2 replies to this topic

#1 Naur

Naur

sticking around

• 27 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 25 March 2016 - 08:40 pm

Hi all,

Finished installation of a Discovers seat cover off ebay http://www.ebay.co.u...=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

The vinyl is slightly thinner than the original, but fine quality in my opinion, also it makes for easier installation, as it is easier to stretch. 
The installation itself goes from front to back, after removing the old cover and the seat lock, simply install from the from, keeping everything tight and nice. 
The cover has to seams, one after the rise at the front of the seat, and one before the passenger section starts. 

I strongly recommend being two when doing the installation, that way one can stretch, and one can staple. 
It takes a little time, but I really like the result. 

The bike looks ten years younger after the new cover is on. 
For 32 pound including postage to Denmark, I say it is a bargain!

Cheers, Peter

#2 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,735 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 25 March 2016 - 08:49 pm

Put a photo up Peter, be nice to see it..

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#3 davytdm

davytdm

Carpe Addict

• PipPipPip
  • 349 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 02 August 2016 - 03:40 pm

just fitted one on mine very happy great job good quality cover

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: seat cover

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users