3 replies to this topic

#1 RolfieB

RolfieB

has been here 4ever

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,069 posts
  • TDM model: 2001

Posted 12 May 2016 - 07:07 pm

Sat in traffic about 50 metres before a roundabout yesterday evening. 2 lanes into 4. Lane 1. for left turn. Lane 2. straight on. Lane 3. straight on & right turn. Lane 4. right turn.

So there are a few vehicles in front, one of which is an artic occupying lane 1 of the 2 lanes as they become 4..

A guy on a 600 Fazer filters down the middle to the car in front of me.

Then to my disbelief cuts in front of the car & tries to squeeze through between pavement & artic. He doesn't get far before realising he's not going anywhere.

I see then that the artic is turning left & think this could get awfully messy.

I don't know if the rider saw the trucks repeaters flashing or just used a bit of common sense. But he didn't move until well after the artic had moved off when the lights changed.

I pondered for a while after, how bad a situation that was as I saw it, & also how much worse it could have gotten.

Thinking about it today as I approached the same roundabout. 

I cannot for the life of me understand how someone could put themselves in so much danger, & doing something so stupid.

Or am I being a drama queen?

Now I just fly everywhere.

Be yourself, because everybody else is taken.

Gone to new owner.

Black Mk2a

PipeWerx Exhaust, Gold Spots, Goodridge Hoses, Scottoiler,Oil Pressure Indicator, Nippy Normans fuze box,Touratech Handguards,Oxford Heated Grips, Power Socket, Hard Wiring for Sat Nav, Gear Indicator built into the rev counter. Givi E50 Top box & E21 side cases, Bagster Tank Cover & Bag.

#2 tdmpaul

tdmpaul

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 201 posts
  • TDM model: 1998

Posted 12 May 2016 - 08:09 pm

sick of seeing idiots giving bikers a bad name doing daft speeds and stupid overtakes the last couple of years and they wonder why they've had accidents.

#3 chrisr

chrisr

has been here 4ever

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 1,745 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 12 May 2016 - 08:25 pm

Happens all the time in London, with motorcyclists and more often cyclists, and then they wonder why they get squashed. ( I expect)

The Blue One : 2004 model owned 2010-2018 much loved, much missed and now living with a man in Scotland
The Black One : 2010 Model Registered 2013 owned 2018 - present.Beowulf Cans. Renthal 755s Grip Puppies,15w fork oil,DL650 handguards,givi engine bars,led spotlights,gipro gear indicator,shortened dogbones,LeeHenty CSM kit and stainless bits,Topsellerie seat,MRA Xcreen,grip puppies.PC III (dynoed). K&N airfilter,Fenda extenda.

#4 Favs

Favs

Sir Cumference

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 4,391 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 12 May 2016 - 09:20 pm

Darwin

Single-handedly reviving the Wave.

2008 reg. Black TDM 900 ABS

0 user(s) are reading this topic