• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 WinstonSmith

WinstonSmith

discovering Carpe

• 18 posts
  • TDM model: 1998

Posted 22 May 2019 - 09:45 am

Ok guys, I need some help/advice with acquiring parts please.
I did come across some of the info a while back but can't seem to find it now. The bike is a 97/98 850 4tx.

HT leads - mine are arcing badly every time it rains and I'm getting sick of the bike trying to kill me in the rain. I know there are quick fixes but I want to put some pukker ones on.

Throttle cables - mines at the end of it's adjustment and still has too much play (was well over 10mm play at the grip when I got the bike)

Carb refurb kit - bike's running rich and carbs well out of balance, and choke doesn't work. So I'll need whatever kit(s) necessary to sort both carbs.

Valve shims - later in the year I'll be doing the valve clearances, so don't need shims yet, but I thought I'd mention it while I remember.

If anyone can advise good quality and value products and suppliers it would be gratefully received.

Lastly, if anyone here can post or send photos of the under seat wiring it would be a huge help - the tail-light is on constant with the ignition on and someone's been messing about with the wiring there ( possibly the heated grips feed? and looks like a tail for a trickle charger in there) I'll post a pic when I can. There's also what I think is a fuse in a plastic box which dangles down near the rear shock which I will relocate when I know what it's for.
As you can probably guess, I'm not too hot on electrics and Haynes manual isn't helpful here, so any help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

#2 TKH

TKH

full o shoite

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,199 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 22 May 2019 - 02:55 pm

I'm not an 850 rider but the JBX site has a lot of valuable hints tips and manuals:

https://www.tdm-yama...ex.php?page=CS1

#3 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,735 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 22 May 2019 - 02:56 pm

HT leads you can buy from Magnecor, need to phone but are very helpful.

Throttle cables Wemoto or Evilbay

Carb refurb kit Litetek for seals (Viton) or Nrp, Kedo as well.

Shim's Ebay usually produces cheapest !!

Cant help with the wiring on a mk2 but it should all run along the right side of the frame i believe.

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users