Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,202 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 29 December 2010 - 06:20 pm

welcome.gif Korben.

Nice mk1 you have there smile.gif

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#3 dandywarhol

dandywarhol

Carpe Citizen

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 5,324 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 30 December 2010 - 12:13 am

Hi Korben - Dapleb and I travelled your country 4 years ago - from Bulgaria to Ruse, Curtea de Arges and over the Transfagarasen Pass drinks.gif

1967 Yamaha TD1C 250, 2014 Kawasaki W800, 2011 Aprilia Tuono 1000 V4, 2020 Yamaha XSR900

"At the cutting edge of technophobia" Scotland_180-animated-flag-gifs.gif mccoy.gif

#4 Korben

Korben

arrived on last train

• 6 posts
  • TDM model: 1995

Posted 30 December 2010 - 09:15 am

QUOTE(dandywarhol @ Thu 30th Dec 2010, 02:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Korben - Dapleb and I travelled your country 4 years ago - from Bulgaria to Ruse, Curtea de Arges and over the Transfagarasen Pass

And I'm quite sure you've passed through my city, Arad, wich is 50 km before (or after tongue.gif ) the romanian/hungarian border
If you ever return to Romania, (or anyone else) take a little time and visit Transilvania (the north-west quarter of the country)
You will not regret it

#5 Korben

Korben

arrived on last train

• 6 posts
  • TDM model: 1995

Posted 30 December 2010 - 09:22 am

QUOTE(Studley Ramrod @ Wed 29th Dec 2010, 08:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
welcome Korben.

Nice mk1 you have there

Thank you
There she is, ready for launching rolleyes.gif

#6 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• 10,732 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 30 December 2010 - 10:54 am

Hi Korben and Welcome,, i have visited Romania on a number of occasions,, mostly to Sintana,, very close to Arad which i visited.
Friends and i used to go several times a year to entertain the orphaned children,, a coach load of us.. We used to arrange football matches, have barbecues and we also took the band along to play for the kids.
I will always remember the welcome i had arriving at about 3am one morning ( i drove my car) stopping at a small bar just outside Sintana,, when the barman realised where we were going he insisted on giving us a drink or two,, the home made stuff,, which we call "squeech" on account of the way your throat felt afterwards,, and which every household seemed to have copious amounts of biggrin.gif I dont think i was made more welcome anywhere else i have been in this world,, the people of Romania are truly hospitable.
I also managed to visit Pioana Brasov to go skiing,, fantastic place and also of course Count Dracula's castle.
Driving back to Sintana from Pioana Brasov my car ( Opel Manta ) probably not the best choice for Romania at the time,, hit one of those massive pot holes and ripped the exhaust clean off,, when i got to Sintana the local mechanic welded an exhaust from steel pipe he had lying around to fix it,, and refused any payment,, that just would'nt happen elsewhere,,, of course he was very appreciative of the 2 crates of beer i bought for him.
All in all i had a wonderful experiance and fond memories of Romania and would like to return some day.

Korben do you ever pass through Sintana ?? i wonder how the community is doing these days and tell me please,,, have the roads improved any in recent years.

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#7 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,101 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 30 December 2010 - 11:13 am

QUOTE(dablik @ Thu 30th Dec 2010, 10:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I dont think i was made more welcome anywhere else i have been in this world,, the people of Romania are truly hospitable.

wifgeni.gif

those massive pot holes

Opel Manta...it was a while ago then. The potholes aint changed mush.

All in all i had a wonderful experiance and fond memories of Romania and would like to return some day.

wifgeni.gif

"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#8 barboge

barboge

arrived on last train

• 1 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 30 December 2010 - 03:45 pm

Korben, I'm very sure that the two of them, dandywarhol and dapleb, they have passed through my city too, Bucharest. Korben, I'm happy to meet here, to this forum and I'll be very happy to meet you face to face. Hey you, the owners of the TDM bikes, I'll be waiting for you in Bucharest anytime. Just let me know that and send me a PM. Good luck to everybody!

#9 dandywarhol

dandywarhol

Carpe Citizen

• 5,324 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 07:00 pm

We passed very near Bucharest - from memory we took the 5B and route 61 to pick up the E81 towards Curtea. We entered Hungary at Oradea where we had a lover's tiff about filling the fuel tanks rotflmmfao.gif

The whole trip, Belgium, France, Germany, Austria, Italy, Greece, Bulgaria, Romania, Hungary, Slovakia, CZ, and back through Germany was 95% off motorway/autoroute/autobahn etc. Mainly small roads and some dirt tracks mellow.gif It was the best trip of my life and so good that I've had an operation on my arm to repair tendons with the constant use of the clutch lever for 5 weeks laugh.gif

You might find Dapleb's ramblings a bit difficult to read but I'm sure you'll get the picture rolleyes.gif

http://www.carpe-tdm...t...p;blogid=2

Edited by dandywarhol, 30 December 2010 - 07:08 pm.

1967 Yamaha TD1C 250, 2014 Kawasaki W800, 2011 Aprilia Tuono 1000 V4, 2020 Yamaha XSR900

"At the cutting edge of technophobia" Scotland_180-animated-flag-gifs.gif mccoy.gif

#10 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,101 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 07:37 pm

Ya forgot Poland...and if ya ever come oot of retirement....

Following "Gertie" its possible we went through alot of towns....more than once. smile.gif

barboge, you werent the fella on Horizons who gave me a huge amount of info on Romania, he was from Bucharest?

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#11 cavaleru31

cavaleru31

arrived on last train

• 3 posts
  • TDM model: none yet

Posted 21 March 2011 - 05:17 pm

Hey hey. Mk1 from 92 from Bucharest. It's an honor!

Edited by cavaleru31, 21 March 2011 - 05:18 pm.

#12 dandywarhol

dandywarhol

Carpe Citizen

• 5,324 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 10:25 pm

QUOTE(dapleb @ Thu 30th Dec 2010, 07:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ya forgot Poland...and if ya ever come oot of retirement....

Following "Gertie" its possible we went through alot of towns....more than once. smile.gif

barboge, you werent the fella on Horizons who gave me a huge amount of info on Romania, he was from Bucharest?

Don't remember being in Poland unsure.gif

#13 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,101 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 07:34 am

Tatras from t'other side? Grrrt big wooden house called "willia krzysztoforow". LAshed bloke we asked directions.....who then fell into his car and drove home.

"We crossed into Poland via Lysa Polana on the edge of the Tatrzanski National Park. After skirting round the park we re-entered Slovakia at Sucha Hora (hrumph)."

#14 dandywarhol

dandywarhol

Carpe Citizen

• 5,324 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 09:23 pm

Oh aye - forgot Zacopane wiz in Poland - thought it was Slovakia

Big widden hoose.......sminky running away from us..................

#15 JaceK

JaceK

arrived on last train

• 3 posts
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 18 January 2012 - 07:32 am

Yes... Zakopane still belongs to Poland cool.gif

#16 Pict

Pict

Keep on keepin' on

• 6,257 posts
  • TDM model: 2006

Posted 16 February 2015 - 10:42 am

Mesaj pentru Romainia

(Message to  Romania)

Hi guys. In case you missed it, please see my posting in the Hyde Park forum. But please don't feel any obligation.

Mulţam!

Pict

Edited by Pict, 16 February 2015 - 10:51 am.

Dinotrike.jpg "It's a TDM, Jim, but not as we know it"

www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAHmEWim3to

Diamond black TDM 900A TRIKE, 2006 ABS model converted by Trike Design (Caerphilly, South Wales) prior to first registration in March 2007.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users