Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,202 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 26 April 2016 - 08:14 pm

:badgerrock:  You deserve cake.

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#42 dandywarhol

dandywarhol

Carpe Citizen

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 5,324 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 26 April 2016 - 10:52 pm

:pimp:

1967 Yamaha TD1C 250, 2014 Kawasaki W800, 2011 Aprilia Tuono 1000 V4, 2020 Yamaha XSR900

"At the cutting edge of technophobia" Scotland_180-animated-flag-gifs.gif mccoy.gif

#43 fixitsan

fixitsan

Carpe Citizen

• 4,667 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 27 April 2016 - 08:48 am

Well done persevering with it.... !

900 with better bits. Owes me nothing, Makes me smile

#44 TYREDNGRUMPEE

TYREDNGRUMPEE

has been here 4ever

• 1,627 posts
  • TDM model: 1998

Posted 27 April 2016 - 08:55 am

Tie a sheeps bladder to it and do a dance!  :badgerrock:  :banana:

Edited by TYREDNGRUMPEE, 27 April 2016 - 08:57 am.

#45 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 28 April 2016 - 03:40 pm

Oil hold off on the sheeps bladder dancin !!!! £50 for a new bolt!!!! :-S ... And a tenner for the nut!
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#46 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• 10,735 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 28 April 2016 - 05:36 pm

Ya best get lickin it clean dappers.

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#47 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 08:56 pm

Oil hold off on the sheeps bladder dancin !!!! £50 for a new bolt!!!! :-S ... And a tenner for the nut!

Ouchio !  Might be worth getting some anti-sieze compound as well.

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#48 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts

Posted 29 April 2016 - 06:07 am

Yeah def anti seize and marine grease.

I had a good read. Instead of fitting nips someone drilled small holes in the hollow bolt in a spiral, then welded up one end and fitted a grease nip in the other end creating a massive grease sprinkler for bearings and bolt!

The old bolt doesn't look bad at all but noway its going bacon. The needle bearings had collapsed and some were snapped in half.... I think these were also stopping the bolt from shifting.

Took linkage off while in there and all linkage bearings are poor too .... But I got lucky as found the spare swingarm and has linkage already attached with good bearings. So plan is new bolt, install and mot. Then save for rebuild of orig swingarm and linkage....gonna be over £150 Justin parts!

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#49 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts

Posted 29 April 2016 - 10:05 am

I like the grease sprinkler idea. :)  Wouldn't regular maintenance stop the problem though. :image018:

#50 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts

Posted 29 April 2016 - 10:36 am

Yeah def regular maintenance is the key especially since they are often used in puddles and sludge . . And the worst ve-hickle rotter of all . . Devon :-) the spiral bolt would just make that much easier I guess.

Just need me bolt. Damerells patootas are down and fowlups left me in a queue and then hung up on me. Grrr.

#51 Catteeclan

Catteeclan

full o shoite

• 2,433 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 29 April 2016 - 05:45 pm

You've got to get it back in yet, lots of fun getting everything in line. Although it'll be far less bother than getting that one out.

2002 TDM900 Yellow

#52 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts

Posted 29 April 2016 - 07:37 pm

Yeah catte. I decided to put old bolt bacon without swingarm to hold enjun in place until new stuff ready to fit. even thattwap a mission. . And the bolt didn't look central, so either bolt bent or enjun dropped. Hmm

#53 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts

Posted 26 May 2016 - 07:11 pm

All went back together lovely with lashings of marine grease. Swingarm nice and tight and not flapping aroond.

next step make rear brakes work!! Should only be a few more months till I get the time/parts for this so boike will be ready for winter. :-)

#54 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts

Posted 29 May 2016 - 03:41 pm

Did you make it into a sprinkler Daps ?

#55 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts

Posted 29 May 2016 - 06:03 pm

Nah. Didn't want to booger up a 50 quid bolt. Just gonna take yer advice and tek it oot every year and regrease everything.

#56 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts

Posted 30 May 2016 - 10:15 am

£50 bolt, bet you're still smiting over that, I know I would be. :lol:

#57 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts

Posted 30 May 2016 - 11:10 am

Didn't enjoy paying for that bolt at all. :-)

And the rear brake reservoir... Not even the master cylinder .... Was gonna be an udder £50! Apparently very common that they bulge so the lid doesn't fit! :-B

#58 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

is it Jizzy Rascal time yet.....?

• 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 12 August 2016 - 10:35 am

just read this epic tale!   My DRZ ain't been run ferra bout 2 years now and even den twas just to start it and ride roon the garden a few times albeit with no front brake caliper.  

PK are yew running a 'stock sized' battery on Dave's Boike, and do yew find it adequate enuf ?

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

I loike tay and hang sangwiches !

www.kenhogantreeservices.co.uk

http://s33.photobuck...77/wickla/?sc=6

http://reg.imageshack.us/v_images.php

post-1-1150550733.gifpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#59 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 11:32 am

If you aint done the swing bolt then get on it you janner!

Standard battery and starts fine.

Only starting prob I had was a few years back when I noticed o ring had failed on starter letting water in to starter housing ... And engine!!! Starter bearings and drive were toasted.

Ps get on wid that swinger bolt!!

#60 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

is it Jizzy Rascal time yet.....?

• 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 12 August 2016 - 03:44 pm

If you aint done the swing bolt then get on it you janner!

Standard battery and starts fine.

Only starting prob I had was a few years back when I noticed o ring had failed on starter letting water in to starter housing ... And engine!!! Starter bearings and drive were toasted.

Ps get on wid that swinger bolt!!

OK OK OK but i'm baw err knee deep in Kwacker Versys today and sorting that out first,  then No.7 needs some rolled oats and fitment of a new battery....plus i tink the starter relay moight be gone tits up again.

Now ya mention it i shud prolly remove the starter and inspect the O ring on 'Yella'.

I got the SSW (Sisnero Speed Works) super start kit fitted to mine along with a fatter/juicier battery, it's easy to do. I have a spare one as i bought 3 at the time so if ya ever want it shout as it's gathering dust in my garage.  

That swinger bolt will get seen to also....i do loike the 'grease sprinkler' idea too though so this will happen. 

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

I loike tay and hang sangwiches !

www.kenhogantreeservices.co.uk

http://s33.photobuck...77/wickla/?sc=6

http://reg.imageshack.us/v_images.php

post-1-1150550733.gifpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users