57 replies to this topic

#1 paulb

paulb

Carpe Addict

• PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 29 March 2007 - 01:19 am

MY BMW WAS STOLEN FROM MY SHED TONIGHT AND THE CHEEKY BASTARDS HAVE CHAINED ENDOS TDM WITH ONE OF MY CHAINS AND TAKEN TEH KEY. IVE BARRACKADED THE BIKE INTO THE REAR YARD WITH OUR MOTORHOME WHICH HAS A FLAT BATTER SO ITS GOING NOWHERE, HOWEVER IF ANY OF YOU GET WIND OF ANYONE STUPID ENOUGH TO RIDE ROUND ON A BLACK 1200S BMW THAT LOOKS LIKE MINE IN THE POST I WROTE LAST WEEK, NAMELY ALL BLACK WITH BLACK ROCKER COVERS BLACK WHEELS FULL AKRAPOVIC EXHAUST CARBON HUGGER AND BLACK TAIL LIGHT (PAINTED), PLEASE INFROM POLICE

I AM TOTALLY GUTTED AND DONT EXPECT TO SEE IT, BUT IF ANYONE OUT THERE IS STUPID ENOUGH TO RIDE TEH BIKE THEY BETTER BE BLOODY QUICK RIDERDS IF I SEE THEM.

PLEASE GUYS PASS THE WORD IF YOU CAN, ESPECIALLY IF YOU GET TO MEETS ETC.
PICS OF THE BIKE ARE IN MY POST ABOUT THE 1200S

REG NUMBER YD56UNU

http://www.carpe-tdm...?showtopic=3601

Edited by paulb, 29 March 2007 - 01:22 am.

PB

Honda CBR1100 xxx
BMW R1150 GSA se 2005
Yamaha WR450f

#2 Pict

Pict

Keep on keepin' on

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,257 posts
  • TDM model: 2006

Posted 29 March 2007 - 06:52 am

ohmy.gif blink.gif ranting.gif ranting.gif

What a load of unwarranted crap!!
Hope Fate is kind, especially to the point where you catch up with the b******s, though they'll doubtless try to shift the bike quickly.
Would it be worth calling the big Northern dealers like Rivington Barn, say, to ask them to keep an eye out (esp. to quietly collect any callers' addresses/phone numbers)?

Edited by Pict, 29 March 2007 - 06:56 am.

Dinotrike.jpg "It's a TDM, Jim, but not as we know it"

www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAHmEWim3to

Diamond black TDM 900A TRIKE, 2006 ABS model converted by Trike Design (Caerphilly, South Wales) prior to first registration in March 2007.

#3 Matlock

Matlock

Carpe Citizen

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 3,913 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 29 March 2007 - 08:29 am

Gutted for you Paul. Will of course keep an eye out for it and I'll post the details on some other biker forums I frequent. On the plus side, it's such a distinctive bike you've probably got more chance than most of seeing it again. Whereabouts in northern UK are you?

2002 TDM900 in glorious yellowNOW SOLD  :( 

2012 Honda Crosstourer VFR1200X. Hyperspeed tourer.

1990 XTZ750 in black, standard apart from Micron silencer. Mechanical restoration complete, cosmetic restoration next on the agenda.. NOW SOLD  :( 

Follow me on twitter

#4 2wheeler

2wheeler

sticking around

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • TDM model: 2000

Posted 29 March 2007 - 08:37 am

QUOTE(paulb @ Thu 29th Mar 2007, 01:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
MY BMW WAS STOLEN FROM MY SHED TONIGHT

Details noted. Will keep an eye open for it. Good luck.

#5 Pict

Pict

Keep on keepin' on

• 6,257 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 08:47 am

Paul:
This site is a bit neglected-looking, but has other links such as this one which may help you spread the news?
Since it's unwise to reveal phone numbers, is it best just to post any news to Carpe? Will that be fast enough?
Further thoughts - is there a dealer news network / registry on stolen bikes? And could the BMF help?

Edited by Pict, 29 March 2007 - 08:54 am.

Diamond black TDM 900A TRIKE, 2006 ABS model converted by Trike Design (Caerphilly, South Wales) prior to first registration in March 2007.

#6 Pict

Pict

Keep on keepin' on

• 6,257 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 09:14 am

Paul:

Probably a useless move since I don't even know where you are, but just to feel I'd done something, I called Rivington Barn to see if there's a registry that dealers would use to check for stolen bikes, that you could enter yours onto. Nice guy (Chris) answered that there isn't, but he took a note of your bike reg.and my phone no. and will call me if it should show up

Should start a new thread on this one.

#7 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

seagull squadron leader & founding member of GoatTracKrew

• 9,336 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 29 March 2007 - 10:05 am

awww man that really sucks huh.gif .....you being so kind and then this shit happens sad.gif

"Never argue with an idiot. They just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"
My TDM :
Black 1991 850 MK1, 160k+ miles(ish, best guess really, gave up trying to keep count after 3rd set of clocks and 3rd engine), PilotRoad2 tyres, custom stubby exhaust system, bluespot calipers & goodridge braided hoses with dunlopads, maxton forks, Ohlins shock, kedo handguards, stainless TDM grill, Scottoiler with lubetube & dual nozzle thingy, Givi Wingrack2 with E45 & 2xE36s, renntec crash bars, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider2, Optimate IIIsp, Bagster tank cover, anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led spotlights, heated grips, new braided lines and rear caliper that actually has bleed nipples
Silver-ish 2003 900, 70k miles, PilotRoad3 front tyre (new@65k) & PR2 rear(new at 69k), Renthal 755 bars with KTM handguards, oxford unheated grips, power commander 3usb, scorpion titanium exhausts, standard screen with vario winglet thingy, stainless grill, oem centre stand, bagster tank cover, givi monokey topplate mounted on grabrail with V46 topbox, Givi PL pannier rails with E21s, crash bungs, mirror extender thingys, Halfords Advanced Laser Blue brillance bulbs, 21w led spotlights, touring scottoiler with leehenty dual nozzle, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider3 Urban, winter style anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led brake light strip, replacement heated grips

current rides : TDM850 3vd/mk1=tourer&scratcher, TRX850=weekend twisty toy, 2003 TDM900=commuter, 2005 
TDM900=unmolested.  Gone but not forgotton : XTZ750=overland touring toy, GS500e, GS125
If a strange looking truck driver honks at you & gives you the thumbs up, its could be me  :good:

#8 paulb

paulb

Carpe Addict

• PipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 10:08 am

Thanks guys
Ive been onto most local dealers / breakers / mcn / mates, internet forums etc. I cant see anyone being stupid enough to ride the bike but who knows. The police are saying its a proffessional "order" job, as firstly im so far away from any other habitation of note and secondly because they came after just that bike.
I live near skipton in the yorks dales, nearer to gargrave on the a65.

Im not naive, this thing is very very likely to disappear completely and its a heart breaker. The police reckon they locked up the other bike to stop me chasing the scrotes, which is frankly a good move because i would have killed them if i'd seen them.
PB

Honda CBR1100 xxx
BMW R1150 GSA se 2005
Yamaha WR450f

#9 cyco900

cyco900

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 10:50 am

Just been reading about all these misshaps.
Endo, hope your not to bad mate, I realy do know what a broken knee is like and it aint nice. good luck with it and keep the knittin needles outa the plaster when its itching rotflmmfao.gif

paulb, what a complete load of shites!!! I will post your bikes details on the 'bikerwales' web site and contact my club (based in midlands) to keep an eye/ear out for anything being offered.

Other than that it sounds like you all had a good day, it would have been good to join you.
Boring Old Fartz mcc / Diflas Hen Rhech - the PARTY club
[b]Now 03 TDM900 and Honda 450 Cafe Racer - previous bikes:- 97 virago535 -Triumph Trophy900- TDM850Mk1- Honda VF750F- Honda CB350K4- Honda CB650F chop- Suzuki 100- Honda CB900F x2 -Honda CB250 Dream -Kawasaki K400 -Honda CB650F Chop- Honda CB750K2- Kawasaki Z1000- HD Sportster1000- Triumph 500t- Honda 400/4- TriBsa 650- BSA C15- Triumph Speedtwin combo -BSA B33 chop- BSA A65 -BSA A10 chop- Ariel Golden Arrow- BSA Bantam- Francis Barnet- NSU Quickly. think thats the lot?
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
bunny hoppin

Sign by Dealighted - Coupons & Discount Shopping

#10 Pict

Pict

Keep on keepin' on

• 6,257 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 11:08 am

Worth broadcasting a lookout for unusual bits like black powdercoated components (ref. Paul's membership file), Ohlins, Akra systems etc.? Doubtless the plates will be changed, but do you have engine and frame nos, Paul?
Also if it's a customised job, maybe the new owner(s) will be a) innocent of the bike's history but b) a member of a BMW owners club, so worth broadcasting the numbers?
Sorry if this is daft - just brainstorming ideas.

Edited by Pict, 29 March 2007 - 11:09 am.

#11 Guest_jude_*

Guest_jude_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 March 2007 - 11:56 am

Bloody hell...thats a kick in the balls and after all your good deeds with endo too...I hope they are caught and delt with soon.
I will keep my eyes and ears open for you

#12 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

• 9,336 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 12:23 pm

might be worth keeping an eye on ebay parts
could always arrange to go and 'collect' them....with a couple of burly mates to help with the lifting of course wink.gif

"Never argue with an idiot. They just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"
My TDM :
Black 1991 850 MK1, 160k+ miles(ish, best guess really, gave up trying to keep count after 3rd set of clocks and 3rd engine), PilotRoad2 tyres, custom stubby exhaust system, bluespot calipers & goodridge braided hoses with dunlopads, maxton forks, Ohlins shock, kedo handguards, stainless TDM grill, Scottoiler with lubetube & dual nozzle thingy, Givi Wingrack2 with E45 & 2xE36s, renntec crash bars, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider2, Optimate IIIsp, Bagster tank cover, anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led spotlights, heated grips, new braided lines and rear caliper that actually has bleed nipples
Silver-ish 2003 900, 70k miles, PilotRoad3 front tyre (new@65k) & PR2 rear(new at 69k), Renthal 755 bars with KTM handguards, oxford unheated grips, power commander 3usb, scorpion titanium exhausts, standard screen with vario winglet thingy, stainless grill, oem centre stand, bagster tank cover, givi monokey topplate mounted on grabrail with V46 topbox, Givi PL pannier rails with E21s, crash bungs, mirror extender thingys, Halfords Advanced Laser Blue brillance bulbs, 21w led spotlights, touring scottoiler with leehenty dual nozzle, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider3 Urban, winter style anti-dazzle coating

current rides : TDM850 3vd/mk1=tourer&scratcher, TRX850=weekend twisty toy, 2003 TDM900=commuter, 2005 
TDM900=unmolested.  Gone but not forgotton : XTZ750=overland touring toy, GS500e, GS125
If a strange looking truck driver honks at you & gives you the thumbs up, its could be me  :good:

#13 paulb

paulb

Carpe Addict

• PipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 09:15 pm

Frame number is WB10366077ZP49320
ehgine number 31066095

LOTS of avenues being covered by some very good friends and some other types.

Thanks for your support.
The bike will very unlikely be split because theres not a second hand main parts market, its too new and we dont think whichever shitbag took it knows about it enough of they wouldnt have bothered.

I hope very sincerely that someone slips up.
PB

Honda CBR1100 xxx
BMW R1150 GSA se 2005
Yamaha WR450f

#14 Pict

Pict

Keep on keepin' on

• 6,257 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 09:42 pm

QUOTE(paulb @ Thu 29th Mar 2007, 10:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Don't we all!! evillaff.gif mad.gif ranting.gif

#15 Hartside Man

Hartside Man

Old Moaning Git !!

• RTT manager(RTT)
  • 3,247 posts
  • Location:On Hartside more often than not ! But Live in Carlisle UK

Posted 30 March 2007 - 11:35 am

QUOTE(paulb @ Thu 29th Mar 2007, 09:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ehgine number 31066095

Thanks for your support.
The bike will very unlikely be split because theres not a second hand main parts market, its too new and we dont think whichever shitbag took it knows about it enough of they wouldnt have bothered.

FOOKING HELL I'm gutted for you mate.

I will of course have my eyes peeled (and those of my mates)

I sincerely hope these scumbags (no other description really) get caught red handed by a gang of decnt sized bikers.

the fucking cheek they have to steal anything not belonging to them, really makes my blood boil.

here's hoping they are caught soon.

best of luck paul .

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I have a Ghost S and i'm not afraid to use it !

A Beast in Orange Called KaTie eM 

"Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul".

"So you just ride somewhere, eat cake and then ride back".

"Normal people believe that if it ain't broken, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain't broken, it doesn't have enough features yet."

" I We're Ridin so Fast , I we're sucking Rabbits from the Hedges "   {Guy Martin}

#16 Pict

Pict

Keep on keepin' on

• 6,257 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 01:00 pm

QUOTE(paulb @ Thu 29th Mar 2007, 10:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ehgine number 31066095

Thanks for your support.

The main challenge is to be prepared to keep alert for quite a while - they may lie low till they think the heat has died down.

Again, there should be a separate Carpe thread on this theme, else it will get buried in the undergrowth under the present title. Would be good if some pix could be posted centrally, with a note of the frame and engine numbers close by (attached as a caption?) for quick access.

Have you contacted any owners forums (sorry Thomas, fora) or other BM-related sites, Paul?

Edited by Pict, 30 March 2007 - 01:08 pm.

#17 Matlock

Matlock

Carpe Citizen

• 3,913 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 02:23 pm

I see you've got it on MCN's website too Paul. With this amount of publicity you've got to be in with a chance of recovering it. Pict your idea of a seperate thread is a good one, although one we hopefully won't have to use again for a very long time.

2002 TDM900 in glorious yellowNOW SOLD  :( 

2012 Honda Crosstourer VFR1200X. Hyperspeed tourer.

1990 XTZ750 in black, standard apart from Micron silencer. Mechanical restoration complete, cosmetic restoration next on the agenda.. NOW SOLD  :( 

Follow me on twitter

#18 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

• 9,336 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 02:34 pm

split from here as requested

if the little scrote that nicked it is watching the biking press he's probably crapping himself
it'll be too hot to shift for a while.....

if your a member of MAG or BMF prob worth notifying them too, the often do dealer ringrounds etc to chase up stolen vehicles

My TDM :

#19 cyco900

cyco900

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 03:15 pm

paul, I have posted on the bikerwales site also in the Boring Old Fartz guest book as a lot of people go there and have also requested its insertion in RPM Magazine, its a biker mag around the Midlands area.
Lets hope some good luck comes your way now mate.
Boring Old Fartz mcc / Diflas Hen Rhech - the PARTY club
[b]Now 03 TDM900 and Honda 450 Cafe Racer - previous bikes:- 97 virago535 -Triumph Trophy900- TDM850Mk1- Honda VF750F- Honda CB350K4- Honda CB650F chop- Suzuki 100- Honda CB900F x2 -Honda CB250 Dream -Kawasaki K400 -Honda CB650F Chop- Honda CB750K2- Kawasaki Z1000- HD Sportster1000- Triumph 500t- Honda 400/4- TriBsa 650- BSA C15- Triumph Speedtwin combo -BSA B33 chop- BSA A65 -BSA A10 chop- Ariel Golden Arrow- BSA Bantam- Francis Barnet- NSU Quickly. think thats the lot?
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
bunny hoppin

Sign by Dealighted - Coupons & Discount Shopping

#20 Kpnuts

Kpnuts

Carpe fan

• Pip
  • 157 posts
  • TDM model: 2001

Posted 30 March 2007 - 06:10 pm

shites.. soz to hear that sort of news.

sounds like a `to order` job doesn`t it? There seems a good deal of help been done here so i do hope lucks with you on this one and you see it returned... and in as good a condition as it went.

Good luck mate.... from a local
Well, everyone knows that the speed of light is 299,792,456 meters per second. and thats all very fine and dandy, and it explaines a lot in our universe ......or is maybe it opens up more questions than answers, and the most important of those is....what is the speed of dark?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users