 pm

On the 9r mine used to be on the rear hanger exhaust bolt using an alu extension piece..also had it under the left outside of the grabrail at one time.

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#9 drewpy

drewpy

has been here 4ever

• 1,758 posts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 05:15 pm

I have an 850 4tx '96

"As I Lay Rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I skid and begin to slide, please dear god protect my ride"

Mods; Oil pressure switch, neoprene rear inner mudguard, scottoiler, highway pegs,  fenda extenda, 1999 carbs and airbox, Kais suspension setup, later clutch springs, LED lamps, Metmachex swingarm, Hagon Shock, Oxford heated grips, 4 way fused accessory Bus, 17" 3CV front wheel, Michellin R6 tyres, GPS speedo, 5' ignition advance.

#10 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• 10,754 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 27 May 2017 - 07:51 pm

Yea i know, you still have rear hangers and a grabrail on a 4tx, just trying to be helpful fella, further more i doubt there is much space under the seat unlike the 9r which is where most oilers get fitted, so barring those 2 ideas ANYONE ELSE got a oiler fitted to a mk2.

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#11 sidestand

sidestand

Carpe Citizen

• 3,456 posts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 10:08 pm

You can put them under the seat on a Mk2 , zip tied to the seat subframe - it's just out of the horizontal enough to work OK

post-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gifpost-1-1152402501.jpgThe older I get, the better I was

96 MkII in yellow & silver with bluespots, braided lines, Remus 2 into 1, Hagon rear shock & fork springs, bashplate, heated grips,Motech pannier racks, Road Attacks, Jockoiler, Baglux tank cover & bag. Gone to a far better place - hasn't it Remo?
Another 96 Mk2 in yellow & silver - absolutely standard & pristine ( apart from a butchered rear mudguard - but I'm looking for a new one
'76 Suzuki GT500 Stroker in need of a rebuild
'80 Yamaha XT250 mudplugger
another '81 XT250
'91 BMW R80GS - this one really will do a RTW trip
'05 BMW K1200S - inline four with a shaft
'10 BMW R1200GSA Anniversary Edition
'02 Fazer 1000 - 4 carbs are better than 2 ! - water pump rebuilt by Mr Ramrod Engineering
'00 Triumph Adventurer - Cruiser with a difference - British & a triple
Gary's Bathtub - '99 BMW K1200RS in luvverly pillarbox red . Now been Waspycycled to Nuneaton
And the Latest Addition - a nice BMW G650 XCountry greenlaner - on long term loan to Boy Wonder

1996 Kawasaki KH125 Stroker

2000 TDM Mk2A - nicely Studleyfied - Modified by Masterbrewer, but we've fixed that now !

BMW K1300R

2004 TDM 900 in Silver/Blue - heated grips, MRA vary screen, Wilbers rear shock & engine bars to fit 

BMW S1000XR in white 

#12 butcher650

butcher650

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 614 posts

Posted 28 May 2017 - 08:29 am

Mine is udder my seat at the back cable tied to the seat subframe as sidestand says. Ive got the top end slightly jacked up with a couple of sock rags, but it still flows ok. Ill get a piccy later for you as I will be refilling it later in prep for a jaunt tomorrow!

#13 drewpy

drewpy

has been here 4ever

• 1,758 posts

Posted 28 May 2017 - 08:58 am

just found a french installation guide.

the same guys advocate locating in front of the rear brake master cylinder

linky dink

Edited by drewpy, 28 May 2017 - 12:20 pm.

#14 sidestand

sidestand

Carpe Citizen

• 3,456 posts

Posted 28 May 2017 - 03:03 pm

That exactly where I told you mine is !  :rolleyes:

post-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gifpost-1-1152402501.jpgThe older I get, the better I was

96 MkII in yellow & silver with bluespots, braided lines, Remus 2 into 1, Hagon rear shock & fork springs, bashplate, heated grips,Motech pannier racks, Road Attacks, Jockoiler, Baglux tank cover & bag. Gone to a far better place - hasn't it Remo?
Another 96 Mk2 in yellow & silver - absolutely standard & pristine ( apart from a butchered rear mudguard - but I'm looking for a new one
'76 Suzuki GT500 Stroker in need of a rebuild
'80 Yamaha XT250 mudplugger
another '81 XT250
'91 BMW R80GS - this one really will do a RTW trip
'05 BMW K1200S - inline four with a shaft
'10 BMW R1200GSA Anniversary Edition
'02 Fazer 1000 - 4 carbs are better than 2 ! - water pump rebuilt by Mr Ramrod Engineering
'00 Triumph Adventurer - Cruiser with a difference - British & a triple
Gary's Bathtub - '99 BMW K1200RS in luvverly pillarbox red . Now been Waspycycled to Nuneaton
And the Latest Addition - a nice BMW G650 XCountry greenlaner - on long term loan to Boy Wonder

1996 Kawasaki KH125 Stroker

2000 TDM Mk2A - nicely Studleyfied - Modified by Masterbrewer, but we've fixed that now !

BMW K1300R

2004 TDM 900 in Silver/Blue - heated grips, MRA vary screen, Wilbers rear shock & engine bars to fit 

BMW S1000XR in white 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users