Photo
- - - - -

I'm Back...think I've Been In A Fairytale...anyway, A Question...

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 ProudViking

ProudViking

needs a 2nd hobby

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 06 May 2016 - 09:53 am

Hi all, So after a little break in Majorca and Barcelona, I have return to this blessed little isle (Leicester won the league!!!), It's been a while and looking at the forum there's bloody loads to catch-up on. But while away I noticed two things (Oh, and Leicester won the league!!!), Firstly, and this is very, very, sad...I didn't see one TDM, Zilch, not even a knackered old Mk1, nothing anywhere. I couldn't believe it, where have they all gone?! 

Secondly, (They bloody did!, Leicester won the league.) Are British women cowards? Strolling along the coastside road in Barcelona, I saw more lady riders in one day than I have in all of my life in the UK. And they were not just on Vespy things, I saw one on a big noisy 1000 Yam, another on some big naked thing and several on proper fully-faired jobbies, (This was when the fairytale began, Barcelona, lady bikers and LEICESTER won the league!!!). I even saw four lady bikers yesterday merely crossing Paris from the Gare de Lyon to the Gare de Nord...

So, Why do continental females so eagerly jump on a bike, yet our lovely British lasses seem to rarely get on a motorbike?

Oh, and sorry if you don't like football, but...Leicester won the %&£@?! League!!!

#2 Kelpie

Kelpie

900 going for ... 1000cc?

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 10:18 am

Oi! There's LOADS of British lady bikers! I've got pal who rides a VFR 1200. Lots of them on 1ltr sports bikes too! We just don't all wear pink and flaunt our boobies so you'd never know! :lol:

Did you know Leicester won the league?

Welcome back.
You don't need balls to ride a big bike.

#3 Retro

Retro

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 242 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 06 May 2016 - 10:28 am

My Ol' Lady has been riding 45 years. Sister-in-Law has ridden Harleys for 30 years. I park next to 2 lady bikers at work. There are a lot around. When they are ridding and kitted out its often difficult to determine gender unless you have a good eye for child-bearing hips

I never ride faster than my angel can fly

#4 AliG

AliG

has been here 4ever

• 1,446 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 10:31 am

If you have been away for a while and you are interested in football, did you know that Leicester won the league?

Ali

2004 900 - Blue with lots of goodies

2012 900 - Still adding shiny bits. Was black, changed to white and now back to black again.

#5 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,118 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 06 May 2016 - 10:52 am

Your not loikely to see a knacked mk1 PV they were made proper!!

Welcome back. :-)
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#6 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,214 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 06 May 2016 - 12:57 pm

The reason you don't see many female bikers is because you a) live in Market Harborough and b) only go abroad when you do leave Market Harborough. :)

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#7 fixitsan

fixitsan

Carpe Citizen

• 4,676 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 06 May 2016 - 02:26 pm

Who's Lester ?

Edited by fixitsan, 06 May 2016 - 02:27 pm.

900 with better bits. Owes me nothing, Makes me smile

#8 TinTin

TinTin

has been here 4ever

• 1,296 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 06 May 2016 - 03:27 pm

Who's Lester ?

Lester Piglet. A well known TDM rider

#9 James

James

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 570 posts
  • TDM model: 2004

Posted 06 May 2016 - 04:20 pm

Mrs Jim has had a bike licence for 30 something years. Sometimes she's had a bike, other times not. At the moment she doesn't, but she is very interested in the Mk1 sat in the garage :)

What league did Leicester win?

84 Honda XL600R  :)

04 TDM900  :good:

21 KTM 790 Adventure  ;)

#10 ProudViking

ProudViking

needs a 2nd hobby

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 05:10 pm

The reason you don't see many female bikers is because you a) live in Market Harborough and b) only go abroad when you do leave Market Harborough. :)

I'll have you know I've been to Stamford...that's in Lincolnshire!

AND...I've actually been behind a lady biker at the zebra crossing in Market Harborough, she nodded and everything....was going to ask her to marry me, but she was pretty bloody good at filtering :wub:

Oi! There's LOADS of British lady bikers! I've got pal who rides a VFR 1200. Lots of them on 1ltr sports bikes too! We just don't all wear pink and flaunt our boobies so you'd never know! :lol:

Did you know Leicester won the league?

Welcome back.

Oh I know there's a good amount out there Kelpie, you just don't see them very often...you're right though, boobies would make it easier :)

#11 divvxj

divvxj

has been here 4ever

• 1,296 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 06 May 2016 - 06:11 pm

AND ANOTHER ON SOME BIG NAKED THING, err , it wasnt you was it ,hee hee,

#12 ProudViking

ProudViking

needs a 2nd hobby

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 06:22 pm

AND ANOTHER ON SOME BIG NAKED THING, err , it wasnt you was it ,hee hee,

:rolleyes:

#13 TinTin

TinTin

has been here 4ever

• 1,296 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 07:11 pm

" It has been said that I ride like a woman

Edited by TinTin, 06 May 2016 - 07:13 pm.

#14 Kelpie

Kelpie

900 going for ... 1000cc?

• 944 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 07:35 pm

Nice to be flattered once in a while but don't let it go to your head. :lol:
You don't need balls to ride a big bike.

#15 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,214 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 06 May 2016 - 08:02 pm

:lol:

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#16 harvey krumpet

harvey krumpet

full o shoite

• 2,050 posts
  • TDM model: 1997

Posted 07 May 2016 - 08:04 am

If you ride like my missus then your bloody hard to keep up with.

When I was a callow youth I met Tina Tailpipe on her Z1000 at a set of traffic lights down by the quay in Newcastle. An elfin wee thing in dark blue, fitted leathers, nubile, and just the toes of one pointy boot holding the bike up. Wet, curly, hair cascading from her helmet. I was heading up to Westgate hill on my KMX 125 and so was she as it turned out. It was a cold, rainy, evening and that part of town still had a lot of cobbles, slick as an eel. Aye, aye said I, I might be able to impress here on my de-restricted little stink wheel. I was not alongside, her bum was far to lovely to worry about the extra few feet advantage to the line, taut with tension holding up the big Kwaka. I can still see her and remember thinking I could cup both buttocks in one hand.

She never turned her head, no acknowledgment, just waited for the lights, bike idling and steam coming out of the pipes and off the motor. A vision.

When the lights changed' we went, I got the jump but stayed wide being a gentleman and all, I was also shit scared of the road markings painted on the cobbles in the centre of the lane. Not little bum Tina, though. She came underneath me (God, I wish!) and continued to accelerate through the traffic, no regard for road rules or, to my young mind, safety. The KMX squirmed and slid as I tried to keep up, to no avail. Tina Tailpipes tail light disappeared. Oh well.

When I got to The Hill I spotted her bike parked up outside a wreckers and had a sudden urge to look for pre-loved parts. Tina was nowhere to be seen. I walked The Hill twice before I remembered what I needed in the first place. Smitten.

She was probably the first woman I ever saw on a bike and has set the bench mark ever since.

Edited by harvey krumpet, 07 May 2016 - 08:05 am.

TDM 850 Loud and unusual. CRM 250r Woo hoo! DT 230 Lanza Fiddled with.... Bloody hell, is that legal? GG Randonee AKA "I didn't think that was possible".

#17 TinTin

TinTin

has been here 4ever

• 1,296 posts

Posted 07 May 2016 - 08:17 am

I think they meant illogical, can't concentrate for long & no sense of direction whatsoever :hide:  

#18 Catteeclan

Catteeclan

full o shoite

• 2,441 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 07 May 2016 - 08:24 am

My other half rides a CBF1000 although it'll be me turning it round and parking in the garden. :lol:

Welcome back. 

2002 TDM900 Yellow

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users