Photo
- - - - -

Any Vaperiserers Or Cloud Chasers On Here ?

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#1 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,202 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 08 March 2017 - 05:20 pm

In an effort to cut out the cigs I've started vaping. :pimp:  Usually have around 12-15 rollies a day and after 3 days vaping I'm down to 4 rollies.  Took me a few days experimenting with different juices/mixes to find one that tastes good and doesn't stop me breathing, and a few more days reading all the bumf that Dabbers told me, lol, cheers matey. :good:

Currently using an itaste MVP battery mod set to 5v, connected to a 1.6ohm dual coil clearomiser wth a mix of RY4 and vanilla juice at a 50/50 mix of VG and PG with around 3-4mg nicotine strength.

Early days but I'm thinking I might be able to crack this smoking lark. :)

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#2 Kelpie

Kelpie

900 going for ... 1000cc?

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 944 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 08 March 2017 - 05:36 pm

I've been vaping for nearly 7 years. I wouldn't touch a fag now if you paid me, yet I used to smoke 20+ a day.

My smokers cough and crackly voice are no more but no one's been murdered in the process of me quitting fags!

I used all sorts of ecigs over the years but switched to a Jacvapour Series B Tilt box mod about 8 months ago (best bit of kit ever!) set to 4v, 1.8ohm coil and flavourless 6mg (used to use 32mg!) 45/55 PG/VG liquid (extremely kind to coils which last me for weeks).

I'm still very much a nicotine addict but feel no ill effects from it, I'm a heck of a lot healthier and it's not bleeding me dry financially.

Edited by Kelpie, 08 March 2017 - 05:38 pm.

You don't need balls to ride a big bike.

#3 Favs

Favs

Sir Cumference

• 4,391 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 08 March 2017 - 06:24 pm

Preach............. cold turkey.............worked for me...........but I was determined to stop.........just quit, just like that. :rotflmmfao:  :pimp: 

Single-handedly reviving the Wave.

2008 reg. Black TDM 900 ABS

#4 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• 10,735 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 08 March 2017 - 06:34 pm

Started 2008 on/off.........got all sorts of mods some of which are worn out, currently using a smok 40w sub ohm mod with a .2 ohm coil and 6mg Jam on Toast  :huh:

alongside a mini eleaf and a i sub g tank with a 2.0 Ohm coil and mint tobacco.......

It can be a bit of a journey getting the right combo juice and coil but way better than smoking fags ya ask me, no touched one for quite a long time now...

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#5 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 10:15 pm

Hmmm, liking the Jacvapour mod Kelpie, changeable battery is a good idea. :)  Also sub ohm compatible should I wish to go that route.  Might try some flavourless 45/55, didn't know it existed until you mentioned it. Is it sweet tasting ?  already got flavourless HVG but it's prolly not the best for my coil setup.

Cold turkey, that's for boxing day innit Favs ? :P

Just ordered some vanilla custard and some peppermint joos Dabbers, less calories than jam on toast ?

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#6 muddy

muddy

full o shoite

• 2,969 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 08 March 2017 - 10:25 pm

Now we're talking. My current rig is an iNicUnoch with an ozmatron mini tank, running off a 3 phase ionizer, cold fusion electrolyzer at 0.00314 neukytes. This bad boy vapes snark juice in quark burps. Very efficient and no tell tale swirling plumes to mark me out as nico-fiend

Blue 04 TDM,PR2 rear Roadsmart front, Yamaha topox, Givi E360 panniers, PL pannier holders, BMW handguards, Yamaha touring screen, Scottoiler, 12v ciggie socket, carbon core HT leads

Gorn :sorry:

#7 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 10:32 pm

A wotwot :blink:  :lol:

#8 Kelpie

Kelpie

• 944 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 11:00 pm

Hmmm, liking the Jacvapour mod Kelpie, changeable battery is a good idea. :)  Also sub ohm compatible should I wish to go that route.  Might try some flavourless 45/55, didn't know it existed until you mentioned it. Is it sweet tasting ?  

The batteries last at least a day and a half and I'm constantly toking on it as I work from home so no one to tell me off. I've got three batteries and an external charger but only need two really.

The liquid doesn't taste of anything really and leaves no weird aftertaste either. I used to use a mild tobacco flavour but couldn't abide anything sweet. Some of the flavoured liquids are like puffing on perfume. I like menthol but a documentary I watched about vaping suggested it was more likely to irritate the airways so I stopped using it.

I'm intrigued by Muddy's iknockEunuch thingymajig! :lol:

Edited by Kelpie, 08 March 2017 - 11:02 pm.

#9 mh1848

mh1848

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 08 March 2017 - 11:36 pm

only one i have tried is this one - but a bit big for the pocket

TDM 1991 - two into one micron mated with a A16 Road and Race Supplies Stainless short can - Conti Road Attacks - Kagazume Wavy Rear Disc - Bagster tank cover - homemade sheepskin seat cover on top of custom seat cover - NonFango topbox on homemade mount - custom fusebox - very loud airhorn and cyclone alarm

#10 chrisbee

chrisbee

Carpe Addict

• PipPipPip
  • 391 posts
  • TDM model: 2000

Posted 09 March 2017 - 01:37 pm

Preach............. cold turkey.............worked for me...........but I was determined to stop.........just quit, just like that. :rotflmmfao:  :pimp:

Cold turkey...
I quit smoking for 10 months ( in the 80's) there were no vapes then, or patches.... I can honestly say, it was the worst 10 months of my entire life.. Irritable was an understatement, it indirectly cost me a fiance, and a job. I love smoking, (well used to) now I vape... A kangertech subvod, mainly menthol, which is odd, because I used to hate menthol fags.
If I am away from the kids, sometimes I splash out and buy 20 bensons...

#11 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,105 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 09 March 2017 - 04:04 pm

I am gonna remind yous lot of this ear thread next time ewe say oi need translating!!!!!
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#12 RolfieB

RolfieB

has been here 4ever

• 1,069 posts
  • TDM model: 2001

Posted 09 March 2017 - 05:31 pm

Tried a few of those pen type ones over the past couple of years, but didn't get on with them & was back on the rollies.

I bought a Smok Alien about 8 weeks ago on a whim as I was passing a shop. Not looked back currently have a 0.15 ohm coil in & set to 120W, ran it on temp of 400 c for a short while but coil seem to burn out rapidly. Like my fruity juices.

I've just in the past week started making my own juices & experimenting with PG/VG mixes. It's also a lot cheaper than buying them & easy to do. 

I find now that I use it not because I really need to, but because I like the taste, so may find weening myself off it a tad difficult.

Now I just fly everywhere.

Be yourself, because everybody else is taken.

Gone to new owner.

Black Mk2a

PipeWerx Exhaust, Gold Spots, Goodridge Hoses, Scottoiler,Oil Pressure Indicator, Nippy Normans fuze box,Touratech Handguards,Oxford Heated Grips, Power Socket, Hard Wiring for Sat Nav, Gear Indicator built into the rev counter. Givi E50 Top box & E21 side cases, Bagster Tank Cover & Bag.

#13 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 05:55 pm

I am gonna remind yous lot of this ear thread next time ewe say oi need translating!!!!!

:lol:

I've never tried to give up smoking until now.  Gave up drinking about 10yrs ago and that was easy but the thought of going without a cig got me reaching for the baccy pouch. :lol:   If I can take or leave a cig the same as I can a beer I'll be one happy bunny.

I tried the pen type and the e-cigs with the carts but didn't take to either. 

Only place I've got my juice from is here http://www.onepoundeliquid.com/  it's only a pound a bottle. :D  Thanks again to Dabbers for providing the linkydink.  Some juices are pretty expensive elsewhere and you could soon rack up a few quid trying them out.  Tried the peppermint today and didn't really like it, too sweet for my liking. Got some flavourless 6mg on it's way and hoping it suits me better.

#14 dmmsta

dmmsta

supporter of the "Anti-Dazzle" Club

• 3,627 posts
  • TDM model: 2006

Posted 09 March 2017 - 08:23 pm

I've been considering this option, but now it sounds like I need BSc Engineering to know how it all works  :huh:

MY06 TDM 900 Blue over Silver 354906_45.png
-----
Fuel Pipes
Givi Top Box
Renthal 758's
Grip Puppies
MRA Bubble
Dip & Hi HIDs

To-Do:
LED DRLs
Loobman
Powercoat Wheels
Hand Guards

-----
MY04 TDM 900 Blue over Silver Parts Bin
MY02 TDM 900 Yellow over Black RIP
post-1-1150550733.gif...post-1-1150559830.gif...copilot_zpsgezqc0xz.jpg...hids.jpg...

#15 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 09:45 pm

It can get complicated but you don't need to know everything before giving it a try.  Get something like the unit Kelpie has, buy some juice and give it a go.  I'd suggest buying a 3mg or 6mg nicotine strength juice (or both) from the onepoundliquid store.  The store has all the info regarding the type of juice you need to get the right kick/vapour combo. :)

#16 Kelpie

Kelpie

• 944 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 10:04 pm

Dabbers put me onto the one pound liquid site too. Great service and unbeatable value.

#17 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 10:13 pm

Think Muddy gets his juice from Sellafield. :lol:

#18 muddy

muddy

full o shoite

• 2,969 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 09 March 2017 - 10:49 pm

Think Muddy gets his juice from Sellafield. :lol:

Tssk, it was gifted to me from beings in the liminal space betwixt the forth and fifth dimension.

Blue 04 TDM,PR2 rear Roadsmart front, Yamaha topox, Givi E360 panniers, PL pannier holders, BMW handguards, Yamaha touring screen, Scottoiler, 12v ciggie socket, carbon core HT leads

Gorn :sorry:

#19 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• 10,735 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 09 March 2017 - 11:05 pm

I've been considering this option, but now it sounds like I need BSc Engineering to know how it all works  :huh:

It is a bit of a minefield, plenty of forums about with literally thousands of members and years of reading advice, Planet of the Vapes or UKVaper are 2, best thing is to go into a shop but bare in mind most mods are now geared towards sub ohmers, better vape imo but you will use double or treble the juice as you would vaping in normal realms, normally around 1.5-2.ohms, so for this you dont specifically need a regulated mod but i would get one anyway...i would'nt consider vaping with temp regulated mod, it's good but cant see any difference really to normal vaping, just prevents burning cotton... 

Clapton coils are great, oh there are more, lots more, stick to the basics is best to kick off  with.....if you smoke 20 a day i would start with a 24 or 18mg juice on a 1.8-2.ohm coil.....our Studley is a bit sensitive i think to PG maybe, that's what gives ya a kick..

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#20 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 11:01 am

Ha, that rocket fuel of yours burned my lungs out and stopped me breathing.  Like smoking a hot air gun it was. :lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users