9 replies to this topic

#1 Riggers

Riggers

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts
  • TDM model: 2009

Posted 06 April 2020 - 04:03 pm

Does anyone know what the situation is if you buy a NEW bike from a dealer who is too far away from home if anything goes wrong? For example I live in Hull. So if I were to buy a bargain priced MT07 from a London dealer and have it delivered would a more local dealer handle any warranty work that may crop up and also take on the first 'free' service at 500 miles?

They're all closed at the moment so I can't ring and ask.

Cheers guys, and all advice gratefully received.

Riggers.

Edited by Riggers, 06 April 2020 - 06:47 pm.

#2 MickC

MickC

Carpe junky

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 06 April 2020 - 04:19 pm

If the local was a main Yamaha cant see the problem its Yamahas warrenty but realy you do need to check with both dealers if they are ok with it,when they open again.

Dont see why they should honour the free service as they are not getting anything from the sale unless it is Yamahas policy to give the free service.

If it needs warrenty work Yamaha pay the dealer so should be ok.

Thats my thinking anyway.

#3 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,202 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 06 April 2020 - 07:29 pm

Or, see if a local dealer will price match ?

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#4 ramo

ramo

has been here 4ever

• 1,176 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 06 April 2020 - 08:43 pm

Riggers

from my experience your warranty will be valid at any main dealer in the country,

but you may have to pay for the first "free service "  if carried out by another dealer other than the one

you bought it from, the free part is usually labour only you pay for parts/sundries, that's the only difference between buying locally or not.

So not usually a massive amount for labour, contact your local dealer and ask the price of a first service that may help you in making a decision or turn him on to make you a good  offer on a bike, 

You never know till you ask, I would ask/email them, I"m sure you would get a response 

nearly forgot first dibs on the blue niner, looked nice the day when I saw you at Wetwang  :good:

#5 jono49

jono49

has been here 4ever

• 1,183 posts

Posted 06 April 2020 - 09:37 pm

I wanted to trade a bike last year and buy a Honda NC750X I was prepared to buy a new one from my local Honda dealer (Carlisle)  but spat the dummy about me buying a vstrom from his mortal enemy two years ago ( Talk about bearing grudges) they offered an insult for my trade in bike, and quoted full retail for a new one, so I scoured the net and found a pre-registered 19 plate with 7 mile on it at "Rochdale Honda"  and offered somewhere near for my trade in and had it delivered ( I had to pay that one) My Honda is nearly due to have it's first dervice and it will be going to my local Honda dealer and if there's any pissing up my back with the price I'll have a run to somewhere else for a day to have it done when all this Corona bollox is finished.....As for your situation go for it, the money's in your pocket make it work best for you :good:

They are all obliged to carry out warranty work......dont worry!

PPS Ramo alway's starts to groom his victims by flattering their bikes.....Beware!!!!!......If you dont believe me ask Dablik!

Edited by jono49, 06 April 2020 - 09:40 pm.

Don't get confused between my personality
and my attitude. My personality is who I am,
my attitude depends on who YOU are!

Skinny people are easy to kidnap.....Stay safe and eat cake!!!!!

#6 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• 10,735 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 07 April 2020 - 07:45 am

:unsure2:

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#7 Riggers

Riggers

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 07 April 2020 - 08:39 am

Thanks for all the advice guys, that's all been very helpful and cleared my head a bit. The comments on first service all make sense when I think about it. Once we're Corona free (never liked the stuff anyway) I'll put plans into action.

BTW stop your sighs of relief! I'm not getting rid of my TDM, just thinking of a nice new little prezzie for myself!

Thanks fellas,

Riggers.

#8 Robodene

Robodene

Robodene

• 1,508 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 07 April 2020 - 01:39 pm

You will not be disappointed with your new pressie. In fact, if you close eyes (not for too long, mind!) you will think you have the TDM engine underneath you.
1940s Ariel 350 (ex-military) Khaki > Black & White '56' Kymco Venox 250 Metallic Grey '56' TDM 900/A (ABS) Silver[b] '56' Yamaha MT-03 White <p>[b] '14' Yamaha MT-07 Matt Grey[b] '17' Honda Rebel 500 

#9 ramo

ramo

has been here 4ever

• 1,176 posts

Posted 07 April 2020 - 02:43 pm

You are a let down Riggers lol

#10 Riggers

Riggers

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 09 April 2020 - 08:43 am

I wanted to trade a bike last year and buy a Honda NC750X I was prepared to buy a new one from my local Honda dealer (Carlisle)  but spat the dummy about me buying a vstrom from his mortal enemy two years ago ( Talk about bearing grudges) they offered an insult for my trade in bike, and quoted full retail for a new one, so I scoured the net and found a pre-registered 19 plate with 7 mile on it at "Rochdale Honda"  and offered somewhere near for my trade in and had it delivered ( I had to pay that one) My Honda is nearly due to have it's first dervice and it will be going to my local Honda dealer and if there's any pissing up my back with the price I'll have a run to somewhere else for a day to have it done when all this Corona bollox is finished.....As for your situation go for it, the money's in your pocket make it work best for you :good:

Hi mate - can I just ask you how the payment side of things worked? Did you pay for the bike up front, or was it some kind of payment on delivery? 

Cheers , Riggers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users