• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 donik

donik

arrived on last train

• 1 posts
  • TDM model: none yet

Posted 21 May 2009 - 12:07 am

Greetings! I live in Russia, in the city of Vladivostok. At me TDM-900 2005, Japanese.
Привет! Я живу в России, в городе Владивосток. У меня TDM-900 2005 года, японский.

#2 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,101 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 21 May 2009 - 12:57 am

Welcome Donik.
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#3 Onanist

Onanist

Carpe junky

• PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 21 May 2009 - 05:48 am

Hi there Donik and welcome.
My life in bikes (with the random oddity) Made it to 48 with no car licence : Yamaha DT50M, Yamaha RD250E, Honda Melody (stupid law changes), Honda NS125F, Yamaha FZ600, Yamaha TDM850 MKI, CZ 125, GSXR1100WP, Aprilia RS250, Yamaha TDM850 MKII, Yamaha YZF750, Honda FT500, Reliant Rialto, Suzuki DR250, Suzuki DR650, Sukida 200, Yamaha Thunderace, Yamaha TDM900 2003, Yamaha TDM850 MKI, Triumph Tiger 1050, Triumph Tiger Explorer

#4 Mark_TDM 4TX6

Mark_TDM 4TX6

Carpe Regular

• Pip
  • 140 posts
  • TDM model: 2000

Posted 21 May 2009 - 08:43 am

welcome.gif Donik.

I thought all the TDM's are Japanese. rolleyes.gif

Mark
TDM 850 4TX6, Silver metalic, 2000, 38000km, Multi Gauge Mod
Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#5 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

seagull squadron leader & founding member of GoatTracKrew

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 9,336 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 21 May 2009 - 08:57 am

welcome.gif

"Never argue with an idiot. They just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"
My TDM :
Black 1991 850 MK1, 160k+ miles(ish, best guess really, gave up trying to keep count after 3rd set of clocks and 3rd engine), PilotRoad2 tyres, custom stubby exhaust system, bluespot calipers & goodridge braided hoses with dunlopads, maxton forks, Ohlins shock, kedo handguards, stainless TDM grill, Scottoiler with lubetube & dual nozzle thingy, Givi Wingrack2 with E45 & 2xE36s, renntec crash bars, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider2, Optimate IIIsp, Bagster tank cover, anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led spotlights, heated grips, new braided lines and rear caliper that actually has bleed nipples
Silver-ish 2003 900, 70k miles, PilotRoad3 front tyre (new@65k) & PR2 rear(new at 69k), Renthal 755 bars with KTM handguards, oxford unheated grips, power commander 3usb, scorpion titanium exhausts, standard screen with vario winglet thingy, stainless grill, oem centre stand, bagster tank cover, givi monokey topplate mounted on grabrail with V46 topbox, Givi PL pannier rails with E21s, crash bungs, mirror extender thingys, Halfords Advanced Laser Blue brillance bulbs, 21w led spotlights, touring scottoiler with leehenty dual nozzle, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider3 Urban, winter style anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led brake light strip, replacement heated grips

current rides : TDM850 3vd/mk1=tourer&scratcher, TRX850=weekend twisty toy, 2003 TDM900=commuter, 2005 
TDM900=unmolested.  Gone but not forgotton : XTZ750=overland touring toy, GS500e, GS125
If a strange looking truck driver honks at you & gives you the thumbs up, its could be me  :good:

#6 rami

rami

really likes Carpe

• 89 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 21 May 2009 - 09:34 am

welcome.gif
Touring screen,front fenda extanda,touring scottoiler,engine guards,hand guards, givi v46 topbox, bagstar leather tank cover with tank bag.Belly pan fitted. Rack and backrest fitted to top box
Would like some louder cans(on the way, now fitted) and may be a power commander.

#7 dallasRUS

dallasRUS

enuff posts to fill a 50cc

• 52 posts
  • TDM model: 1998

Posted 21 May 2009 - 10:26 am

QUOTE(Mark_TDM 4TX6 @ Thu 21st May 2009, 03:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I thought all the TDM's are Japanese. rolleyes.gif

Mark, there are models for Japanese Internal Market exist, almost same as European.
but different model numbers, no VIN code, and with "wrong" headlamp (for russians) smile.gif
Some parts aren't same, for example there is electronic speed limit 180 km/h present.

As you know in Russia we have right-side driving, and in Japan left-side as in UK,
so that is why we're often dividing "japanese" and "european", especially for cars.

Edited by dallasRUS, 21 May 2009 - 11:40 am.

#8 Mark_TDM 4TX6

Mark_TDM 4TX6

Carpe Regular

• Pip
  • 140 posts
  • TDM model: 2000

Posted 22 May 2009 - 08:35 am

QUOTE(dallasRUS @ Thu 21st May 2009, 12:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Mark, there are models for Japanese Internal Market exist, almost same as European.
but different model numbers, no VIN code, and with "wrong" headlamp (for russians) smile.gif
Some parts aren't same, for example there is electronic speed limit 180 km/h present.

As you know in Russia we have right-side driving, and in Japan left-side as in UK,
so that is why we're often dividing "japanese" and "european", especially for cars.

I never knew that there where special Japanese Internal market models.(with speed limeter dunno.gif ) intersting to know.
So you just changed the headlight to make it righthand drive then.
Would be easer to go for European model or are they more expensive as the Japanese imports.

TDM 850 4TX6, Silver metalic, 2000, 38000km, Multi Gauge Mod
Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#9 dallasRUS

dallasRUS

enuff posts to fill a 50cc

• 52 posts
  • TDM model: 1998

Posted 22 May 2009 - 09:40 am

You're right, European models sometimes are more expensive.
So if person live in western part of country, like St.Peterburg or Moscow it is easy
to purchase from Germany, for example, and if in Vladivostok like donik,
sure it is cheaper to get from Japan, as transportation across country also not so cheap.

Also prices slightly lower in Japan, that is why we have a lot of firms which are
will import any vehicle for you from Japanese Auctions. Most of Japanese Auction
has very strict assessment system, so vehicle condition often exactly as described.
So a lot of japanese vehicles going across whole country and we have a lot of
right-handed cars with right-side driving schema. In most eastern parts of country
I guess approx. 60-80% personal cars are RH, because of price/quality parameter.

Changing headlamp is quite expensive, as new one cost about $300-400 and not
always available to order, so manyriders do like this picture found recently in Internet
http://i217.photobuc...lampmasking.jpg
and unfortunately often removes this after Gov't technical inspection procedure
(equal to MOT in UK I guess).

About speed limit, there are almost all of bikes and cars has this limit
(now I talking about Internal models only), as it is Gov't Law in Japan
limiting top speed at 180 km/h and top power at 280 hp.

At TDM 850 is this case there are sensor and alum. sector part (movable with arrow)
inside Speedo drive, so it sends current arrow position (eq current speed) information
to Ignitor unit assy. So replacing Ignition box from European model solves this problem.

#10 stu

stu

full o shoite

• 2,060 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 22 May 2009 - 03:59 pm

pryviet, lads. wink.gif

Stu

#11 dandywarhol

dandywarhol

Carpe Citizen

• 5,324 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 22 May 2009 - 05:22 pm

Welcome - Buy a Mazda Bongo and you'll be complete dry.gif

http://www.demonav.ru/Friendee/3.JPG

1967 Yamaha TD1C 250, 2014 Kawasaki W800, 2011 Aprilia Tuono 1000 V4, 2020 Yamaha XSR900

"At the cutting edge of technophobia" Scotland_180-animated-flag-gifs.gif mccoy.gif

#12 nafashka

nafashka

arrived on last train

• 1 posts
  • TDM model: 2005

Posted 14 July 2009 - 10:40 am

QUOTE(donik @ Thu 21st May 2009, 04:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Greetings! I live in Russia, in the city of Vladivostok. At me TDM-900 2005, Japanese.
Привет! Я живу в России, в городе Владивосток. У меня TDM-900 2005 года, японский.

мы все читаем эту конфу и общаемся на тдмской мото.ру -шной:)))

now i can write too,
i live in russia, at moscow city, and 5 years i had tdm850-95, but now have a 9er 2005 diamond black tongue.gif

Edited by nafashka, 14 July 2009 - 10:44 am.

-------------
carpe diem

#13 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

is it Jizzy Rascal time yet.....?

• 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 15 July 2009 - 04:16 pm

QUOTE(nafashka @ Tue 14th Jul 2009, 11:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
мы все читаем эту конфу и общаемся на тдмской мото.ру -шной:)))now i can write too,i live in russia, at moscow city, and 5 years i had tdm850-95, but now have a 9er 2005 diamond black tongue.gif
welcome to Carpe Ruski excl.gif drinks.gif

Edited by wicklamulla, 15 July 2009 - 04:18 pm.

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

I loike tay and hang sangwiches !

www.kenhogantreeservices.co.uk

http://s33.photobuck...77/wickla/?sc=6

http://reg.imageshack.us/v_images.php

post-1-1150550733.gifpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#14 Kudesnik

Kudesnik

arrived on last train

• 1 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 11:38 am

Здарова чуваки!
нам мало места на мотору:) мы еще и тут нафлудим:) (зато нас никто не палит тут)!

Hi all, I'm from Moscow, Russia, and riding TDM's mother - Super Tenere, so we are cousins! Glad to find ya!

#15 JollyGiant

JollyGiant

Crap Citizen

• 3,406 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 18 September 2009 - 03:36 pm

Hi and welcome to this mad world! tongue.gif

My Super Modded TDM has gone to a new home :(

I'm now a carbon whore!

#16 casperdanskiy

casperdanskiy

arrived on last train

• 1 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 01 December 2010 - 04:15 pm

Hello !!!

I live in Moscow and use information of this forum. Thanks for your experience.

Best regards

Edited by casperdanskiy, 01 December 2010 - 04:20 pm.

#17 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,101 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 04:17 pm

Hello casper. smile.gif
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#18 erny

erny

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 550 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 01 December 2010 - 04:27 pm

It seems the Siberian weather we are experiencing has blew over one or two reprobates with TDM's!
Welcome to Carpe-TDM fellas.
I need a sig. indeed with plenty of frickin polish

#19 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• 10,732 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 01 December 2010 - 06:35 pm

Hello Russia,,, welcome everyone,,, how's ya winter,,,,you would feel very much at home in the UK right now biggrin.gif

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#20 Favs

Favs

Sir Cumference

• 4,388 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 01 December 2010 - 07:51 pm

QUOTE(donik @ Thu 21st May 2009, 12:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Welcome smile.gif

Single-handedly reviving the Wave.

2008 reg. Black TDM 900 ABS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users