• 3,251 posts
  • Location:Usually in a Hospital somewhere in the Birmingham area
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 12 January 2012 - 11:24 am

QUOTE(TonyDevil @ Thu 12th Jan 2012, 10:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
standard workmen style over trousers
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/150687784284

the jacket is a specific model of ex-police
its the one with the 4 radio clips, adjustable cuffs and that does up high around the neck
cant find any on ebay at the moment, will keep an eye out for one
this is the guy i bought mine from http://stores.ebay.c...Police-Box-Shop

Try here lots of choices good.gif

For a challenging summer try the

Round Britain Rally.....  

1993 TDM 850 Mk1 ..... 2008 TDM 900 ....  1975, 1979, 1982, 1992 Goldwings, Scott, AJS,  Triumph 5TA

#22 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,211 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 12 January 2012 - 12:19 pm

I seem to get more cars pulling to the left to let me pass when I'm wearing my white helmet, compared to when I'm wearing my black helmet smile.gif
I'm thinkin' all they can really see of me, through their mirror (cos I'm a normal sized fella in the real world smile.gif ) is the bikes headlight and my helmet.

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#23 Kang

Kang

Carpe junky

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • TDM model: 2004

Posted 13 January 2012 - 11:53 pm

Twice this week I have nearly been written off, the F**kers just do not look. Hi-vis means that when you crippled on the side of the road, you can say to the emergency services "how did he not see me".
It takes Two to Lie Marge, One to Lie and One to Listen

#24 JBX

JBX

full o shoite

• RTT manager(RTT)
  • 2,206 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 23 March 2012 - 11:13 pm

The french administration explained that hi-vis reflective thingies on clothes are intended to reduce over-accident when the biker is lying on the ground after a crash.

At this time nobody knows how this will be done - armbands, on the back of the jacket, on the pants... no clue !
One may point there are already reflective stickers on the crash helmets, but the french administration is deaf, blind & nuts.

Once again, nobody can understand why bikes up to 125cc are exempted from this rule although they make the most part of two wheels vehicles.

Edited by JBX, 23 March 2012 - 11:14 pm.

top_640.png

#25 fatchap

fatchap

needs a 2nd hobby

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts
  • Location:Sunny Blackpool The FORMER home of Premier League Football
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 23 March 2012 - 11:25 pm

QUOTE(sidestand @ Tue 10th Jan 2012, 09:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
rotflmmfao.gif

Wonder if they have to use these as well ?? laugh.gif

Do you have to wear one to ride a motorbike in Barcelona, or am I missing something?

#26 muddy

muddy

full o shoite

• 2,973 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 24 March 2012 - 10:57 am

I think the French will get much better results if they do something about 'French trains' & introduce the 2 second rule as a minimum.

Blue 04 TDM,PR2 rear Roadsmart front, Yamaha topox, Givi E360 panniers, PL pannier holders, BMW handguards, Yamaha touring screen, Scottoiler, 12v ciggie socket, carbon core HT leads

Gorn :sorry:

#27 graeme

graeme

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • TDM model: 2009

Posted 28 May 2012 - 10:42 am

QUOTE(Studley Ramrod @ Thu 12th Jan 2012, 10:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I seem to get more cars pulling to the left to let me pass when I'm wearing my white helmet, compared to when I'm wearing my black helmet smile.gif
I'm thinkin' all they can really see of me, through their mirror (cos I'm a normal sized fella in the real world smile.gif ) is the bikes headlight and my helmet.

There is a lot of truth in that SR. I wear a white helmet because it reflects the sun better but I know, with some certainty, that the white helmet draws peoples attention almost as much as a blue light. Speaking of which, TDM has the running light at front and I put an LED in 2years ago that has worked faultlessly and has that blue tinge to it. That and the helmet work well together.
Graeme

#28 stu

stu

full o shoite

• 2,060 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 12:43 pm

QUOTE(graeme @ Mon 28th May 2012, 11:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There is a lot of truth in that SR. I wear a white helmet because it reflects the sun better but I know, with some certainty, that the white helmet draws peoples attention almost as much as a blue light. Speaking of which, TDM has the running light at front and I put an LED in 2years ago that has worked faultlessly and has that blue tinge to it. That and the helmet work well together.
Graeme

If you've run it for two years with it always on, how do you know what the effect would be with it off?

I used to feel I got a similar effect with a white lid, but oddly it wasn't happening during a run through Belgium. In discussion later, it turns out that Belgian bike cops wear red lids smile.gif

Stu

#29 graeme

graeme

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • TDM model: 2009

Posted 29 May 2012 - 12:09 pm

QUOTE(stu @ Mon 28th May 2012, 10:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If you've run it for two years with it always on, how do you know what the effect would be with it off?

I used to feel I got a similar effect with a white lid, but oddly it wasn't happening during a run through Belgium. In discussion later, it turns out that Belgian bike cops wear red lids smile.gif

Its not the only bike I ride. I didnt know this until it was pointed out but led's look intensely bright from a long way off, they do have an effect.
Also, a fairing of any sort. Combine with white helmet and you have an effective package.
Graeme

#30 MattG

MattG

Carpe Regular

• Pip
  • 108 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 09:26 am

I have a mainly white helmet, LED running light and Blueish driving lights mounted on the engine bars - People seem to notice me!

I also work for the ambulance service and can tell you that I have people pull out on me when I have the blues on and most drivers only look in their rear view mirror once every three minutes or so!

#31 SteveK

SteveK

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 664 posts
  • TDM model: 2005

Posted 04 June 2012 - 08:39 am

QUOTE(maximuspetrolhead @ Tue 10th Jan 2012, 12:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So this stupid frigging law has already been passed in Ireland and France, WTF???

Just come back from France (amongst other countries) and the only people with high viz clothing was 'foreign ' bikers like me. They may well have passed the law but they dont seem to enforce it. Like using mobile phones in cars in the UK!

Steve K
Full Givi luggage, MRA flip screen with German import top blade, Garmin sat nav, LED running lights, heated grips, Fender extender.
Follow my 2013 Pyrenees tour on http://pyreneestdm.tumblr.com

#32 Manx1200

Manx1200

has been here 4ever

• 1,040 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 04 June 2012 - 05:15 pm

QUOTE(SteveK @ Mon 4th Jun 2012, 09:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just come back from France (amongst other countries) and the only people with high viz clothing was 'foreign ' bikers like me. They may well have passed the law but they dont seem to enforce it. Like using mobile phones in cars in the UK!

Steve K

Don't think it becomes law until next year.

MotoGuzzi Norge 1200GT. for Euro touring
Triumph Street Triple. For those hooligan moments......
Beta Alp 200. For falling off In muddy bits.
I suffer from C.D.O. It's like O.C.D. but all the letters are in the correct order, just as they should be.

banner1.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users