#1 fixitsan

fixitsan

Carpe Citizen

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,667 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 12 October 2016 - 09:30 am

I ordered some seals from a supplier who sent me the wrong ones.... and they've now given me a list of options and said 'choose one' !

I don't have a valve guide out and cannot get my calipers in to measure the seal seat diameter. I think its close to 10mm

I'm measuring a valve stem at just over 5mm.

They sent me seals for a 7.5mm guide and 4mm valve stem !

Yambits sell a set of 10 for all 850's...all the same size and i wish ild gone there first......does anyone know the actual dims I need ?

900 with better bits. Owes me nothing, Makes me smile

#2 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,735 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 04 April 2019 - 06:50 pm

Chris can you recall what the answer is to this question now you've been and done the job !! would of assumed the exhaust seals may be slightly larger but as you say the set from Yambits are all the same size so perhaps not.

Edit.. Fowlers only show one listing for them ie one size and as Yambits deliver 10 of one size i have concluded they are all the same size :)

Edited by dablik, 05 April 2019 - 10:20 am.

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users