• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

is it Jizzy Rascal time yet.....?

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 31 January 2007 - 05:44 pm

hello i spied yer MKII today 31-01-07, i left you an improvised note advertising Carpe. twin Carbon Can Company zorsts, baglux tank cover, rack and topbox, front fairing pods plain with no decals. regards WiCkY good.gif

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

I loike tay and hang sangwiches !

www.kenhogantreeservices.co.uk

http://s33.photobuck...77/wickla/?sc=6

http://reg.imageshack.us/v_images.php

post-1-1150550733.gifpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#2 Guest_BigTim_*

Guest_BigTim_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 February 2007 - 01:06 pm

Wicky

Top man for leaving a note for me, you should have stuck your head around the door and said hello. Just recently started work at Caddsdown and therefore new to the area and don't know a soul yet. Yesterday was the first time I've ridden the bike for a couple of weeks as the weather since I got to Devon has been bloody awful and the Torridge bridge with 90MPH winds is interesting to say the least. Where are you in relation to Bideford and do you get over to Bideford often? It would be good to talk to a fellow minded biker.

Thanks for the note, look forward hearing from you

Big Tim

#3 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

seagull squadron leader & founding member of GoatTracKrew

• 9,336 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 01 February 2007 - 01:35 pm

yay a responder wink.gif
Welcome to Carpe!

he shoots he scores good.gif nice spot wicky

"Never argue with an idiot. They just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"
My TDM :
Black 1991 850 MK1, 160k+ miles(ish, best guess really, gave up trying to keep count after 3rd set of clocks and 3rd engine), PilotRoad2 tyres, custom stubby exhaust system, bluespot calipers & goodridge braided hoses with dunlopads, maxton forks, Ohlins shock, kedo handguards, stainless TDM grill, Scottoiler with lubetube & dual nozzle thingy, Givi Wingrack2 with E45 & 2xE36s, renntec crash bars, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider2, Optimate IIIsp, Bagster tank cover, anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led spotlights, heated grips, new braided lines and rear caliper that actually has bleed nipples
Silver-ish 2003 900, 70k miles, PilotRoad3 front tyre (new@65k) & PR2 rear(new at 69k), Renthal 755 bars with KTM handguards, oxford unheated grips, power commander 3usb, scorpion titanium exhausts, standard screen with vario winglet thingy, stainless grill, oem centre stand, bagster tank cover, givi monokey topplate mounted on grabrail with V46 topbox, Givi PL pannier rails with E21s, crash bungs, mirror extender thingys, Halfords Advanced Laser Blue brillance bulbs, 21w led spotlights, touring scottoiler with leehenty dual nozzle, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider3 Urban, winter style anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led brake light strip, replacement heated grips

current rides : TDM850 3vd/mk1=tourer&scratcher, TRX850=weekend twisty toy, 2003 TDM900=commuter, 2005 
TDM900=unmolested.  Gone but not forgotton : XTZ750=overland touring toy, GS500e, GS125
If a strange looking truck driver honks at you & gives you the thumbs up, its could be me  :good:

#4 Guest_jude_*

Guest_jude_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 February 2007 - 01:39 pm

QUOTE(Toneski @ Thu 1st Feb 2007, 01:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yay a responder wink.gif
Welcome to Carpe!

he shoots he scores good.gif nice spot wicky

hehehe...I just had a very funny picture skit through my head, How do you get your leg over the bike with the top box in the way, because my head just showed me an image of me toppling over trying...lol, thanks for that image toneski.. rotflmmfao.gif

#5 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

• 9,336 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 01:55 pm

lol your welcome good.gif

umm....can i have some of whatever you had to drink at lunch today? tongue.gif

even with the backrest fitted to the top box there is still no problem me gettin me leg over (easy there tiger)
but i did once catch me boot on the pannier and landed on me arse with me leg stuck in the air
luckily enough there was no one around with a camera that time
amarko(& a few others) have some photos of me laying on the ground after a few stellas. i had fallen over a wall on the RTT tryin to get a ball off a dog(i think)

"Never argue with an idiot. They just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"
My TDM :
Black 1991 850 MK1, 160k+ miles(ish, best guess really, gave up trying to keep count after 3rd set of clocks and 3rd engine), PilotRoad2 tyres, custom stubby exhaust system, bluespot calipers & goodridge braided hoses with dunlopads, maxton forks, Ohlins shock, kedo handguards, stainless TDM grill, Scottoiler with lubetube & dual nozzle thingy, Givi Wingrack2 with E45 & 2xE36s, renntec crash bars, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider2, Optimate IIIsp, Bagster tank cover, anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led spotlights, heated grips, new braided lines and rear caliper that actually has bleed nipples
Silver-ish 2003 900, 70k miles, PilotRoad3 front tyre (new@65k) & PR2 rear(new at 69k), Renthal 755 bars with KTM handguards, oxford unheated grips, power commander 3usb, scorpion titanium exhausts, standard screen with vario winglet thingy, stainless grill, oem centre stand, bagster tank cover, givi monokey topplate mounted on grabrail with V46 topbox, Givi PL pannier rails with E21s, crash bungs, mirror extender thingys, Halfords Advanced Laser Blue brillance bulbs, 21w led spotlights, touring scottoiler with leehenty dual nozzle, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider3 Urban, winter style anti-dazzle coating

current rides : TDM850 3vd/mk1=tourer&scratcher, TRX850=weekend twisty toy, 2003 TDM900=commuter, 2005 
TDM900=unmolested.  Gone but not forgotton : XTZ750=overland touring toy, GS500e, GS125
If a strange looking truck driver honks at you & gives you the thumbs up, its could be me  :good:

#6 Guest_jude_*

Guest_jude_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 February 2007 - 02:03 pm

QUOTE(Toneski @ Thu 1st Feb 2007, 01:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
lol your welcome good.gif

umm....can i have some of whatever you had to drink at lunch today? tongue.gif

even with the backrest fitted to the top box there is still no problem me gettin me leg over (easy there tiger)
but i did once catch me boot on the pannier and landed on me arse with me leg stuck in the air
luckily enough there was no one around with a camera that time
amarko(& a few others) have some photos of me laying on the ground after a few stellas. i had fallen over a wall on the RTT tryin to get a ball off a dog(i think)

hehe dont need drink hon, I am naturally like this, but seriously I do love your bike she is sexy, I thought about putting panniers and a top box on mine but as I live around a roughish area and have to keep a special eye on my bike as the youths are partial to helping them selves to other peoples bikes I have no choise but to keep my baby In the back and the only way to get her in and out is through the house and if i had to put the boxes on and off everytime its going to become a chore and not a pleasure going out on her..so I think if I do get some then they can only be used when we go long distances.
Did have the bike in a garage up to a couple of months ago but it was being watched by the said youths and I thought better.

#7 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

• 9,336 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 02:26 pm

thanks mate, the poor thing isnt lookin so good at the mo, she needs a good scrubbing. rolleyes.gif
i mainly only use the top box, the panniers only comeout when away for the weekend or touring. good.gif

during the week she's garaged in 'not a brilliant area', but when i'm back home for the weekend its a nice area so have no problems.

grrr yoofs sad.gif
they need to get their own lives rather than nicking other peoples

My TDM :

#8 Guest_BigTim_*

Guest_BigTim_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 February 2007 - 02:30 pm

I will always respond, its the only way for these forums to work properly if people use them. I'm also a member on the XTZ owner club forums but you rarely get anyone replying on there. I've only had the TDM since October and have been looking to find an owners forum and had heard about this but had problems logging on for ages. Thanks for the welcome

Big Tim

#9 Guest_jude_*

Guest_jude_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 February 2007 - 02:34 pm

QUOTE(Toneski @ Thu 1st Feb 2007, 02:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
thanks mate, the poor thing isnt lookin so good at the mo, she needs a good scrubbing. rolleyes.gif
i mainly only use the top box, the panniers only comeout when away for the weekend or touring. good.gif

during the week she's garaged in 'not a brilliant area', but when i'm back home for the weekend its a nice area so have no problems.

grrr yoofs sad.gif
they need to get their own lives rather than nicking other peoples

yeah too right but Im happy to have the bike in the back and its ok cos I have pleanty of duck oil and chain lube to keep her well oiled, strange the bike is safer there than in the garage.
I have to get a new tyre for the back but am a little confused cos I am unsure what size to get and which the best type for me and the bike is, as I like to drop her on corners and am ok with riding in the wet i know there are certain types for different riders but hell I dont know...lol

#10 Guest_jude_*

Guest_jude_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 February 2007 - 03:11 pm

QUOTE(Toneski @ Thu 1st Feb 2007, 02:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
lol soz for being sensible, wont happen again i promise jester2.gif

Metzler Z6s are great IMHO good.gif
Q. rants for the BT020 fans...... rolleyes.gif

theres been a lot of discussion RE: tyres huh.gif
just search for tyres and see how many threads pop up..... cool.gif

ps. heffalumps

Is that also know as the skirt?????

#11 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

• 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.

Posted 01 February 2007 - 06:50 pm

QUOTE(BigTim @ Thu 1st Feb 2007, 02:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I will always respond, its the only way for these forums to work properly if people use them. I'm also a member on the XTZ owner club forums but you rarely get anyone replying on there. I've only had the TDM since October and have been looking to find an owners forum and had heard about this but had problems logging on for ages. Thanks for the welcome

Big Tim

hey BT glad ya made it !!! im up in Barnstaple, Bideford fairly often as i travel around Devon fixing rotflmmfao.gif bodging photocopiers wink.gif i live near Exeter so i regularly use the A377 to head up ure direction. will be in Ilfracombe fri. morning. ya that Porridge bridge even in me van is broddy dangerous..........but a big hefty lad loike yaself will surely have nay bodder keeping her on the straight an narrow !!!!! (im a scrawny get.......) whats yer username on the XTZ site as im on there too sometimes ???? was i right when i assumed they were CCC zorsts ???? regards WiCkY wink.gif

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

#12 Guest_Emmett_*

Guest_Emmett_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 February 2007 - 07:02 pm

QUOTE(wicklamulla @ Thu 1st Feb 2007, 06:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
(im a scrawny get.......)

Ya filty liar rotflmmfao.gif

#13 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

• 12,211 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 09:19 pm

QUOTE(Emmett @ Thu 1st Feb 2007, 06:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ya filty liar rotflmmfao.gif

wub.gif ranting.gif sad.gif

#14 Guest_BigTim_*

Guest_BigTim_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 February 2007 - 08:30 am

Wicky

I'm not sure who made the zorsts they were already on the bike when I got it and I can't see any identifying labels/stickers, there is the all important BS road legal stamp which makes MOT's a bit easier. As I said I'm new to the area, so new Im living in a caravan not far from Ilfracombe while the wife and kids are still at home in deepest darkest Essex while all the usual house sales/purchases go through. I only get access to T'internet during the week while i'm at work as all my stuff is still at home. Hopefully the next month should see me in our new house and reunited with the family and the TDM in its new garage home. Are there any other TDM owners from the Bideford/Barnstaple North Devon area?

You look like a Scrawny little git in your pictures. rotflmmfao.gif You be pleased to know that if you stood next to me you would look like a wee fella as I'm not a small chap.

cheers

Big Tim

#15 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

• 9,336 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 09:34 am

QUOTE(BigTim @ Fri 2nd Feb 2007, 08:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wicky

I'm not sure who made the zorsts they were already on the bike when I got it and I can't see any identifying labels/stickers, there is the all important BS road legal stamp which makes MOT's a bit easier. As I said I'm new to the area, so new Im living in a caravan not far from Ilfracombe while the wife and kids are still at home in deepest darkest Essex while all the usual house sales/purchases go through. I only get access to T'internet during the week while i'm at work as all my stuff is still at home. Hopefully the next month should see me in our new house and reunited with the family and the TDM in its new garage home. Are there any other TDM owners from the Bideford/Barnstaple North Devon area?

You look like a Scrawny little git in your pictures. rotflmmfao.gif You be pleased to know that if you stood next to me you would look like a wee fella as I'm not a small chap.

cheers

Big Tim

wear aboots mate?

My TDM :

#16 Guest_BigTim_*

Guest_BigTim_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 February 2007 - 11:15 am

I was living in Harlow, I had a good time there for the last 20 years or so and in a way a bit sad to leave all my mates etc. but the opportunity for the kids to grow up in Devon a couple of miles from the sea was too good to turn down.

Big Tim

#17 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

• 12,211 posts

Posted 03 February 2007 - 11:52 am

QUOTE(BigTim @ Fri 2nd Feb 2007, 08:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wicky

cheers

Big Tim
see i told ya banana.gif Dapleb (MKI 850 owner) lives at present in South Molton, so ya may bump into anudder scrawny get at some stage ! caravan huh ! jaysus ye'd be lucky not to get blown away in some of the winds that whip across Norf Devon. re. yer Essicks mates, look on the bright side as they now have somewhere noice to come and stay when the spring kicks in !!

#18 aytcat1

aytcat1

has been here 4ever

• 1,093 posts
  • TDM model: 2000

Posted 04 February 2007 - 06:56 pm

QUOTE(wicklamulla @ Sat 3rd Feb 2007, 11:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
see i told ya banana.gif Dapleb (MKI 850 owner) lives at present in South Molton, so ya may bump into anudder scrawny get at some stage ! caravan huh ! jaysus ye'd be lucky not to get blown away in some of the winds that whip across Norf Devon. re. yer Essicks mates, look on the bright side as they now have somewhere noice to come and stay when the spring kicks in !!

I got a few mates down near Barnstable @ Brauton go down there if i can couple times a year
South Moulton i broke down on that road A361 going to Bampton that was yonks ago walked 6 miles no sod gave me a lift in there cars then a biker came along after 3 hrs walking and took me all the way to Taunton coach station so i could get home left me Bike at a farm house and got it in a van following week end

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users