Photo

RTT07 - Ruppertshofen, Rhine Valley, Germany.

• Please log in to reply
170 replies to this topic

#121 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

seagull squadron leader & founding member of GoatTracKrew

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,336 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 13 February 2007 - 11:30 am

message from the B&B folks
From: info@german-rhineland.com [mailto:info@german-rhineland.com]Sent: 12 February 2007 19:35
To: Tony Davis
Subject: Hello Tony

Hello Tony,
We’ve found a campsite on the other side of Bogel and you’ll find it on: http://www.camping-bogel.de/
It>’s about 3,5 km from us but as Bogel is in the middle then I think for night entertainment everyone can meet up there.
Bogel is 1 km from us and the campsite is 2 to 2,5 km on the other side. There are 2 restaurants come bars and another bar down a side street in Bogel.
We’ve been up to look at the camping site and it’s a static caravan site with camping facilities and an onsite bar. Marie’s spoken to the owner and he seems well friendly. Interestingly enough, it’s at the head of a valley dropping down to the Rhine and it’s a superb biking road.
Hope that helps but keep us informed as we running close on dates.
All the best
Andre and Marie

excellent news, contacting the site to confirm costs/availability etc.

"Never argue with an idiot. They just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"
My TDM :
Black 1991 850 MK1, 160k+ miles(ish, best guess really, gave up trying to keep count after 3rd set of clocks and 3rd engine), PilotRoad2 tyres, custom stubby exhaust system, bluespot calipers & goodridge braided hoses with dunlopads, maxton forks, Ohlins shock, kedo handguards, stainless TDM grill, Scottoiler with lubetube & dual nozzle thingy, Givi Wingrack2 with E45 & 2xE36s, renntec crash bars, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider2, Optimate IIIsp, Bagster tank cover, anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led spotlights, heated grips, new braided lines and rear caliper that actually has bleed nipples
Silver-ish 2003 900, 70k miles, PilotRoad3 front tyre (new@65k) & PR2 rear(new at 69k), Renthal 755 bars with KTM handguards, oxford unheated grips, power commander 3usb, scorpion titanium exhausts, standard screen with vario winglet thingy, stainless grill, oem centre stand, bagster tank cover, givi monokey topplate mounted on grabrail with V46 topbox, Givi PL pannier rails with E21s, crash bungs, mirror extender thingys, Halfords Advanced Laser Blue brillance bulbs, 21w led spotlights, touring scottoiler with leehenty dual nozzle, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider3 Urban, winter style anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led brake light strip, replacement heated grips

current rides : TDM850 3vd/mk1=tourer&scratcher, TRX850=weekend twisty toy, 2003 TDM900=commuter, 2005 
TDM900=unmolested.  Gone but not forgotton : XTZ750=overland touring toy, GS500e, GS125
If a strange looking truck driver honks at you & gives you the thumbs up, its could be me  :good:

#122 bondy

bondy

850 going for 900

• 852 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 13 February 2007 - 05:45 pm

QUOTE(Toneski @ Tue 13th Feb 2007, 11:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Excellent news, keep up the good work Toneski.

#123 Pict

Pict

Keep on keepin' on

• 6,257 posts
  • TDM model: 2006

Posted 13 February 2007 - 06:27 pm

QUOTE(Toneski @ Tue 13th Feb 2007, 11:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Zat the one Erdferkel recommended? Also looks like Dandy was right about the road. So things are on a roll again good.gif

Dinotrike.jpg "It's a TDM, Jim, but not as we know it"

www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAHmEWim3to

Diamond black TDM 900A TRIKE, 2006 ABS model converted by Trike Design (Caerphilly, South Wales) prior to first registration in March 2007.

#124 MarkyMark

MarkyMark

900 going for ... 1000cc?

• 981 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 13 February 2007 - 09:41 pm

Good - so it is definitely still Ruppertshofen.

I'll get back to my maps and route planning accross belgium avoiding the motorways and picking out the roads with the green boarders which indicat ethe scenic routes. - TomTom my arse.

XT1200Z - Big and bouncy

GTR1400 - Chaufer the wife.
XT660Z - Fun and commute.
TDM900 - Yellow.

#125 duibhce Kaelann

duibhce Kaelann

has been here 4ever

• 1,147 posts
  • TDM model: 2004

Posted 13 February 2007 - 09:55 pm

QUOTE(MarkyMark @ Tue 13th Feb 2007, 10:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'll get back to my maps and route planning accross belgium avoiding the motorways and picking out the roads with the green boarders which indicat ethe scenic routes. - TomTom my arse.

If you tell me where you arrive and what places you want to pass through, I might have some tips for you cool.gif
Yamaha XJ600S Diversion '94
Yamaha XJ900S Diversion '97
Suzuki SV650S '01
Yamaha TDM900 '04

Yamaha XT660Z Ténéré '08 + Yamaha TRX850 '97

I'll let go of my throttle when they pry it from my cold, dead hands...

#126 Hartside Man

Hartside Man

Old Moaning Git !!

• RTT manager(RTT)
  • 3,247 posts
  • Location:On Hartside more often than not ! But Live in Carlisle UK
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 13 February 2007 - 10:01 pm

looking good tony now all i have to decide is am i soft and B&B or am i a big tough biker that wants to Camp rotflmmfao.gif

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I have a Ghost S and i'm not afraid to use it !

A Beast in Orange Called KaTie eM 

"Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul".

"So you just ride somewhere, eat cake and then ride back".

"Normal people believe that if it ain't broken, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain't broken, it doesn't have enough features yet."

" I We're Ridin so Fast , I we're sucking Rabbits from the Hedges "   {Guy Martin}

#127 dandywarhol

dandywarhol

Carpe Citizen

• 5,324 posts

Posted 13 February 2007 - 10:34 pm

QUOTE(MarkyMark @ Tue 13th Feb 2007, 09:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ohhhhhhhhhh.....the sound of slapping cheeks rolleyes.gif .......oops, wub.gif wrong forum.......... unsure.gif

1967 Yamaha TD1C 250, 2014 Kawasaki W800, 2011 Aprilia Tuono 1000 V4, 2020 Yamaha XSR900

"At the cutting edge of technophobia" Scotland_180-animated-flag-gifs.gif mccoy.gif

#128 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

seagull squadron leader & founding member of GoatTracKrew

• 9,336 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 14 February 2007 - 02:12 am

to be honest looking at the price difference i cant see any reason to camp.
once you take into account the cost of breakfast or the taxi back from town then i think the camping might actually be dearer.
i'll update when contact has been confirmed and i know more.

"Never argue with an idiot. They just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"
My TDM :
Black 1991 850 MK1, 160k+ miles(ish, best guess really, gave up trying to keep count after 3rd set of clocks and 3rd engine), PilotRoad2 tyres, custom stubby exhaust system, bluespot calipers & goodridge braided hoses with dunlopads, maxton forks, Ohlins shock, kedo handguards, stainless TDM grill, Scottoiler with lubetube & dual nozzle thingy, Givi Wingrack2 with E45 & 2xE36s, renntec crash bars, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider2, Optimate IIIsp, Bagster tank cover, anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led spotlights, heated grips, new braided lines and rear caliper that actually has bleed nipples
Silver-ish 2003 900, 70k miles, PilotRoad3 front tyre (new@65k) & PR2 rear(new at 69k), Renthal 755 bars with KTM handguards, oxford unheated grips, power commander 3usb, scorpion titanium exhausts, standard screen with vario winglet thingy, stainless grill, oem centre stand, bagster tank cover, givi monokey topplate mounted on grabrail with V46 topbox, Givi PL pannier rails with E21s, crash bungs, mirror extender thingys, Halfords Advanced Laser Blue brillance bulbs, 21w led spotlights, touring scottoiler with leehenty dual nozzle, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider3 Urban, winter style anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led brake light strip, replacement heated grips

current rides : TDM850 3vd/mk1=tourer&scratcher, TRX850=weekend twisty toy, 2003 TDM900=commuter, 2005 
TDM900=unmolested.  Gone but not forgotton : XTZ750=overland touring toy, GS500e, GS125
If a strange looking truck driver honks at you & gives you the thumbs up, its could be me  :good:

#129 Pict

Pict

Keep on keepin' on

• 6,257 posts

Posted 14 February 2007 - 05:41 am

QUOTE(Toneski @ Mon 12th Feb 2007, 02:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
lol Pict, are you bored again?

No, just insomniac and trying to put time into helping unsure.gif Hope I haven't interfered.
I'm not even likely to be going, though it does look good from the web site. good.gif
Been to the Rhine before on family holidays - you should have a great time altogether

Diamond black TDM 900A TRIKE, 2006 ABS model converted by Trike Design (Caerphilly, South Wales) prior to first registration in March 2007.

#130 Guest_erdferkel_*

Guest_erdferkel_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 February 2007 - 12:25 pm

hello

QUOTE(Pict @ Tue 13th Feb 2007, 07:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Zat the one Erdferkel recommended?

i can't take credits for that find. so far i have not achieved any good results. i've found several "motorrad-hotels" in rheinland pfalz, but they seemed a little expensive and not located near ruppertshofen...
the thread in the german forum did not bring results yet.
i'm sorry.
best regards
ralf

#131 Pict

Pict

Keep on keepin' on

• 6,257 posts

Posted 14 February 2007 - 01:23 pm

QUOTE(erdferkel @ Wed 14th Feb 2007, 12:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I can't take credits for that find.

Oops - it was Stonie's find unsure.gif Sorry!

#132 stu

stu

full o shoite

• 2,060 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 14 February 2007 - 11:01 pm

QUOTE(dandywarhol @ Tue 13th Feb 2007, 10:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ohhhhhhhhhh.....the sound of slapping cheeks rolleyes.gif .......oops, wub.gif wrong forum.......... unsure.gif

oh, I dunno - could be something like this

Stu

#133 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

is it Jizzy Rascal time yet.....?

• 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 15 February 2007 - 12:04 am

QUOTE(Hartside Man @ Tue 13th Feb 2007, 09:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
looking good tony now all i have to decide is am i soft and B&B or am i a big tough biker that wants to Camp rotflmmfao.gif

the answer to that question lies with the type of 2 bikes you own..........

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

I loike tay and hang sangwiches !

www.kenhogantreeservices.co.uk

http://s33.photobuck...77/wickla/?sc=6

http://reg.imageshack.us/v_images.php

post-1-1150550733.gifpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#134 Hartside Man

Hartside Man

Old Moaning Git !!

• RTT manager(RTT)
  • 3,247 posts

Posted 15 February 2007 - 12:06 am

QUOTE(wicklamulla @ Wed 14th Feb 2007, 11:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
the answer to that question lies with the type of 2 bikes you own..........

yeahyeahyeah.gif

"Normal people believe that if it ain't broken, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain't broken, it doesn't have enough features yet."

" I We're Ridin so Fast , I we're sucking Rabbits from the Hedges "   {Guy Martin}

#135 jht

jht

has been here 4ever

• 1,769 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 18 February 2007 - 10:19 am

You lot may want to consider a day trip to either of these, only 84 miles away and good laugh, especially the slide down from the Jumbo jet

http://www.technik-museum.de/
Done: Homo sap navigation/ twisty thing on bars to make it go vroom/ grabby thing to make it stop (in front of twisty thing)/ 'leccy things front and rear to make it glow at night/ Sucky + drippy oiler thing to keep chains moist (!!) / Laser Pro Stock Race pipes / bleeding ear drums (see previous mod)
To do: Educate homo sap nav system to operate twisty + grabby things/ get ear plugs

All Trashed Now... Pants... its a Cat B Mwahahaha it lives again!!

Remember every driver is a deaf myoptic twat who is out to kill you, ALWAYS assume they are going to do THE most f*cking DUMBASS, STUPID manouver possible, at the worst possible moment; get past, and get past quick

#136 Stonie

Stonie

arrived on last train

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 February 2007 - 11:11 pm

today i've visited Ruppertshofen and also the Campig-Bogel in the middle of nowhere. with the bike you can go from the camp to the B&B in just 3 minutes, but i don't want to walk, because i am verry sluggardly sorry.gif

first i didn't found the B&B because there are no signs on the house. but one from the citizen (not more than 200) told me thats the B&B opens only and especial for english guests. so i went for a cola in the next-door house, a german pub "Deutsches Haus" and talk about the surrounding area. it seems to be a good place, because you can choose every direction to curve.

on my way home i've tested the "Gelbachtal", its just a half hour afar and i like it. good.gif It seems as if i have to travel more often in this direction, because actualy i travel more at the "Odenwald" or at the "Taunus".

what do you prefer, small curves or fast countryroads?

#137 Hartside Man

Hartside Man

Old Moaning Git !!

• RTT manager(RTT)
  • 3,247 posts

Posted 19 February 2007 - 07:42 pm

QUOTE(Stonie @ Sun 18th Feb 2007, 10:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
today i've visited Ruppertshofen and also the Campig-Bogel in the middle of nowhere. with the bike you can go from the camp to the B&B in just 3 minutes, but i don't want to walk, because i am verry sluggardly sorry.gif

first i didn't found the B&B because there are no signs on the house. but one from the citizen (not more than 200) told me thats the B&B opens only and especial for english guests. so i went for a cola in the next-door house, a german pub "Deutsches Haus" and talk about the surrounding area. it seems to be a good place, because you can choose every direction to curve.

on my way home i've tested the "Gelbachtal", its just a half hour afar and i like it. good.gif It seems as if i have to travel more often in this direction, because actualy i travel more at the "Odenwald" or at the "Taunus".

Both yahoo.gif with a preference to nice Curvy Roads well surfaced and twisty good.gif

#138 Yellowasp

Yellowasp

Carpe junky

• PipPipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 24 February 2007 - 09:52 pm

Nuts , thought to myself, I fancy a RTT , went to register my name and feck, Im in the Canaries sad.gif
Yellow Tdm 900 with lots of bits added

#139 Guinness

Guinness

has been here 4ever

• 1,657 posts
  • TDM model: 2005

Posted 25 February 2007 - 12:54 pm

QUOTE(Toneski @ Wed 14th Feb 2007, 02:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
to be honest looking at the price difference i cant see any reason to camp.
once you take into account the cost of breakfast or the taxi back from town then i think the camping might actually be dearer.
i'll update when contact has been confirmed and i know more.

PLUS cheaper beer at the B&B ... yes? no?
AND they have a gameshall (pool, biljarts and what not...)
I'm an insomniac agnostic dyslexic. I lay awake at night and wonder if there really is a dog.

yamaha : xv535/92-92 | red TDM850/92-05 | silver TDM900A/05-

get them here

#140 Pict

Pict

Keep on keepin' on

• 6,257 posts

Posted 25 February 2007 - 03:22 pm

QUOTE(Stonie @ Sun 18th Feb 2007, 10:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

"Countryroads" (Landstrassen) = "A" roads (not autobahns), but with decent tarmac, unlike ours!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users