• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 DaveW

DaveW

enuff posts to fill a 50cc

• 59 posts
  • TDM model: 2000

Posted 28 July 2020 - 12:55 pm

My 4TX has braided hoses fitted by a previous owner. The larger than standard joint onto the rear caliper means that there is not enough room to extract the battery in the way described in manual. (Not the best design feature of the bike in any case.)
Does anybody know from experience whether I could get enough clearance by deflating tyre rather than having to take the wheel right out?
Thanks once again.

#2 Andy25

Andy25

Carpe Addict

• PipPipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 28 July 2020 - 06:21 pm

Removing the battery is like a Krypton Factor challenge on the 4tx at the Best of Times
It will come out quite easily after you've scraped all the skin from your knuckles etc
then pop back in without any problems

All about getting the right angle

Not really helping am I

#3 ortogo

ortogo

discovering Carpe

• 19 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 28 July 2020 - 07:15 pm

Its a little while since I had to change the battery on my 4tx but it was a right pain in butt. I took the rear wheel out which made things much easier and I would have taken the rear shock out if the lower mounting bolt wasn,t seized solid, (but that's another can of worms). I eventually managed to wriggle the battery out but I,m not sure you would get it out without removing the back wheel. The strange things is that the new battery went in very easily. If I had to do the job again I would take out the back wheel and having since sorted the the shock mounting bolts I would remove the rear shock as well

#4 Gdogg

Gdogg

has been here 4ever

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,160 posts

Posted 28 July 2020 - 07:15 pm

My 4TX has braided hoses fitted by a previous owner. The larger than standard joint onto the rear caliper means that there is not enough room to extract the battery in the way described in manual. (Not the best design feature of the bike in any case.)
Does anybody know from experience whether I could get enough clearance by deflating tyre rather than having to take the wheel right out?
Thanks once again.

Hi DaveW,

just sent you a PM chap

<p> Now Sold 😔......850 MK2A 4TX6 in Silver, Stainless steel hand rolled slip on end can, stainless 2into1 headers, K&N air filter, Hagon progressive front springs, Gdogg modified rear shock, Else Made "Ridgeback" Gel Seat, Gdogg under seat fender extender, Powrspark leads, Carbon fiber effect vinyl wrap fairing decals & logos, Michelin Pilot Road2's, V-Strom hand guards, Givi monorack & box (colour matched side rails).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users