Photo
- - - - -

Vnuk Ruling - Threat To Motor Sport (And A Buggeration For All)

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Bobos

Bobos

Carpe junky

• PipPipPipPip
  • 428 posts
  • TDM model: 2001

Posted 01 February 2017 - 09:19 pm

Been a while since I've posted, still lurked every now and then though. Thought this would interest a few. I work in motor sport so have a personal interest in this having a pragmatic outcome but it could potentially wreck our sport, or certainly make it even more expensive. Importantly the insurance industry have said motor sport is "uninsurable" so who could pick up the bill if there's a claim? The government, so all of us what pays our taxes. Have a dig for yourself, there are form letters available to send to your MP that the MSA have published and a petition on the parliament web site to enable the issue to be discussed if it reaches a high enough number.

TTFN!

https://www.acu.org....e-to-EU-ruling/
We're all going to die, so let's be nice.

#2 sidestand

sidestand

Carpe Citizen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,456 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 01 February 2017 - 09:59 pm

We'll be gone from the EU before that bollocks becomes law  :good:

post-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gifpost-1-1152402501.jpgThe older I get, the better I was

96 MkII in yellow & silver with bluespots, braided lines, Remus 2 into 1, Hagon rear shock & fork springs, bashplate, heated grips,Motech pannier racks, Road Attacks, Jockoiler, Baglux tank cover & bag. Gone to a far better place - hasn't it Remo?
Another 96 Mk2 in yellow & silver - absolutely standard & pristine ( apart from a butchered rear mudguard - but I'm looking for a new one
'76 Suzuki GT500 Stroker in need of a rebuild
'80 Yamaha XT250 mudplugger
another '81 XT250
'91 BMW R80GS - this one really will do a RTW trip
'05 BMW K1200S - inline four with a shaft
'10 BMW R1200GSA Anniversary Edition
'02 Fazer 1000 - 4 carbs are better than 2 ! - water pump rebuilt by Mr Ramrod Engineering
'00 Triumph Adventurer - Cruiser with a difference - British & a triple
Gary's Bathtub - '99 BMW K1200RS in luvverly pillarbox red . Now been Waspycycled to Nuneaton
And the Latest Addition - a nice BMW G650 XCountry greenlaner - on long term loan to Boy Wonder

1996 Kawasaki KH125 Stroker

2000 TDM Mk2A - nicely Studleyfied - Modified by Masterbrewer, but we've fixed that now !

BMW K1300R

2004 TDM 900 in Silver/Blue - heated grips, MRA vary screen, Wilbers rear shock & engine bars to fit 

BMW S1000XR in white 

#3 Bobos

Bobos

Carpe junky

• PipPipPipPip
  • 428 posts
  • TDM model: 2001

Posted 01 February 2017 - 10:46 pm

Please ensure you insure with a company that only insures and operates in the UK then. Cos if you don't that company you do insure with with surely also operate in the EU and therefore I can ensure will be insuring those who do need to insure under this ruling, that means your insurance will assuredly need to pay for the additional insurance needed by those wot does need to insure.While we are in the EU this is one I assure you we need to fight against. Take a look at the implications. Whether we're in the EU or not it will have an effect.
We're all going to die, so let's be nice.

#4 Bjørge

Bjørge

has been here 4ever

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 1,792 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 02 February 2017 - 12:34 pm

Stupid question: What are you in need of insuring when racing ? The bike ? Strange noone wants to write a contract, ha-ha  :rotflmmfao:

...or the driver ? Well, you have a public, free healthcare and pensions in UK, right ?

....or what's the problem ?

Bjørge

#5 Retro

Retro

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 242 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 02 February 2017 - 01:36 pm

Rossi to Marquez "Bin me at the chicane on lap 14 and we'll split the payout"

I never ride faster than my angel can fly

#6 dandywarhol

dandywarhol

Carpe Citizen

• 5,324 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 02 February 2017 - 05:33 pm

Stupid question: What are you in need of insuring when racing ? The bike ? Strange noone wants to write a contract, ha-ha  :rotflmmfao:

...or the driver ? Well, you have a public, free healthcare and pensions in UK, right ?

....or what's the problem ?

Public liability at the trackside is a problem - especially on closed road circuits. although the sign reads "Motor Racing is Dangerous" someone will need to pay out if a race bike crashes into the crowd, as has happened many times

1967 Yamaha TD1C 250, 2014 Kawasaki W800, 2011 Aprilia Tuono 1000 V4, 2020 Yamaha XSR900

"At the cutting edge of technophobia" Scotland_180-animated-flag-gifs.gif mccoy.gif

#7 Bjørge

Bjørge

has been here 4ever

• 1,792 posts

Posted 06 February 2017 - 08:03 am

Public liability at the trackside is a problem - especially on closed road circuits. although the sign reads "Motor Racing is Dangerous" someone will need to pay out if a race bike crashes into the crowd, as has happened many times

I see... but not quite why noone would be offering an insurance. Are racing accidents really that common ?

Bjørge

#8 dandywarhol

dandywarhol

Carpe Citizen

• 5,324 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 06 February 2017 - 12:20 pm

Thankfully not but the closed road circuits in Ireland and the Isle of Man pose a problem - what's the cost of a life these days in Litigation World?

Back to the original post - what I don't understand  is why it wouldn't be a problem with Motorsport in Europe if it is an EU ruling  :unsure2:

Anyway, it's still at the consultation stage - I've signed the petition, I'd urge others to do so too  :badgerrock:

https://www.change.o...tion-reason_msg

1967 Yamaha TD1C 250, 2014 Kawasaki W800, 2011 Aprilia Tuono 1000 V4, 2020 Yamaha XSR900

"At the cutting edge of technophobia" Scotland_180-animated-flag-gifs.gif mccoy.gif

#9 muddy

muddy

full o shoite

• 2,973 posts

Posted 06 February 2017 - 05:39 pm

The consequence of greater centralisation is stifling, bureaucracy and petty laws.

Blue 04 TDM,PR2 rear Roadsmart front, Yamaha topox, Givi E360 panniers, PL pannier holders, BMW handguards, Yamaha touring screen, Scottoiler, 12v ciggie socket, carbon core HT leads

Gorn :sorry:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users