#21 drewpy

drewpy

has been here 4ever

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,758 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 20 May 2018 - 08:47 pm

:cool: what's the grey paint you used drew ! and did you clearcoat on the front, i have a grey can of el grigio which was made up for a past member (Rip Charlie) which is at an end at your grey looks quite similar on the photo..

Nice job btw, that's blingin :cool: :cool:

its a Halfrauds engine paint, it has flecks of metal in it
http://www.halfords....lic-black-300mlsays black but its grey.
I clear coated it afterwards in a shiny gloss. going to try 2k clear on the rear wheel

"As I Lay Rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I skid and begin to slide, please dear god protect my ride"

Mods; Oil pressure switch, neoprene rear inner mudguard, scottoiler, highway pegs,  fenda extenda, 1999 carbs and airbox, Kais suspension setup, later clutch springs, LED lamps, Metmachex swingarm, Hagon Shock, Oxford heated grips, 4 way fused accessory Bus, 17" 3CV front wheel, Michellin R6 tyres, GPS speedo, 5' ignition advance.

#22 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• 10,745 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 20 May 2018 - 09:03 pm

Cheers looks like it'll do nicely :good:

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#23 drewpy

drewpy

has been here 4ever

• 1,758 posts

Posted 20 May 2018 - 09:06 pm

Cheers looks like it'll do nicely :good:

i did bake it in my works oven for 10 mins at 200'c. Cures the paint rock hard

"As I Lay Rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I skid and begin to slide, please dear god protect my ride"

Mods; Oil pressure switch, neoprene rear inner mudguard, scottoiler, highway pegs,  fenda extenda, 1999 carbs and airbox, Kais suspension setup, later clutch springs, LED lamps, Metmachex swingarm, Hagon Shock, Oxford heated grips, 4 way fused accessory Bus, 17" 3CV front wheel, Michellin R6 tyres, GPS speedo, 5' ignition advance.

#24 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• 10,745 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 21 May 2018 - 10:15 am

Very nice,think i'll have to manage with an air dry in the garden :)

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#25 richierex

richierex

Carpe fan

• Pip
  • 166 posts
  • TDM model: 1997

Posted 22 May 2018 - 06:52 pm

I did the 17 inch mod and used a Thundercat wheel. Everything fitted except the right hand spacer which needed stepping down in a lathe, or fit a Exup spacer which fits. Yes Sir it does. Everything else was standard. Have you changed the Speedo head as it will be out by a bit. I fitted an Exup Speedo head, very easy, just need a small part filing off, its self explanatory when you do it, I also reset it to zero miles whike i was in there. R1 blue spots and 14mm master cylinder finished the job off.

next is an Exup alloy swingarm and wheel with a 180 tyre.

Oh and its normal not to coat or paint the disc mounting faces, paint or powder can soften and then your discs will be loose.

Edited by richierex, 22 May 2018 - 06:54 pm.

#26 drewpy

drewpy

has been here 4ever

• 1,758 posts

Posted 22 May 2018 - 08:55 pm

I did the 17 inch mod and used a Thundercat wheel. Everything fitted except the right hand spacer which needed stepping down in a lathe, or fit a Exup spacer which fits. Yes Sir it does. Everything else was standard. Have you changed the Speedo head as it will be out by a bit. I fitted an Exup Speedo head, very easy, just need a small part filing off, its self explanatory when you do it, I also reset it to zero miles whike i was in there. R1 blue spots and 14mm master cylinder finished the job off.

next is an Exup alloy swingarm and wheel with a 180 tyre.

Oh and its normal not to coat or paint the disc mounting faces, paint or powder can soften and then your discs will be loose.

what do you mean by speedo head? the drive or the dial?

I'm going to take off the paint when I fit my new disk, your not the only one to mention it

cheers
Drewps

#27 drewpy

drewpy

has been here 4ever

• 1,758 posts

Posted 29 May 2018 - 04:10 pm

at last, its finished

IAC3J4c.jpg

dObGUJS.jpg

t0OJYEo.jpg

now the bike won't start, I suspect spark plugs, so got a set to fit tomorrow

Edited by drewpy, 29 May 2018 - 04:10 pm.

#28 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,211 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 29 May 2018 - 05:36 pm

:cool:

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#29 ypvs350

ypvs350

discovering Carpe

• 10 posts
  • TDM model: none yet

Posted 12 July 2018 - 03:26 pm

Very nice  :good: but can I have your swinging arm please  :)  :)  ;)

#30 richierex

richierex

Carpe fan

• Pip
  • 166 posts

Posted 12 July 2018 - 06:43 pm

what do you mean by speedo head? the drive or the dial?

I'm going to take off the paint when I fit my new disk, your not the only one to mention it

cheers
Drewps

The speedometer will be out due to the different rolling radius of the tyres and its fasterr by quite a bit. I fiited an Exup Speedometer into the standard clock housing. Now its spot on, same tyre size as an Exup you see. Edited as I got it the wrong way round

Edited by richierex, 14 July 2018 - 11:09 pm.

#31 drewpy

drewpy

has been here 4ever

• 1,758 posts

Posted 14 July 2018 - 08:46 pm

The speedometer will be out due to the different rolling radius of the tyres and its slower by quite a bit. I fiited an Exup Speedometer into the standard clock housing. Now its spot on, same tyre size as an Exup you see

1000cc exup? my speed reads too high ATM

#32 richierex

richierex

Carpe fan

• Pip
  • 166 posts

Posted 14 July 2018 - 11:08 pm

Yeah because the 17 inch wheel has a smaller rolling radius. I used a speedo from a FZR1000 exup because its cable drive and fits the original housing with only a tiny amount removed, takes two minutes

#33 drewpy

drewpy

has been here 4ever

• 1,758 posts

Posted 15 July 2018 - 02:16 pm

Yeah because the 17 inch wheel has a smaller rolling radius. I used a speedo from a FZR1000 exup because its cable drive and fits the original housing with only a tiny amount removed, takes two minutes

thanks, I'll look into getting one

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users