53 replies to this topic

#1 OF.uk

OF.uk

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts
  • TDM model: none yet

Posted 27 March 2008 - 12:53 pm

I've not been around for a while as not having a bike at the moment has lessened my enthusiasm for partaking in any banter with all you lucky lot who have got one (or more).
I'm still off work sick since last August and have been having a right battle with Lancashire County Council trying to get back to to work but not in residential childcare. I've now given up and am handing my notice in on Monday as they've stopped paying me and I'm now only on sick pay. This time off has, however, given me time to do the house up and get it up for sale. We've only had one viewing in 3 weeks but they put an offer in £500 below asking price which we've accepted. There's only 3 of us in the chain so hopefully all should go through in 2-3 months and then we're off to Hungary for good, in time for the Hungarian bike week.
I've been looking round for a 4x4 to get us up and down the track to our mountain house but all the decent older ones seem to return pretty poor mpg so I've just bought a 1996 1.7 petrol Lada Niva. Parts sre for nothing and the Hungarians ought to know how to repair it should it ever need work doing.
I'll be sorting out mobile internet and another bike when we get over there so should show my face on here a bit more, maybe even see some of you should anyone travel to Hungary. We'll have room to put people up and it would be good to speak to someone in English.
In the meantime I've got to get my impending wedding out of the way in April.
Catch you later.
Paul.

Attached Files

Thinking of visiting Hungary? Then visit my website http://explore-hungary.com/
1993 Yamaha xt600 supermoto

#2 Stuart-900

Stuart-900

Carpe fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 190 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 27 March 2008 - 01:01 pm

A wedding, a house sale AND an emigration! Blimey chap, that's one busy few months ohmy.gif

Good for you for making a break for freedom though, and I hope everything goes to plan! good.gif

Look forward to hearing your news updates once things are sorted in Hungary
In the world of I.T. anything is possible (but only according to those that don't understand the problem)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2007 900 with Scottoiler, Starcom communications system, Givi engine bars, Stebel Magnum horn, ATC-2k digital video camera, Fender Extender, Vario winglet, seat, wheels, noisy engine type thing...
VFR 800 VTEC with Starcom communications system, ATC-2k digital video camera, seat, wheels, slightly different noisy engine type thing...

http://www.theultimatehigh.co.uk/

#3 Guest_Favs_*

Guest_Favs_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 March 2008 - 01:08 pm

QUOTE(OF.uk @ Thu 27th Mar 2008, 12:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've not been around for a while as not having a bike at the moment has lessened my enthusiasm for partaking in any banter with all you lucky lot who have got one (or more).

Good for you & I hope all goes well.

#4 stu

stu

full o shoite

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,060 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 27 March 2008 - 06:04 pm

Good luck - sounds like a stressful list of things to do will actually reduce your stress!

Stu

#5 Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 208 posts
  • TDM model: 1997

Posted 27 March 2008 - 07:45 pm

Brave moves - well done. Distance, apparantly, isn't a barrier to catching up on here.

Drop in soon as good.gif

M.M.

#6 dandywarhol

dandywarhol

Carpe Citizen

• 5,324 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 27 March 2008 - 07:45 pm

Keep in touch rolleyes.gif

1967 Yamaha TD1C 250, 2014 Kawasaki W800, 2011 Aprilia Tuono 1000 V4, 2020 Yamaha XSR900

"At the cutting edge of technophobia" Scotland_180-animated-flag-gifs.gif mccoy.gif

#7 Simian

Simian

enuff posts to fill a 50cc

• 58 posts
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 27 March 2008 - 07:56 pm

Well done mate - let us know how Hungary is - always on the look out for good places to emigrate to!

#8 tdm850rider

tdm850rider

Carpe Citizen

• 6,103 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 27 March 2008 - 08:48 pm

All the best OF... keep in touch. drinks.gif
Posted Image

Always tell the truth, it will gratify some of the people and astonish the rest. (Mark Twain)
£

Stebel Nautilus air-horn, Corbin seat, MRA Touring screen, single Delkevic silencer.
"I see by your outfit that you are a spaceman"(MkI (3VD) TDM Review)
Hints for using Carpe-TDM. (photo's, links, etc).

#9 unclesumo

unclesumo

Carpe Regular

• Pip
  • 140 posts
  • TDM model: 1998

Posted 28 March 2008 - 08:04 am

Good luck

#10 OF.uk

OF.uk

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 28 March 2008 - 09:27 am

Thankyou all for your best wishes. I'm sure it will all work out in the end and I will stay in touch once I get settled in and buy another bike.

QUOTE(Simian @ Thu 27th Mar 2008, 07:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well done mate - let us know how Hungary is - always on the look out for good places to emigrate to!

Hungary is fantastic. We've bought 2 houses for a total of £25,000 and their pace of life is so much more relaxed than over here. The roads are relatively quiet and twisty, the weather's better than here, it's relatively undeveloped once you get out of Budapest and it's not full of Brits etc etc. Once you've got your house and car the cost of living is low. We hope to grow as much of our own food as possible and possibly keep a few animals and maybe even see some British bikers from time to time.

Edited by OF.uk, 28 March 2008 - 09:28 am.

#11 Simian

Simian

• 58 posts

Posted 28 March 2008 - 04:07 pm

QUOTE(OF.uk @ Fri 28th Mar 2008, 09:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hungary is fantastic. We've bought 2 houses for a total of £25,000 and their pace of life is so much more relaxed than over here. The roads are relatively quiet and twisty, the weather's better than here, it's relatively undeveloped once you get out of Budapest and it's not full of Brits etc etc. Once you've got your house and car the cost of living is low. We hope to grow as much of our own food as possible and possibly keep a few animals and maybe even see some British bikers from time to time.

My God that's sounds perfect - any room for me in your suitcase! You couldn't get a shed for £25K over here - wow! That's it - I'm looking up the employment situation! good.gif

#12 muddy

muddy

full o shoite

• 2,969 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 28 March 2008 - 07:14 pm

QUOTE(OF.uk @ Fri 28th Mar 2008, 09:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thankyou all for your best wishes. I'm sure it will all work out in the end and I will stay in touch once I get settled in and buy another bike.

It all sounds great. I'm envious. Out of interest, what will you do to earn an income out there, or are you planning on being self-sufficient?

Blue 04 TDM,PR2 rear Roadsmart front, Yamaha topox, Givi E360 panniers, PL pannier holders, BMW handguards, Yamaha touring screen, Scottoiler, 12v ciggie socket, carbon core HT leads

Gorn :sorry:

#13 Simian

Simian

• 58 posts

Posted 28 March 2008 - 07:41 pm

If you set up your own business and want loyal employee's - remember us lot!! Especially me! clapping.gif

#14 Hartside Man

Hartside Man

Old Moaning Git !!

• RTT manager(RTT)
  • 3,247 posts
  • Location:On Hartside more often than not ! But Live in Carlisle UK

Posted 28 March 2008 - 11:12 pm

Hey Paul Best wishes to you all on your new venture good.gif
Although your choice of transport is "Crap" rotflmmfao.gif
only Kidding mate I hope it all works out for you clapping.gif

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I have a Ghost S and i'm not afraid to use it !

A Beast in Orange Called KaTie eM 

"Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul".

"So you just ride somewhere, eat cake and then ride back".

"Normal people believe that if it ain't broken, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain't broken, it doesn't have enough features yet."

" I We're Ridin so Fast , I we're sucking Rabbits from the Hedges "   {Guy Martin}

#15 OF.uk

OF.uk

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 28 March 2008 - 11:18 pm

We were originally going to let our house out here and teach English to adults in Hungary but have now decided to sell up which will give us some cash to tide us over until we settle on what we want to do. We've got a few ideas to try and certainly won't be putting all our eggs in one basket or working for anyone else. We will try and be as self sufficient as possible. It was very easy to get an English teaching job with no experience, they are always looking for native speakers.Paul.
QUOTE(Hartside Man @ Fri 28th Mar 2008, 10:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey Paul Best wishes to you all on your new venture good.gif Although your choice of transport is "Crap" rotflmmfao.gif .only Kidding mate I hope it all works out for you clapping.gif
Thanks Mark rolleyes.gif . I know the Lada's crap but they are cheap and extremely capable off road. BTW I trailed all the way to Durham today only to walk away form the Niva I'd won on ebay. It was extremely grubby and had an engine warning light that wouldn't go out. Off to look at another one tomorrow though huh.gif .

#16 Guinness

Guinness

has been here 4ever

• 1,657 posts
  • TDM model: 2005

Posted 03 April 2008 - 10:12 pm

QUOTE(OF.uk @ Thu 27th Mar 2008, 01:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
-//- We'll have room to put people up and it would be good to speak to someone in English.-//-
dont be so hard on amErica, her english is great

have a good one! and dont be a stranger.. we'll try to return the favor smile.gif

I'm an insomniac agnostic dyslexic. I lay awake at night and wonder if there really is a dog.

yamaha : xv535/92-92 | red TDM850/92-05 | silver TDM900A/05-

get them here

#17 endo

endo

Carpe fan

• Pip
  • 170 posts
  • TDM model: 2004

Posted 03 April 2008 - 10:26 pm

Hope everything works out for you. It must be a hard thing to sell up and move to a foreign country

All the best

Endo

#18 DeeDee

DeeDee

Carpe Regular

• Pip
  • 142 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 07:48 am

Paul,

all the best for the future - I know we never met but maybe one day we will.
I'll be in "The Valley" later on in the year to visit the "in-laws" at Higher Cloughold.

I'll have one in the Red Lion for you!

chin chin

Glynn
Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical, liberal minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

- Some brilliant bastard

#19 OF.uk

OF.uk

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 20 April 2008 - 11:41 pm

Thanks all.
I'm getting married on Saturday...gulp!!!!
Our house is nearly sold...gulp gulp!!!!!
We'll be off soon....more gulps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#20 Hartside Man

Hartside Man

Old Moaning Git !!

• RTT manager(RTT)
  • 3,247 posts
  • Location:On Hartside more often than not ! But Live in Carlisle UK

Posted 21 April 2008 - 06:18 pm

QUOTE(OF.uk @ Sun 20th Apr 2008, 11:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks all.
I'm getting married on Saturday...gulp!!!!
Our house is nearly sold...gulp gulp!!!!!
We'll be off soon....more gulps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Busy time mate good.gif

don't be a stranger I am sure the internet lives in hoongarry yahoo.gif

I will have a drinks.gif for ya on sat to celebrate the union clapping.gif

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I have a Ghost S and i'm not afraid to use it !

A Beast in Orange Called KaTie eM 

"Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul".

"So you just ride somewhere, eat cake and then ride back".

"Normal people believe that if it ain't broken, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain't broken, it doesn't have enough features yet."

" I We're Ridin so Fast , I we're sucking Rabbits from the Hedges "   {Guy Martin}

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users