• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Monstrosix

Monstrosix

arrived on last train

• 9 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 27 March 2019 - 09:02 pm

Bagged myself a reall clean 92 3vd and its really growing on me after messing around on sports bikes, too many wasted years!
Lack of fuel gauge prompts me to put this question out there. Do any of you folks know of some kind of aftermarket kit that will keep me up to speed with how much fuel is in the tank? I quite like the look of those external types fitted to custom bikes but cant bring myself to drill holes in the tank. Are there options???
Any advice much appreciated

#2 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

is it Jizzy Rascal time yet.....?

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 28 March 2019 - 12:16 am

Bagged myself a reall clean 92 3vd and its really growing on me after messing around on sports bikes, too many wasted years!
Lack of fuel gauge prompts me to put this question out there. Do any of you folks know of some kind of aftermarket kit that will keep me up to speed with how much fuel is in the tank? I quite like the look of those external types fitted to custom bikes but cant bring myself to drill holes in the tank. Are there options???
Any advice much appreciated

simply use the fuel tap,  ie; reset the rip meter on the odometer and use the reserve option to gauge how much you use on average?

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

I loike tay and hang sangwiches !

www.kenhogantreeservices.co.uk

http://s33.photobuck...77/wickla/?sc=6

http://reg.imageshack.us/v_images.php

post-1-1150550733.gifpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#3 JMC

JMC

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 257 posts
  • TDM model: 2000

Posted 28 March 2019 - 07:34 am

Not aware of any custom gauge that would fit without drilling
But you could train yourself to use the trip meter after every fill up you'd get an idea of the distance left to reserve
And maybe also carry a spare fuel bottle https://www.gaynors....uoaAlpKEALw_wcB

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!"
Hunter S. Thompson.

#4 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• 10,735 posts

Posted 28 March 2019 - 09:12 am

No other options but to drill and fit, i dont think anybody has done it, if i were you i would do as above but also practice switching to reserve, you'll get a noticeable hiccup when you need to switch but, it can take awhile to feed the carbs once you've missed reserved.

Edited by dablik, 28 March 2019 - 12:57 pm.

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#5 Homer62

Homer62

discovering Carpe

• 15 posts
  • TDM model: 1998

Posted 28 March 2019 - 11:04 am

Was thinking about this myself and found these guys,

lsk motorcycle electronics

No drilling!!

#6 JMC

JMC

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 257 posts
  • TDM model: 2000

Posted 28 March 2019 - 11:52 am

Was thinking about this myself and found these guys,

lsk motorcycle electronics

No drilling!!

Looks good and money back if not compatible with your bike https://www.lskelect...o-compatibility

prob best to email them first and ask

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!"
Hunter S. Thompson.

#7 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• 10,735 posts

Posted 28 March 2019 - 12:58 pm

Now we just need a guinea pig....Monstrosix :D

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#8 LewisBlackburn

LewisBlackburn

has been here 4ever

• 1,748 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 03 April 2019 - 10:19 am

That things sounds really interesting. 

#9 poppykle

poppykle

really likes Carpe

• 83 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 06 April 2019 - 05:01 am

Ten years on my old KLE I used the trip meter, never got caught.  Out of habit I still reset one of the trip meters on the 900 when I fill up.

#10 AliG

AliG

has been here 4ever

• 1,444 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 13 April 2019 - 08:00 am

Ten years on my old KLE I used the trip meter, never got caught.  Out of habit I still reset one of the trip meters on the 900 when I fill up.

Me too. Still trip the niner every time although the guage is pretty accurate.

2004 900 - Blue with lots of goodies

2012 900 - Still adding shiny bits. Was black, changed to white and now back to black again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users