- - - - -

paulb's stolen BMW R1200S

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#41 Guest_Naboki_*

Guest_Naboki_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 October 2007 - 09:59 am

Wow! I'd take this as unexpected good news! I am happy fer ya, Paul! After all this time - its been 7 months, hasnt it ... I think they smashed it out of frustration - the bike was so hot they couldnt take it out of the garage - you should be proud of your work. And get it back and put it back together - the insurance company should help you cover the damage. Nurse it like a child - you've worked hard enough.

Cheers and all the best!

Marius

#42 Pict

Pict

Keep on keepin' on

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,257 posts
  • TDM model: 2006

Posted 02 October 2007 - 11:05 am

QUOTE(paulb @ Tue 2nd Oct 2007, 10:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bastards

I share your feelings, Paul - the same mindless thing happened to my first wheels many years ago. It was only a Vespa scooter, but I'd worked with my Dad to build it, and it got nicked in Glasgow. Something led my to wander up to Maryhill, where I found it in a similar state to your bike on some waste ground. Some further strange intuition led me to a nearby tenement where I found a large policeman in "conversation" with a weedy little scrote. After explaining to the bobby what I was about, I got the frustrating response "Aye an' this is the wee c**t that did it, but he's safe 'cos they'll aa close ranks aroun' here an' swear blind he's been here aa day!". Even now I can still see that leer on the wee sod's face and feel my knuckles go white. If only the bobby had walked away for a few sympathetic minutes!! ranting.gif

Dinotrike.jpg "It's a TDM, Jim, but not as we know it"

www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAHmEWim3to

Diamond black TDM 900A TRIKE, 2006 ABS model converted by Trike Design (Caerphilly, South Wales) prior to first registration in March 2007.

#43 Quartermaster

Quartermaster

900 going for ... 1000cc?

• 927 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 02 October 2007 - 12:26 pm

Bastards

Bastards indeed. You have my complete sympathy. May not be a good idea to have it back as it wiill always rekindle painful memories.

'73 Honda CB500 Four, Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Triumph Tiger Sport 660.

#44 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

is it Jizzy Rascal time yet.....?

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 02 October 2007 - 03:50 pm

sad sight indeed. so they had the ignition key ferrit too ?

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

I loike tay and hang sangwiches !

www.kenhogantreeservices.co.uk

http://s33.photobuck...77/wickla/?sc=6

http://reg.imageshack.us/v_images.php

post-1-1150550733.gifpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#45 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

seagull squadron leader & founding member of GoatTracKrew

• 9,336 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 02 October 2007 - 03:59 pm

Just dont know whether to try get it back again.

you obviously liked that bike alot, just depends on if you'd already said goodbye to the idea of having it back

"Never argue with an idiot. They just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"
My TDM :
Black 1991 850 MK1, 160k+ miles(ish, best guess really, gave up trying to keep count after 3rd set of clocks and 3rd engine), PilotRoad2 tyres, custom stubby exhaust system, bluespot calipers & goodridge braided hoses with dunlopads, maxton forks, Ohlins shock, kedo handguards, stainless TDM grill, Scottoiler with lubetube & dual nozzle thingy, Givi Wingrack2 with E45 & 2xE36s, renntec crash bars, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider2, Optimate IIIsp, Bagster tank cover, anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led spotlights, heated grips, new braided lines and rear caliper that actually has bleed nipples
Silver-ish 2003 900, 70k miles, PilotRoad3 front tyre (new@65k) & PR2 rear(new at 69k), Renthal 755 bars with KTM handguards, oxford unheated grips, power commander 3usb, scorpion titanium exhausts, standard screen with vario winglet thingy, stainless grill, oem centre stand, bagster tank cover, givi monokey topplate mounted on grabrail with V46 topbox, Givi PL pannier rails with E21s, crash bungs, mirror extender thingys, Halfords Advanced Laser Blue brillance bulbs, 21w led spotlights, touring scottoiler with leehenty dual nozzle, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider3 Urban, winter style anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led brake light strip, replacement heated grips

current rides : TDM850 3vd/mk1=tourer&scratcher, TRX850=weekend twisty toy, 2003 TDM900=commuter, 2005 
TDM900=unmolested.  Gone but not forgotton : XTZ750=overland touring toy, GS500e, GS125
If a strange looking truck driver honks at you & gives you the thumbs up, its could be me  :good:

#46 dbninja

dbninja

Carpe Addict

• PipPipPip
  • 312 posts
  • TDM model: 2004

Posted 02 October 2007 - 05:05 pm

Paul

have they got the scrote(s) that pinched it?

are they taking fingerprints n all that sort of stuff

or are they going to give you a crime number in a week or two

had a look at all 15 pics mate..... its enough to make you cry!
looks like the work of nobhead kids to me! obviously didnt know what they had or what to do with it when they got it... so they did the only thing they actually knew how to do!!!! .............. smash feck out of everything!

thousands of pounds worth of damage to it..... i know bmw prices!

i wouldnt want it back

dbn
"I dont bleat with the other sheep! ... I ride a GS1150"

#47 paulb

paulb

Carpe Addict

• PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 02 October 2007 - 05:32 pm

Thanks for the replies

The police said that they found it abandoned, however the recovery guys were more open in that they told me someone was arrested for another offence and the bike found in their back yard.

I know where that was now, exactly.

The damage is mainly all round the upper front but includes clocks headlight front fairing bracket etc
The rest is minor and the bike hasnt done many miles at all.

They took the key but the key wasnt recovered. I think BMW could supply a new one tho.

Im just sitting back for a week to mull it over. I have a bike of the same model now and it all depends on whether they firstly offer it to me and secondly the price.

PB

Honda CBR1100 xxx
BMW R1150 GSA se 2005
Yamaha WR450f

#48 Baron

Baron

has been here 4ever

• 1,076 posts
  • Location:Drum Castle (well, next door), Kincardineshire.....well, I am a Baron!
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 02 October 2007 - 08:25 pm

If I were in your shoes I'd be having a quite word with some of me rather large mates to go pay the scrote a visit one dark winters evening in a month or two. I hear hospital food is improving these days...

Edited by Baron, 03 October 2007 - 07:47 pm.

Gone but not forgotten: 2007 TDM900ABS Competition White, datatagged, fenda extenda, tomtom rider 1, Yamaha main stand, Yamaha heated grips, HID headlights, Yamaha top box & city side cases, MRA Vario screen, CLS200 automatic chain oiler, Yamaha belly pan, DL650 handguards, Gi-Pro X gear indicator, SW-Motech Mirror Extensions, LED side light, Stebel Nautilus AIR HORN!!!!!

(1974....KTM Comet Cross, RD250B, XS750, Wife & kids, DT175, Suzuki GT500, XT500, XT500 (modified), ZX-10 (the 1st one!), Yamaha TT600R, Suzuki GT750B, GT750K, '04 TDM900, GSX1100F, '07 TDM900A, '06 FJR1300A

#49 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

seagull squadron leader & founding member of GoatTracKrew

• 9,336 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 02 October 2007 - 08:38 pm

yup, just make sure your out with a friend at the time, somewhere that has lots of nice CCTV wink.gif

"Never argue with an idiot. They just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"
My TDM :
Black 1991 850 MK1, 160k+ miles(ish, best guess really, gave up trying to keep count after 3rd set of clocks and 3rd engine), PilotRoad2 tyres, custom stubby exhaust system, bluespot calipers & goodridge braided hoses with dunlopads, maxton forks, Ohlins shock, kedo handguards, stainless TDM grill, Scottoiler with lubetube & dual nozzle thingy, Givi Wingrack2 with E45 & 2xE36s, renntec crash bars, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider2, Optimate IIIsp, Bagster tank cover, anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led spotlights, heated grips, new braided lines and rear caliper that actually has bleed nipples
Silver-ish 2003 900, 70k miles, PilotRoad3 front tyre (new@65k) & PR2 rear(new at 69k), Renthal 755 bars with KTM handguards, oxford unheated grips, power commander 3usb, scorpion titanium exhausts, standard screen with vario winglet thingy, stainless grill, oem centre stand, bagster tank cover, givi monokey topplate mounted on grabrail with V46 topbox, Givi PL pannier rails with E21s, crash bungs, mirror extender thingys, Halfords Advanced Laser Blue brillance bulbs, 21w led spotlights, touring scottoiler with leehenty dual nozzle, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider3 Urban, winter style anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led brake light strip, replacement heated grips

current rides : TDM850 3vd/mk1=tourer&scratcher, TRX850=weekend twisty toy, 2003 TDM900=commuter, 2005 
TDM900=unmolested.  Gone but not forgotton : XTZ750=overland touring toy, GS500e, GS125
If a strange looking truck driver honks at you & gives you the thumbs up, its could be me  :good:

#50 jht

jht

has been here 4ever

• 1,769 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 02 October 2007 - 09:52 pm

QUOTE(Baron @ Tue 2nd Oct 2007, 09:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If I were in your shoes I'd be having a quite work with some of me rather large mates to go pay the scrote a visit one dark winters evening in a month or two.

I hear hospital food is improving these days... No... its not laugh.gif

Done: Homo sap navigation/ twisty thing on bars to make it go vroom/ grabby thing to make it stop (in front of twisty thing)/ 'leccy things front and rear to make it glow at night/ Sucky + drippy oiler thing to keep chains moist (!!) / Laser Pro Stock Race pipes / bleeding ear drums (see previous mod)
To do: Educate homo sap nav system to operate twisty + grabby things/ get ear plugs

All Trashed Now... Pants... its a Cat B Mwahahaha it lives again!!

Remember every driver is a deaf myoptic twat who is out to kill you, ALWAYS assume they are going to do THE most f*cking DUMBASS, STUPID manouver possible, at the worst possible moment; get past, and get past quick

#51 Baron

Baron

has been here 4ever

• 1,076 posts
  • Location:Drum Castle (well, next door), Kincardineshire.....well, I am a Baron!
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 03 October 2007 - 07:48 pm

blush.gif sorry.gif
Gone but not forgotten: 2007 TDM900ABS Competition White, datatagged, fenda extenda, tomtom rider 1, Yamaha main stand, Yamaha heated grips, HID headlights, Yamaha top box & city side cases, MRA Vario screen, CLS200 automatic chain oiler, Yamaha belly pan, DL650 handguards, Gi-Pro X gear indicator, SW-Motech Mirror Extensions, LED side light, Stebel Nautilus AIR HORN!!!!!

(1974....KTM Comet Cross, RD250B, XS750, Wife & kids, DT175, Suzuki GT500, XT500, XT500 (modified), ZX-10 (the 1st one!), Yamaha TT600R, Suzuki GT750B, GT750K, '04 TDM900, GSX1100F, '07 TDM900A, '06 FJR1300A

#52 Stunts

Stunts

Carpe Addict

• PipPipPip
  • 330 posts
  • TDM model: none yet

Posted 05 October 2007 - 01:02 pm

That's really sad - in a way you have closure but in another someone has taken your pride and joy and smashed it up for no reason at all. They should have their effin' hands cut off.
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur.

Done: Sold the TDM, now have a rather large ZZR1200 filling the gap where my TDM used to live.

To do: Keep my licence............

Got rid of that thing within 200 miles - talk about Blaaaaaaand. Got myself a rather nice KTM 660SMC in a fetching orange colour.....

#53 ChrisG

ChrisG

Resident vulture

• 8,276 posts
  • TDM model: 2009

Posted 05 October 2007 - 02:23 pm

If you've now bought another bike of the same model is it worth getting the old one back to salvage some of the trick parts?

1992 Mk1, 76k miles, Hagon springs, MTC exhaust, 4½ gears Gone now :(
2009 900 abs, 42k miles, Yamaha heated grips, double bubble screen, R&G crash bungs, scottoiler, Autocom, 1500 lumen LED spotlights.

post-1-1152402501.jpgpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#54 paulb

paulb

Carpe Addict

• PipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 05 October 2007 - 03:29 pm

QUOTE(ChrisG @ Fri 5th Oct 2007, 03:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If you've now bought another bike of the same model is it worth getting the old one back to salvage some of the trick parts?

Thats what Im hoping to do Chris
Depends entirely on whether the insurance stick to their word and also the price.
The 1200s would be a wicked tool if Streetfightered and big flat bars on etc, plus theres a place in Germany that would tune the motor.

Im just waiting with baited breath to see what trick they come up with next
PB

Honda CBR1100 xxx
BMW R1150 GSA se 2005
Yamaha WR450f

#55 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

• 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.

Posted 06 October 2007 - 03:49 pm

Paul do ya mind if i ask what sort of ball park figure would that bike cost you to buy off the ins. company ??

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

#56 zander

zander

sticking around

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • TDM model: none yet

Posted 06 October 2007 - 05:57 pm

i think someone should go round to their house an steal their pride n joy then smash it up, wouldn't be such smart little asses then would they, there is however no justice in this world as they will all put the blame on the youngest member of the group eho will be under the age of twelve so he wouldnt get cherged with anything and get a nice social worker to take him out ect ect ect. i know this cause it happend to me a few years ago and after seeing the damage they caused i didn't want my bike back. glad they caught them though

#57 paulb

paulb

Carpe Addict

• PipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 06 October 2007 - 08:13 pm

They work the figure out on a percentage of what they paid out normally.
They paid me 10150 so it'll be dear, but the general rule is cat d 30%, cat c less, cat b less again.

Even at 3500 quid its WELL worth it because having looked, teh damaged has been done while static and is all at the front end. No bent forks, damaged whels or tyres, motor etc. The 1200s is a superb thing.

The system alone second hand would fetch over 700-800 quid. I have a standard spare at home and its possible I'll buy teh bike back and sell it straight on at what I paid, however having taken the trick zaust.

They will probably try and get out of it anyway, so Im not holding my breath. Well I am, but only till mid week
PB

Honda CBR1100 xxx
BMW R1150 GSA se 2005
Yamaha WR450f

#58 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

• 12,211 posts

Posted 06 October 2007 - 10:35 pm

best of luck with it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users