• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#21 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

is it Jizzy Rascal time yet.....?

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 28 June 2018 - 02:30 pm

I will have a go at loading some pics but may have to wait until Im home to use the computer instead of the iPhone
Also they will probably be on their side...... a bit like the bike at the moment....

:rotflmmfao:  :good:  :badgerrock:   If ya get stuck ya can WhatsApp them to me and oil load em' up fer yas loike.

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

I loike tay and hang sangwiches !

www.kenhogantreeservices.co.uk

http://s33.photobuck...77/wickla/?sc=6

http://reg.imageshack.us/v_images.php

post-1-1150550733.gifpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#22 rostyle

rostyle

seems to like Carpe

• 72 posts
  • TDM model: 2006

Posted 28 June 2018 - 06:54 pm

heres a few pics ....hopefully of the corrosion

The connector blocks are after i spent  a long time with a wire brush and electrical cleaner getting them to this level

also the exhaust flange looks like it has either corroded or been snapped off at some point

Attached Files

#23 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• 10,747 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 28 June 2018 - 08:08 pm

Hard to see from the pic maybe but to my eye they dont look so bad, my previous suggestion may well bling them up !!

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#24 rostyle

rostyle

seems to like Carpe

• 72 posts

Posted 28 June 2018 - 08:37 pm

Yep you're right it don't look too bad in this pic..I did try to send 9 pics but only does one at a time so it would seem!

Deffo will try your suggestion of the vinegar cocktail though

may as well attach another pic too

Attached Files

#25 fixitsan

fixitsan

Carpe Citizen

• 4,671 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 28 June 2018 - 10:59 pm

Yep you're right it don't look too bad in this pic..I did try to send 9 pics but only does one at a time so it would seem!

Deffo will try your suggestion of the vinegar cocktail though

may as well attach another pic too

That's quite a bit of corrosion !

900 with better bits. Owes me nothing, Makes me smile

#26 rostyle

rostyle

seems to like Carpe

• 72 posts

Posted 29 June 2018 - 05:49 am

Yes, unfortunately the more I get into the bike the more I find..!

#27 Nog

Nog

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 29 June 2018 - 08:17 am

Looks like it could do with a good strip down and clean.  It's all surface but pretty bad, probably all that sea air getting to it over the years I guess.

Amazed if the cold start mechanism works properly with all that going on.  It can be brought back fairly easily, would just need you to spend around a weekend getting into it and cleaning everything up.

#28 dablik

dablik

• 10,747 posts

Posted 29 June 2018 - 08:19 am

Oh crikey i see what you mean, that's a more telling picture, although i'm confident you can clean the connectors up the rest is going to take some elbow grease,

in fact Ros if you have to you can seperate the pins from the connectors for a much more thorough soak matey..

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#29 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,114 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 29 June 2018 - 09:54 am

No paint under the 9er tank is standard... Poor finish!

My vote is go.
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#30 fixitsan

fixitsan

Carpe Citizen

• 4,671 posts

Posted 29 June 2018 - 10:30 am

Maybe bid hard for AliG's old bike currently on ebay, put your nice black bodywork onto his bike, and you won't lose much at all when you sell your bike with his bodywork

https://www.ebay.co....119.m1438.l2649

Edited by fixitsan, 29 June 2018 - 10:31 am.

#31 dablik

dablik

• 10,747 posts

Posted 29 June 2018 - 10:34 am

Maybe bid hard for AliG's old bike currently on ebay, put your nice black bodywork onto his bike, and you won't lose much at all when you sell your bike with his bodywork

This is a good idea if you cant deal with all the drudgery of sorting your current bike, AliG is no stranger to TDM's and he's straight.

#32 rostyle

rostyle

seems to like Carpe

• 72 posts

Posted 29 June 2018 - 11:06 am

Funny as I have that bike on my eBay watch list!
I’ve got a feeling it’s going to go over my budget but will keep my finger ready as it ends tonight.

I feel I’m going to put it up for spares as there are some good bits....!

Any idea what it may be worth as a whole?

If not I may have to go down the ‘break it for spares’ route......

#33 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,114 posts

Posted 29 June 2018 - 11:49 am

The fact that you want it for a euro trip and they are very very cheap, it makes sense to get summat your are happy with and have some time to fine tune rather than a complete restoration project.

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#34 fixitsan

fixitsan

Carpe Citizen

• 4,671 posts

Posted 29 June 2018 - 11:51 am

Funny as I have that bike on my eBay watch list!
I’ve got a feeling it’s going to go over my budget but will keep my finger ready as it ends tonight.

I feel I’m going to put it up for spares as there are some good bits....!

Any idea what it may be worth as a whole?

If not I may have to go down the ‘break it for spares’ route......

It's got a full MOT, you've sorted the rear brake, found a few wiring problems and now presumably it's running and riding well, you just don't like the condition under the tank ? So......I can't see why you won't get £1000 back, or close to it

#35 Nog

Nog

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 29 June 2018 - 02:12 pm

It's got a full MOT, you've sorted the rear brake, found a few wiring problems and now presumably it's running and riding well, you just don't like the condition under the tank ? So......I can't see why you won't get £1000 back, or close to it

Yeah would sell easily.  Would be a shame to break when it's effectively a working bike just with a little cleaning up work needed.

#36 rostyle

rostyle

seems to like Carpe

• 72 posts

Posted 29 June 2018 - 02:20 pm

Well I am certainly open to offers to anyone that wants to take it on..

I really don’t have the time or space to get involved with further stripping and replen

#37 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

is it Jizzy Rascal time yet.....?

• 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 30 June 2018 - 10:16 am

wow Ali is 76! Thas alorra boike and accessories for the money,  conversely it made a good price at auction so winner winner badger dinner fer all concerned.  Rostyle it's difficult to advise you with regards to yer current 900 but if ya have the money to buy a 'better one' (like AliG's fer example) and sell on what ya already have then that may be a better option.

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

I loike tay and hang sangwiches !

www.kenhogantreeservices.co.uk

http://s33.photobuck...77/wickla/?sc=6

http://reg.imageshack.us/v_images.php

post-1-1150550733.gifpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#38 rostyle

rostyle

seems to like Carpe

• 72 posts

Posted 30 June 2018 - 01:28 pm

I missed the chance of bidding last minute on AliG's 9'er as had important duties to carry out at the time................Dad Taxi duties!!!

It would be great to find a bashed bike thats mechanically sound to swap all the shiny  bits over to.

Still trying to dig my way through the electrics and struggling with the wiring diagram i have as its not a very good clear copy and I'm not too clever on electrics..

Does anyone have a link to a circuit diagram for a 2003 model? even if i don't keep the bike it would be good to sell with indicators working.

#39 JBX

JBX

full o shoite

• RTT manager(RTT)
  • 2,206 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 30 June 2018 - 02:39 pm

Don't tell me this is a bike, it looks more like a recovered WWII submarine wreck...   :blink:

top_640.png

#40 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,114 posts

Posted 30 June 2018 - 02:45 pm

Portsmouth.....Mary rose ... Coincidence?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users