drewpy

has been here 4ever

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 15 August 2016 - 12:39 pm

Drewpy here just saying Hello.

I'm a mod on the Yamaha Owners club forum and am interested in buying a TDM to go abroad next year. One of the members suggested I sign up as you guys are the bee knees in all things TDM.

I'm based in Manchester UK and have an XS400 tracker I built and an FZ600 (1987) rebuilt this last year

WP_20150823_003_zpsazkggnrm.jpg

WP_20150422_001_zpsh0yni046.jpg

"As I Lay Rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I skid and begin to slide, please dear god protect my ride"

Mods; Oil pressure switch, neoprene rear inner mudguard, scottoiler, highway pegs,  fenda extenda, 1999 carbs and airbox, Kais suspension setup, later clutch springs, LED lamps, Metmachex swingarm, Hagon Shock, Oxford heated grips, 4 way fused accessory Bus, 17" 3CV front wheel, Michellin R6 tyres, GPS speedo, 5' ignition advance.

#1603 Favs

Favs

Sir Cumference

• 4,394 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 15 August 2016 - 02:02 pm

Greetings

Single-handedly reviving the Wave.

2008 reg. Black TDM 900 ABS

#1604 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,211 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 15 August 2016 - 04:14 pm

:welcome:  to the club Drewpy.  Nice bikes you have there. :good:

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#1605 Kelpie

Kelpie

900 going for ... 1000cc?

• 944 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 15 August 2016 - 05:30 pm

:welcome:
You don't need balls to ride a big bike.

#1606 drewpy

drewpy

has been here 4ever

• 1,757 posts

Posted 15 August 2016 - 06:11 pm

thanks for the welcomes Peeps :D

"As I Lay Rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I skid and begin to slide, please dear god protect my ride"

Mods; Oil pressure switch, neoprene rear inner mudguard, scottoiler, highway pegs,  fenda extenda, 1999 carbs and airbox, Kais suspension setup, later clutch springs, LED lamps, Metmachex swingarm, Hagon Shock, Oxford heated grips, 4 way fused accessory Bus, 17" 3CV front wheel, Michellin R6 tyres, GPS speedo, 5' ignition advance.

#1607 Olddad

Olddad

enuff posts to fill a 50cc

• 53 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 11 September 2016 - 02:52 pm

Hello boys and girls, well after plenty of advice from Paul Barker (I believe a few of you know him) I have finally taken the plunge and bought myself a TDM900. I've ordered a det of tyres for it (pr4's) so will have the odd tyres that are on it for sale next week. I'll be keeping my eyes and ears open for panniers, an exhaust system and a gel seat for it. Anybody have them or sale lmk.

cheers

Mick

Attached Files

Edited by Olddad, 11 September 2016 - 02:59 pm.

Well I'm hooked on the TDM now, working my way through the mods and add on's. 

Michelin PR4's, R1 17" front wheel. Scorpion end cans (winter time I'll add the rest of the system), Power Commander 3,  Givi top box, custom made YSS rear shock, K-Tech fork springs with 15w oil, fork gators, touring screen, Air box modification. . . . .to be continued.

#1608 Kelpie

Kelpie

• 944 posts

Posted 11 September 2016 - 05:58 pm

:welcome:

#1609 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,211 posts

Posted 11 September 2016 - 08:18 pm

Welcome to the club Mick.  Nice clean bike you have there. :)

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#1610 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• 10,742 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 11 September 2016 - 09:07 pm

Hi Mick welcome to the site, post up in the wanted section...

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#1611 Bjørge

Bjørge

has been here 4ever

• 1,791 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 12 September 2016 - 04:25 am

Welcome !  :good:

Bjørge

#1612 RobinHood

RobinHood

Carpe Regular

• Pip
  • 119 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 12 September 2016 - 06:51 pm

Hi I'm Robin. My work is varied and takes me down all sorts of UK roads, very often a mix of dual carriageway and short stretches of dirt track. I started riding a ybr125 in june '15 and in feb this year got on an aprilia pegaso 650. I loved it but it lacked power on the motorway and did 35mpg or less. 45 at absolute best and so uncomfortable after more than an hour. So I was delighted when it finally gave me more problems than it was worth fixing in a hurry giving me the perfect justification to buy what became the bike of my dreams. Ramo sold me his 03 900 and I am one very happy bunny. Now getting 52+ mpg with very varied riding and without the tendonitis which was threatening my ability to do manual work. What an amazing piece of engineering I have the priviledge of owning. Very pleased to join your ranks :-)

#1613 Olddad

Olddad

enuff posts to fill a 50cc

• 53 posts

Posted 12 September 2016 - 09:35 pm

Evening, Thanks for the welcome. To be fair I had been looking and looking, as you do. This bike was local (although missing some bits I would like) with 17k and at a sensible price so thought I would go have a look without trekking across the country, again!!

I shall hopefully see some of you around soon. Hawes, Bridge and Caton on saturday aft.

Mick

Well I'm hooked on the TDM now, working my way through the mods and add on's. 

Michelin PR4's, R1 17" front wheel. Scorpion end cans (winter time I'll add the rest of the system), Power Commander 3,  Givi top box, custom made YSS rear shock, K-Tech fork springs with 15w oil, fork gators, touring screen, Air box modification. . . . .to be continued.

#1614 Kelpie

Kelpie

• 944 posts

Posted 13 September 2016 - 06:16 am

:welcome:  Hello RobinHood!

#1615 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,211 posts

Posted 13 September 2016 - 11:10 am

Congratulations on yer noo steed Robin.  Oh, and welcome to the club. :)

#1616 ProudViking

ProudViking

needs a 2nd hobby

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 13 September 2016 - 07:17 pm

:welcome: Some very merry men here Robin!

#1617 drewpy

drewpy

has been here 4ever

• 1,757 posts

Posted 24 September 2016 - 05:14 pm

thanks for the welcomes Peeps :D

finally took the plunge today and went all the way to Hull for a Mk2.

35k and owner painted, but nice front brakes and carbs sorted (ie new emusoin tubes and compression tested ok)

WP_20160924_002_zpstrqqsqmz.jpg

WP_20160924_001_zpsih5wcpav.jpg

just need some pannier mounts anhd hard panniers.

I have a few techincal Q's but I'll save them for another thread

TTFN

#1618 Catteeclan

Catteeclan

full o shoite

• 2,438 posts

Posted 26 September 2016 - 06:42 am

Looks good.

2002 TDM900 Yellow

#1619 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• 10,742 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 26 September 2016 - 09:04 am

Looks different and well done from the piccies, like it  :good:

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#1620 drewpy

drewpy

has been here 4ever

• 1,757 posts

Posted 26 September 2016 - 01:06 pm

thanks, dead chuffed, been messing with it yesterday and found the dreaded loose front sprocket nut. locktite ordered :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users