Hairy Gherkin

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_Dannyboy_*

Guest_Dannyboy_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 September 2007 - 11:57 am

QUOTE(Pict @ Wed 19th Sep 2007, 02:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ditto on the waterproofness and the squeak! Mine are the cheaper "Explorer" type but still excellent; only gripe is they're not very comfy to walk in with their narrow heel.

Yes I do like the Oxtar's but sadly as im a lanky bugger I need taller boots so the new toe rag troosers will fit over em. Got a budget of about £150.00 squidlies set aside. dry.gif

#22 catsbum

catsbum

Sponsored by AutoGlym

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,057 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 22 September 2007 - 08:19 pm

I'll do a new thread on G2g. Only one day after all

#23 catsbum

catsbum

Sponsored by AutoGlym

• 7,057 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 22 September 2007 - 09:46 pm

Started new Topic on G2G. Come on chaps, Lets go to the NEC and eat some burgers

Oh, find some cheap winter gear maybe.

No cake though Chris.... sad.gif

#24 danceswithmopeds

danceswithmopeds

full o shoite

• 2,425 posts
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 23 September 2007 - 08:41 pm

I've been dealing with HG since the late 80's, and I've always been impressed with quality and value for money of their clothing. I've been up to HG in Newry several times this year to try and find a new jacket.
I tried on most jackets, and just could'nt believe how many different sizes (56-60) I had to try on. No 2 jackets seemed to bear any resemblance to any other as regards sizing. Made all over the third world, but priced as if they had been made in Europe.
Staff very helpful, searched back stores to find missing sizes.

#25 Guest_Dannyboy_*

Guest_Dannyboy_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 September 2007 - 10:10 pm

QUOTE(danceswithmopeds @ Sun 23rd Sep 2007, 09:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've been dealing with HG since the late 80's, and I've always been impressed with quality and value for money of their clothing. I've been up to HG in Newry several times this year to try and find a new jacket.
I tried on most jackets, and just could'nt believe how many different sizes (56-60) I had to try on. No 2 jackets seemed to bear any resemblance to any other as regards sizing. Made all over the third world, but priced as if they had been made in Europe.
Staff very helpful, searched back stores to find missing sizes.

Been out on the bike in me new gear and what a difference it makes. I remember thinking to myself "looks like rain" when the heavens opened up and down came the torrent.
Got back and the only wet bits were me neck (no suprise) and me feet (sidi's not waterproof then) felt nice and warm and the trousers are very comfy. Thinking about getting the boots at the NEC. Could do with finding one of those fancy external power points thingies I saw several peeps at the G2G had. look very handy for charging bits and bobs up when on touring trips.

#26 TDMTAM

TDMTAM

Carpe Citizen

• 4,205 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 24 September 2007 - 07:24 am

QUOTE(Dannyboy @ Sun 23rd Sep 2007, 10:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
and me feet (sidi's not waterproof then) felt nice and warm and the trousers are very comfy. Thinking about getting the boots at the NEC.

I swear by my HG turaeg GTX boots but I have also been hearing great things about Altberg boots, there are a couple of guy in my bike club that have them & say they are very comfy & waterproof. Just another option for you.
TAM

2008 TDM 900 in BLACK, MRA Vario, DL handguards & more to come
1994 TDM 850 mkI Silver, with Blueflame end can, Gone to a new owner & I kinda miss her!

th_09062006104.jpg th_02012009095.jpg

Only a Biker knows why a Dog sticks it head out the car window

#27 Guest_Dannyboy_*

Guest_Dannyboy_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 September 2007 - 11:08 am

QUOTE(TDMTAM @ Mon 24th Sep 2007, 08:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I swear by my HG turaeg GTX boots but I have also been hearing great things about Altberg boots, there are a couple of guy in my bike club that have them & say they are very comfy & waterproof. Just another option for you.
TAM

Just had a look (HG RAILYE GTX II BOOTS BLACK £149,99) very nice and if they do what it says in the write up I think Ill have em,
Cheers Tam
now what to do with the remaining 1 PENNY? dry.gif

#28 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

is it Jizzy Rascal time yet.....?

• 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.

Posted 24 September 2007 - 01:03 pm

QUOTE(Dannyboy @ Mon 24th Sep 2007, 11:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just had a look (HG RAILYE GTX II BOOTS BLACK £149,99) very nice and if they do what it says in the write up I think Ill have em,
Cheers Tam

spend it....

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

I loike tay and hang sangwiches !

www.kenhogantreeservices.co.uk

http://s33.photobuck...77/wickla/?sc=6

http://reg.imageshack.us/v_images.php

post-1-1150550733.gifpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#29 jht

jht

has been here 4ever

• 1,769 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 24 September 2007 - 02:52 pm

Cheers Tam

Them there boots are the bizz IMHO

you wont regret getting them, only bit of kit to survive my off relatively unscathed

never leaked in 3-4 years winter commuting

the mutts nuts yeahbaby.gif

Done: Homo sap navigation/ twisty thing on bars to make it go vroom/ grabby thing to make it stop (in front of twisty thing)/ 'leccy things front and rear to make it glow at night/ Sucky + drippy oiler thing to keep chains moist (!!) / Laser Pro Stock Race pipes / bleeding ear drums (see previous mod)
To do: Educate homo sap nav system to operate twisty + grabby things/ get ear plugs

All Trashed Now... Pants... its a Cat B Mwahahaha it lives again!!

Remember every driver is a deaf myoptic twat who is out to kill you, ALWAYS assume they are going to do THE most f*cking DUMBASS, STUPID manouver possible, at the worst possible moment; get past, and get past quick

#30 TDMTAM

TDMTAM

Carpe Citizen

• 4,205 posts

Posted 24 September 2007 - 03:26 pm

Cheers Tam

Penny Caramel laugh.gif
TAM

2008 TDM 900 in BLACK, MRA Vario, DL handguards & more to come
1994 TDM 850 mkI Silver, with Blueflame end can, Gone to a new owner & I kinda miss her!

th_09062006104.jpg th_02012009095.jpg

Only a Biker knows why a Dog sticks it head out the car window

#31 Guest_Pantboy_*

Guest_Pantboy_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 September 2007 - 06:47 pm

QUOTE(TDMTAM @ Mon 24th Sep 2007, 04:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Penny Caramel laugh.gif
TAM

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm sweeties, can you still get 1p mojos. bet they aren't 1p anymore if you can.

#32 Nanook

Nanook

needs a 2nd hobby

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 06:42 am

I've only been biking for seven years but in that time I've bought two different HG jackets. Both of them have gone at the seams on front panels just out of warranty. Took em back to HG in Glasgow who didn't want to know. So guess whose gear I don't buy anymore? ranting.gif ranting.gif
Beware the whitevanman!

#33 Guest_Dannyboy_*

Guest_Dannyboy_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 September 2007 - 11:09 am

QUOTE(Pantboy @ Mon 24th Sep 2007, 07:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm sweeties, can you still get 1p mojos. bet they aren't 1p anymore if you can.

Mojo's and black Jacks are now £3.50 each at our local Indian run Off licence
BARGAIN tongue.gif

#34 Nanook

Nanook

needs a 2nd hobby

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 11:36 am

QUOTE(Dannyboy @ Tue 25th Sep 2007, 09:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
BARGAIN tongue.gif

Good grief - prices weren't like that when I were a lad! unsure.gif unsure.gif
Beware the whitevanman!

#35 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

is it Jizzy Rascal time yet.....?

• 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.

Posted 25 September 2007 - 10:58 pm

QUOTE(Dannyboy @ Tue 25th Sep 2007, 11:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
BARGAIN tongue.gif

be careful that cud be considered to be an UN-PC post there Danny !!

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

I loike tay and hang sangwiches !

www.kenhogantreeservices.co.uk

http://s33.photobuck...77/wickla/?sc=6

http://reg.imageshack.us/v_images.php

post-1-1150550733.gifpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#36 Guest_Dannyboy_*

Guest_Dannyboy_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 September 2007 - 08:30 pm

QUOTE(wicklamulla @ Tue 25th Sep 2007, 11:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
be careful that cud be considered to be an UN-PC post there Danny !!

Your having a laugh, so what if I said I had a gob full of black jacks whilst typing this. Spose thats all right then is it cos that couldny possibly offend lessen you was a perv. dry.gif

#37 ChrisG

ChrisG

Resident vulture

• 8,276 posts
  • TDM model: 2009

Posted 28 September 2007 - 10:15 am

QUOTE(Dannyboy @ Thu 27th Sep 2007, 09:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Your having a laugh, so what if I said I had a gob full of black jacks whilst typing this. Spose thats all right then is it cos that couldny possibly offend lessen you was a perv. dry.gif

So long as you and Jack are both consenting adults, it's no concern of ours what colour either of you are.

1992 Mk1, 76k miles, Hagon springs, MTC exhaust, 4½ gears Gone now :(
2009 900 abs, 42k miles, Yamaha heated grips, double bubble screen, R&G crash bungs, scottoiler, Autocom, 1500 lumen LED spotlights.

post-1-1152402501.jpgpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users