5 replies to this topic

#1 pete7

pete7

RTT10 manager

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,078 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 25 April 2017 - 08:19 pm

Interesting show as always. April is the "older" classics so more of my era.

A few of you might enjoy these pictures. They are mainly quirky stuff from period when bikes were a means of transport rather than teenage rebellion, high speed or current "adventure" fixation ...  :P

P7

Keep music live!

YouTube: pete7kcu

#2 divvxj

divvxj

has been here 4ever

• 1,296 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 08:38 pm

:good: 

#3 Rallyist

Rallyist

Gettin to be an 'Old Bugger'

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 3,251 posts
  • Location:Usually in a Hospital somewhere in the Birmingham area
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 25 April 2017 - 08:46 pm

The Pixie was rubbish the Beagle on the other hand went very well and handled despite being a bit tall the only problem with it was if thrashed they tended to dump the engine oil over the rear wheel as the hole at the end of the camshaft where the breather was was too small to allow the oil to drain into the sump quick enough, I had to test a load of them whilst at BSA for the outriders to use on the Milk Race in 1965, binned a couple because of the oil.

For a challenging summer try the

Round Britain Rally.....  

1993 TDM 850 Mk1 ..... 2008 TDM 900 ....  1975, 1979, 1982, 1992 Goldwings, Scott, AJS,  Triumph 5TA

#4 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,213 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 25 April 2017 - 09:20 pm

Cheers Pete :good:

I like the sympathetic resto on the beagle, gives it true character compared with the ground up resto's.

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#5 pete7

pete7

RTT10 manager

• 2,078 posts

Posted 30 April 2017 - 04:19 pm

The Pixie was rubbish the Beagle on the other hand went very well and handled despite being a bit tall the only problem with it was if thrashed they tended to dump the engine oil over the rear wheel as the hole at the end of the camshaft where the breather was was too small to allow the oil to drain into the sump quick enough, I had to test a load of them whilst at BSA for the outriders to use on the Milk Race in 1965, binned a couple because of the oil.

Crikey Graham, I never realised you worked there. And that's a real piece of history about the Milk Race!

The amazing thing for me as an interested (fascinated) observer, was that even if the Beagle/Pixie/Dandy etc had been reliable they failed to match the Honda 50's dual seat (crucial - made it family transport) , electric start, auto-clutch, rust-proof leg shields etc etc.

There were some fundamental problems with the Dandy but I forget what they were ... can you remember?

Pete

Keep music live!

#6 pete7

pete7

RTT10 manager

• 2,078 posts

Posted 30 April 2017 - 04:26 pm

Cheers Pete :good:

I like the sympathetic resto on the beagle, gives it true character compared with the ground up resto's.

Agreed

I think as time goes on more and more value will be placed upon genuine patina (as I call the muck accumulated on my TDM)

As the famous Wayne Carini says on "Chasing Classic Cars" (perhaps, the only intelligent motoring TV show ... ever ...?) ...

"it's only original once"!

Applies to everything in life. 

P7

Keep music live!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users