• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 brentong

brentong

sticking around

• 36 posts
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 24 October 2011 - 11:12 am

I am unable to wait for the TDUT12 so I am heading over to have a look at the Bombala Bike Show on the 19th of November.
Any one else going to be there? It would be great to meet up with other TDMers.
I will be heading back around to Omeo to re-ride some of the roads from TDUT 2010
Brenton

#2 Trotski

Trotski

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 24 October 2011 - 10:38 pm

If I can get some reno finished at home I might be able to get a leave pass, I'm already going out on the Snowy Ride on the 5th Nov but I should be able to get down to Bombala, it's only an hour and a half away from me (good ride too)

BTW if your coming up via Omeo don't miss the Bonang Hwy, 105km of twisty road and it will take you right in to Bombala via Delegate
Trotski

All ways remember, A Pessimist Is Never Disappointed

'98 CT200P AutoAg , '93 Purple Kawasaki ZZR 250, 2004 Black Kawasaki ZZR 250 2005 Black Kawasaki ZZR 250
1999 Baltic Blue TDM 850 2010 Black TDM900

#3 graeme

graeme

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • TDM model: 2009

Posted 25 October 2011 - 10:51 am

QUOTE(brentong @ Mon 24th Oct 2011, 10:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am unable to wait for the TDUT12 so I am heading over to have a look at the Bombala Bike Show on the 19th of November.
Any one else going to be there? It would be great to meet up with other TDMers.
I will be heading back around to Omeo to re-ride some of the roads from TDUT 2010
Brenton

Hi Brenton, wont be going to Bombala but of course would like to catch up while you are in Omeo. I know I have a meeting in Omeo on 20th, when are you going to be around?
cheers Graeme

#4 brentong

brentong

sticking around

• 36 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 11:38 am

QUOTE(Trotski @ Mon 24th Oct 2011, 11:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If I can get some reno finished at home I might be able to get a leave pass, I'm already going out on the Snowy Ride on the 5th Nov but I should be able to get down to Bombala, it's only an hour and a half away from me (good ride too)

BTW if your coming up via Omeo don't miss the Bonang Hwy, 105km of twisty road and it will take you right in to Bombala via Delegate

Sounds like you will be able to get down to Bombala and do some work on the reno.
Would be good to catch up I will be heading up from Eden and staying at Dalgety that night.

#5 brentong

brentong

sticking around

• 36 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 11:48 am

QUOTE(graeme @ Tue 25th Oct 2011, 11:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Brenton, wont be going to Bombala but of course would like to catch up while you are in Omeo. I know I have a meeting in Omeo on 20th, when are you going to be around?
cheers Graeme

Omeo on Sunday is doable but it will be dependant on the weather the rider coming with me is a bit of a girl when it comes to too much rain and cold. Actually that would be my wife she rides a Versys (its like a 4/5 scale TDM).

#6 graeme

graeme

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 09:57 am

QUOTE(brentong @ Thu 27th Oct 2011, 10:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Omeo on Sunday is doable but it will be dependant on the weather the rider coming with me is a bit of a girl when it comes to too much rain and cold. Actually that would be my wife she rides a Versys (its like a 4/5 scale TDM).

Hi Brenton, knew I said that wrong in last post. Please dont alter your plans for my sake!. All I meant by being in Omeo on Sunday was that i have to attend a meeting for about 3 hrs which curtails what else i can do. I am only limited by the need to go to work at 3.30pm. If you are coming through monday or Wed or whatever I will try and catch up with you. Fantastic your wife is with you!! Hello Mrs Brenton.
You missed out (everyone did) on going the Falls Creek road, you will like that and it will take you to the same place (Bright) the Hotham road will.
And, for sure as trotski has suggested, try and do the Bogong Rd.
cheers graeme

#7 brentong

brentong

sticking around

• 36 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 10:58 am

QUOTE(graeme @ Fri 28th Oct 2011, 10:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Brenton, knew I said that wrong in last post. Please dont alter your plans for my sake!. All I meant by being in Omeo on Sunday was that i have to attend a meeting for about 3 hrs which curtails what else i can do. I am only limited by the need to go to work at 3.30pm. If you are coming through monday or Wed or whatever I will try and catch up with you. Fantastic your wife is with you!! Hello Mrs Brenton.
You missed out (everyone did) on going the Falls Creek road, you will like that and it will take you to the same place (Bright) the Hotham road will.
And, for sure as trotski has suggested, try and do the Bogong Rd.
cheers graeme

Hi Graeme Ahh so many roads and so little time.
I will definately catch up with you on the Sunday or Monday. probably arrive lateish on Sunday and do the Falls Creek Hotham Loop on Monday (will you be able to join us?)
What is the condition of the roads in from the North now? How much dirt? The intention is to come in via the road through Benambra and leave via the Omeo Highway.
Trotski, Hows the leave pass going for Bombla?

#8 Trotski

Trotski

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 12:47 am

yeah i'll be there about 0930-1000 on Sat
Trotski

'98 CT200P AutoAg , '93 Purple Kawasaki ZZR 250, 2004 Black Kawasaki ZZR 250 2005 Black Kawasaki ZZR 250

#9 graeme

graeme

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 10:15 am

QUOTE(brentong @ Wed 2nd Nov 2011, 09:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Graeme Ahh so many roads and so little time.
I will definately catch up with you on the Sunday or Monday. probably arrive lateish on Sunday and do the Falls Creek Hotham Loop on Monday (will you be able to join us?)
What is the condition of the roads in from the North now? How much dirt? The intention is to come in via the road through Benambra and leave via the Omeo Highway.
Trotski, Hows the leave pass going for Bombla?

Hi Brenton, Monday morning at the bakery and will do the loop with you (excellent!). The Corryong Rd (north of benambra) is generally ok, has about 50km of dirt and some bits can be a bit rough but its not a slippery one. You both obviously do long distances so this will be a piece of cake. BMW tourers do it all the time.
cheers Graeme

Edited by graeme, 03 November 2011 - 10:18 am.

#10 Trotski

Trotski

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 04:16 am

Hey Brenton, which way are you coming in to Bombala? from the South, our from the Cooma side ?
Trotski

#11 brentong

brentong

sticking around

• 36 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 04:21 am

QUOTE(Trotski @ Sun 13th Nov 2011, 05:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey Brenton, which way are you coming in to Bombala? from the South, our from the Cooma side ?

We are coming up from Eden and then through to Buckleys Crossing Pub

#12 brentong

brentong

sticking around

• 36 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 10:10 am

We are back home. 3800 ks over 9 days.
we did the Great Ocean Road and followed the coast around to Eden, went to the Bombala Bike Show and then on to Dalgetty where we stayed in the Buckleys Crossing Pub. I can recommend the Pub for anyone who is thinking of staying there in March.
From there it was onto the Alpine way and the only time it rained. The Omeo Highway was a great ride and I suspect it will become very popular once the last 30 kilometers are sealed. Next it was over Falls Creek and Hotham and then back over Hotham and back to Adelaide.
Thanks Trotski and Graeme it was good to share a ride a chat and your local road knowledge.
Brenton

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users