#1 trevini

trevini

has been here 4ever

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,779 posts
  • TDM model: 2004

Posted 11 February 2016 - 09:30 am

With the passing of a great mate and fellow biker, I've started this thread to share your happy memories of the big man. A kind of book of condolence if you will, but with a happy theme.

I'll start the ball rolling. 

First time I met Moose was at the Red Lodge cafe just before one of the early East Anglian g2gs. He turned up with Stormy and had bloody tractor tyres on his TDM. The last time I saw him was just a few days ago, out for a birthday meal with me and some other friends. He demolished a huge plate of ribs, ordered a dessert that arrived in a very fancy looking pint glass stacked several inches above the top...and a diet coke to go with it. 

2004 Galaxy Blue. Owned since 486 miles.Renthal 755 bars, Bagster tank cover, Oxford heated grips, DL650 hand guards, Double Bubble screen, Scorpion Rad guard, Gel pad insert, HLD undertray, Angry Badger tailtidy,  Michelin Road 5s, Givi E21s, E46 topbox, Ohlins shock and YSS cartridge emulators   Currently not fitted - PC3, Remus Revolutions.

LCErj.jpg

Putting up with the "niner" jokes since 2005
Check out http://www.hotcoldground.co.uk we're really rather good!
Like food? I feed people -  SmokinGrillGuy <p>

#2 TDMick

TDMick

TDMick

• 3,830 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 11 February 2016 - 09:47 am

I first met him on one of the E Anglian G2gs.

A BIG bloke in all senses of the word, with one switch, full on.

Loved Bikes and riding and something called "Foot the ball" IIRC.

The pic below, is typical of the photos of Andy, smiling. They rode down to the Ace for coffee, and it was a freezing cold day!

Mad as a box of Frogs, but a lovely guy. :angel:

Attached Files

Growing old is compulsory, growing up is optional
Who dies with the most toys wins!

2010 'stealth' grey 900. '14 plate. engine bars, Centre stand, datatool alarm, datatag, E22s, Cree DRLs, Barkbuster handguards, Carpe sticker. Led running lights

#3 ChrisG

ChrisG

Resident vulture

• 8,276 posts
  • TDM model: 2009

Posted 11 February 2016 - 10:53 am

RTT 12, Moose, Trev and myself stopped at the cake shop at Ballintoy harbour, Moose was so impressed he proposed to the owner :D

205239_10150920070496012_1142603075_n.jp

483215_10150920070196012_1612428890_n.jp

1992 Mk1, 76k miles, Hagon springs, MTC exhaust, 4½ gears Gone now :(
2009 900 abs, 42k miles, Yamaha heated grips, double bubble screen, R&G crash bungs, scottoiler, Autocom, 1500 lumen LED spotlights.

post-1-1152402501.jpgpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#4 chrisr

chrisr

has been here 4ever

• 1,746 posts

Posted 11 February 2016 - 11:18 am

Terrible news, haven't seen Moose for a while but he and Trev were very welcoming when I first got my Tdm and ventured up to East Anglia for a g2g. Later went with them to N Ireland and had a great time, we'll all miss him, condolences to his family. Take care!

The Blue One : 2004 model owned 2010-2018 much loved, much missed and now living with a man in Scotland
The Black One : 2010 Model Registered 2013 owned 2018 - present.Beowulf Cans. Renthal 755s Grip Puppies,15w fork oil,DL650 handguards,givi engine bars,led spotlights,gipro gear indicator,shortened dogbones,LeeHenty CSM kit and stainless bits,Topsellerie seat,MRA Xcreen,grip puppies.PC III (dynoed). K&N airfilter,Fenda extenda.

#5 leehenty

leehenty

Backstreet Mechanikin'

• 5,091 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 11 February 2016 - 11:51 am

I first met Moose on Carpe and then in person at Grantham Honda where he handed me a brake caliper with a seized pin that the engineer at his work said was scrap.

He was the first Carpe member to have stainless brake pins made, as I had to put something back after drilling out the rusty ones. Moose used to pm me with ideas about things he wanted and very often ended up with the first prototype ones on his 850 and later his niner. 

When he had his niner it had stainless nearly everything as he wanted it to be shiny. It was Moose who started it all off, making bits for TDM's.

He visited many times and was also a visitor at the master engineers (aka my dad) when he wanted a part turned for the VFR for which I didn't have the right tool.

It was Moose who called it the House of Henty when he came to have the c/s mech fixed. I'll never forget his face when one bolt was so seized, that I took off the entire throttle body assembly and put it on the miller.

It was only at that point he asked " er you sure you can put this all back together ?"

He had the strange knack of being able to snap off bolt heads in an instant to begin with, but we trained this out by giving him a torque wrench.

He was fascinated by helicoils and some of the tools we came up with to get out of a problem. He was always willing to give anything a go, even turning some bits on the lathe himself.

Moose was a big lad and lived life full on all the time. I have never seen him not have a smile except the day when the VFR stator died and it was going to be major surgery to get the new one in.

We got the tools out and and got stuck in all day. He had a smile as wide as the horizon when it was all back together and running.

I'll remember the enthusiasm and optimism he had that we could fix anything. He was always in the thick of it at fettle days and gave his time to help others generously.

The cakes he used to bake himself were awesome, he used to bring one along every time he visited.

Baking is something I could never master, but Moose made fantastic cakes.

Moose, one of the good guys, sorely missed.

2002 900 silver,oil pressure switch with brass 90 degree conversion, RG fork protectors. Wilburs custom made rear Shock with remote hydraulic preload and RG shocktube, Wilburs front springs. Scotoiler with a custom made swing arm delivery unit. Silicone radiator hoses.BMW 1150 handguards with Touratech extensions, Carbon Fibre yoke cover and fender extenda, MRA flip screen, Yamaha Engine bars, SW Motech Centre Stand, Kappa wingrack three box Luggage with E21's as option from the K960 boxes, Zumo 660 satnav on Touratech mount, Led Voltage monitor, Baglux tank cover, Clear LED Rear light, Aux LED brake light, BikeVis bullet LED's under front  nose,Stainless rear axle nut, stainless chain adjusters, stainless wheel spacers front and rear, Probolt Polished Stainless Flanged Hex engine screws, Polished stainless fairing screws, stainless disc bolts. Titanium brake pins front, Probolt Titanium Flanged Hex Front Caliper Bolts & Rear caliper slide pins Adventure Spec Tool tube under rear rack, left and right sides with custom alloy mounts.<p>Top Sellerie double gel pad seat. Carbon Fibre inner dash and side infill panels. Anodised black alloy swingarm pivot bolt covers and footpegs, Nano II Gear indicator.

#6 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

seagull squadron leader & founding member of GoatTracKrew

• 9,336 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 11 February 2016 - 12:07 pm

Out on a ride out, I forget date and location, he couldn't decide on which dessert to have so ordered all 4.
Where everyou are i hope the roads are twisty.

"Never argue with an idiot. They just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"
My TDM :
Black 1991 850 MK1, 160k+ miles(ish, best guess really, gave up trying to keep count after 3rd set of clocks and 3rd engine), PilotRoad2 tyres, custom stubby exhaust system, bluespot calipers & goodridge braided hoses with dunlopads, maxton forks, Ohlins shock, kedo handguards, stainless TDM grill, Scottoiler with lubetube & dual nozzle thingy, Givi Wingrack2 with E45 & 2xE36s, renntec crash bars, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider2, Optimate IIIsp, Bagster tank cover, anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led spotlights, heated grips, new braided lines and rear caliper that actually has bleed nipples
Silver-ish 2003 900, 70k miles, PilotRoad3 front tyre (new@65k) & PR2 rear(new at 69k), Renthal 755 bars with KTM handguards, oxford unheated grips, power commander 3usb, scorpion titanium exhausts, standard screen with vario winglet thingy, stainless grill, oem centre stand, bagster tank cover, givi monokey topplate mounted on grabrail with V46 topbox, Givi PL pannier rails with E21s, crash bungs, mirror extender thingys, Halfords Advanced Laser Blue brillance bulbs, 21w led spotlights, touring scottoiler with leehenty dual nozzle, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider3 Urban, winter style anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led brake light strip, replacement heated grips

current rides : TDM850 3vd/mk1=tourer&scratcher, TRX850=weekend twisty toy, 2003 TDM900=commuter, 2005 
TDM900=unmolested.  Gone but not forgotton : XTZ750=overland touring toy, GS500e, GS125
If a strange looking truck driver honks at you & gives you the thumbs up, its could be me  :good:

#7 dandywarhol

dandywarhol

Carpe Citizen

• 5,324 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 11 February 2016 - 12:23 pm

I remember on the ride out on the Antrim coast in Ireland when Moose had that VFR with open pipes. I was sitting behind him for a bit but the reverberations from these pipes gave me a blinding headache, so I just had to get past him! Wasn't long til he came past again to play more of his pipe crescendo.

From memory, it wasn't til we got out of Glenarm and a fast righthander came on the horizon that I managed to finally get past Moose and I think Trevor too - just to escape the howling V4.

Everything was loud about Moose - seemed to live life to the full  :)

Keep 'er lit, wherever you are!

Edited by dandywarhol, 11 February 2016 - 12:52 pm.

1967 Yamaha TD1C 250, 2014 Kawasaki W800, 2011 Aprilia Tuono 1000 V4, 2020 Yamaha XSR900

"At the cutting edge of technophobia" Scotland_180-animated-flag-gifs.gif mccoy.gif

#8 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• 10,757 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 11 February 2016 - 01:13 pm

Although i knew Moose through this Forum it was'nt until i went to one of the G2G when i 1st met him in person, he was late getting there of course, his wingman had a rear puncture as they set off and it was Moose did the running around to get him sorted, he got his tent up only to find he'd forgotten his sleeping bag, could'nt believe he actually slept in the tent that night it was bloody freezing, so it was on the second night i had the pleasure of letting him in my caravan and that was the start.

God could he talk, so much in fact i sometimes felt like i was married to him, well that along with the snoring, i've had the pleasure of going down sarf and a bit wonky on a few occasions and stopping with Moose, a big man hug was always the greeting when you arrived along with that big chubby smile of his, he's been to visit a couple of times and we even managed to cook enough food  :D

We've spent a couple of weekends riding North Wales  together, some of the best riding in years in his company he did'nt care which route you took him on so long as he was riding, shame he rode a Honda by then else he wudda kept up  ;)

Sounds cheesy when people say what a wonderful person he was but it's a fact which many on here can testify, Diamond geezer 100%

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#9 AliG

AliG

has been here 4ever

• 1,446 posts

Posted 11 February 2016 - 01:22 pm

Although i knew Moose through this Forum it was'nt until i went to one of the G2G when i 1st met him in person, he was late getting there of course, his wingman had a rear puncture as they set off and it was Moose did the running around to get him sorted, he got his tent up only to find he'd forgotten his sleeping bag, could'nt believe he actually slept in the tent that night it was bloody freezing, so it was on the second night i had the pleasure of letting him in my caravan and that was the start.

God could he talk, so much in fact i sometimes felt like i was married to him, well that along with the snoring, i've had the pleasure of going down sarf and a bit wonky on a few occasions and stopping with Moose, a big man hug was always the greeting when you arrived along with that big chubby smile of his, he's been to visit a couple of times and we even managed to cook enough food  :D

We've spent a couple of weekends riding North Wales  together, some of the best riding in years in his company he did'nt care which route you took him on so long as he was riding, shame he rode a Honda by then else he wudda kept up  ;)

Sounds cheesy when people say what a wonderful person he was but it's a fact which many on here can testify, Diamond geezer 100%

Met him at the same G2G in East Anglia. Larger than life just about sums him up. Definitely one of life's characters and as has been said above, he will be sorely missed.

Ali

2004 900 - Blue with lots of goodies

2012 900 - Still adding shiny bits. Was black, changed to white and now back to black again.

#10 Catteeclan

Catteeclan

full o shoite

• 2,442 posts

Posted 11 February 2016 - 06:23 pm

I remember that G2G. Small campsite on the end Mildenhall airport I think. He'd just got the VFR. As the night went on and beer flowed he got louder and funnier. Took the piss out of everyone but mostly his mate, sireastwood?

Climbed in my tent and chucked for most of the night.

2002 TDM900 Yellow

#11 sidestand

sidestand

Carpe Citizen

• 3,456 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 11 February 2016 - 08:22 pm

First time I met him was in a McDonalds by the A1 - he was on that yellow & silver Mk1 ......we had to wait for him after the side panels flew off - he laughed it off & zip tied them back on.

Loved that time we all camped at Trev's house & went to watch the group down the pub.

Regret not going down to see the ZZR, looked lovely ..............Great bloke & a sad loss 

post-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gifpost-1-1152402501.jpgThe older I get, the better I was

96 MkII in yellow & silver with bluespots, braided lines, Remus 2 into 1, Hagon rear shock & fork springs, bashplate, heated grips,Motech pannier racks, Road Attacks, Jockoiler, Baglux tank cover & bag. Gone to a far better place - hasn't it Remo?
Another 96 Mk2 in yellow & silver - absolutely standard & pristine ( apart from a butchered rear mudguard - but I'm looking for a new one
'76 Suzuki GT500 Stroker in need of a rebuild
'80 Yamaha XT250 mudplugger
another '81 XT250
'91 BMW R80GS - this one really will do a RTW trip
'05 BMW K1200S - inline four with a shaft
'10 BMW R1200GSA Anniversary Edition
'02 Fazer 1000 - 4 carbs are better than 2 ! - water pump rebuilt by Mr Ramrod Engineering
'00 Triumph Adventurer - Cruiser with a difference - British & a triple
Gary's Bathtub - '99 BMW K1200RS in luvverly pillarbox red . Now been Waspycycled to Nuneaton
And the Latest Addition - a nice BMW G650 XCountry greenlaner - on long term loan to Boy Wonder

1996 Kawasaki KH125 Stroker

2000 TDM Mk2A - nicely Studleyfied - Modified by Masterbrewer, but we've fixed that now !

BMW K1300R

2004 TDM 900 in Silver/Blue - heated grips, MRA vary screen, Wilbers rear shock & engine bars to fit 

BMW S1000XR in white 

#12 trevini

trevini

has been here 4ever

• 1,779 posts

Posted 11 February 2016 - 08:49 pm

Wasn't that the time when Jolly tried to reach across and put the brake on? I'm pretty sure I have a video of the panel flying off somewhere.

2004 Galaxy Blue. Owned since 486 miles.Renthal 755 bars, Bagster tank cover, Oxford heated grips, DL650 hand guards, Double Bubble screen, Scorpion Rad guard, Gel pad insert, HLD undertray, Angry Badger tailtidy,  Michelin Road 5s, Givi E21s, E46 topbox, Ohlins shock and YSS cartridge emulators   Currently not fitted - PC3, Remus Revolutions.

LCErj.jpg

#13 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,214 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 11 February 2016 - 09:41 pm

I remember the flying panel, think we'd only done a couple o miles and off it flew across the road.  Luckily Jolly had some tiewraps to hand.  Later on we all stopped in a lay-bye and Moose cracked open a carton of homemade cookies.  Sorry if they're a bit dry mate, he says, I think the eggs were too small.

First time I met him I'd gone down to his for a fettle day, along with Trev and Kaustic, we were all treated to a fantastic homemade full brekky for our troubles.  Even though we failed to diagnose the problem with his bike. :rolleyes:

I also met up with him on the A1 at Blyth when he was bringing home his shiny black 9'er.  Reckon I saw his big grin before I saw his bike pulling into the services.  Strangely enough, not, food was also included in the meet, we both had a maccy d's and fries. :)

Difficult to mention Moose without mentioning food.  I'll be thinking of him whenever I raise a slice of cake.

Taken from Moose's sig

Without cake, we are merely just people who ride bikes

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#14 TDMick

TDMick

TDMick

• 3,830 posts

Posted 11 February 2016 - 10:07 pm

First time I met him was in a McDonalds by the A1 - he was on that yellow & silver Mk1 ......we had to wait for him after the side panels flew off - he laughed it off & zip tied them back on.

Loved that time we all camped at Trev's house & went to watch the group down the pub.

Regret not going down to see the ZZR, looked lovely ..............Great bloke & a sad loss 

I think this was then, My first G2G with you guys back in 2011

RV was McD's car park.

Attached File  IMG_0041.JPG   221.38KB   0 downloads

For a munch.

Attached File  IMG_0043.JPG   179.96KB   0 downloads

For a change of pace.Burger King.

Attached File  IMG_0048.JPG   169KB   0 downloads

Happier times.

Attached File  IMG_0058.JPG   243.6KB   0 downloads

Edited by TDMick, 11 February 2016 - 10:36 pm.

Growing old is compulsory, growing up is optional
Who dies with the most toys wins!

2010 'stealth' grey 900. '14 plate. engine bars, Centre stand, datatool alarm, datatag, E22s, Cree DRLs, Barkbuster handguards, Carpe sticker. Led running lights

#15 Geordie Guy

Geordie Guy

Carpe Citizen

• 3,502 posts

Posted 12 February 2016 - 06:26 am

Here is the cable tie incident on video.

http://vid174.photob...zpscqhwgzfi.mp4

Also a few more clips with Andy in them of the same GTG

http://vid174.photob...zpsoraylq7o.mp4

more to follow

Edited by Geordie Guy, 12 February 2016 - 07:04 am.

I'm a TDM SNOB !!!!     "Adventure before Dementia"  

Kawasaki GT550, XJ900 Diversion, 2002 TDM 900 , 2008 TDM 900a, 2010 TDM 900a.

#16 sidestand

sidestand

Carpe Citizen

• 3,456 posts

Posted 12 February 2016 - 07:29 pm

Carpe History there !

Thanks for posting, all -  Especially Ivan for the vids -  Back in the days when we all rode TDM's  :good:

post-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gifpost-1-1152402501.jpgThe older I get, the better I was

96 MkII in yellow & silver with bluespots, braided lines, Remus 2 into 1, Hagon rear shock & fork springs, bashplate, heated grips,Motech pannier racks, Road Attacks, Jockoiler, Baglux tank cover & bag. Gone to a far better place - hasn't it Remo?
Another 96 Mk2 in yellow & silver - absolutely standard & pristine ( apart from a butchered rear mudguard - but I'm looking for a new one
'76 Suzuki GT500 Stroker in need of a rebuild
'80 Yamaha XT250 mudplugger
another '81 XT250
'91 BMW R80GS - this one really will do a RTW trip
'05 BMW K1200S - inline four with a shaft
'10 BMW R1200GSA Anniversary Edition
'02 Fazer 1000 - 4 carbs are better than 2 ! - water pump rebuilt by Mr Ramrod Engineering
'00 Triumph Adventurer - Cruiser with a difference - British & a triple
Gary's Bathtub - '99 BMW K1200RS in luvverly pillarbox red . Now been Waspycycled to Nuneaton
And the Latest Addition - a nice BMW G650 XCountry greenlaner - on long term loan to Boy Wonder

1996 Kawasaki KH125 Stroker

2000 TDM Mk2A - nicely Studleyfied - Modified by Masterbrewer, but we've fixed that now !

BMW K1300R

2004 TDM 900 in Silver/Blue - heated grips, MRA vary screen, Wilbers rear shock & engine bars to fit 

BMW S1000XR in white 

#17 trevini

trevini

has been here 4ever

• 1,779 posts

Posted 12 February 2016 - 08:12 pm

Some of us still do lol. Daniel sent me a txt earlier saying he'd foundva video thhat had Moose and Stormy in it. Must have been the first EA g2g.

LCErj.jpg

#18 CaptainSlow

CaptainSlow

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 709 posts

Posted 12 February 2016 - 08:29 pm

Here it is.  Pretty poor editing and footage, but memories is memories.  A good day.

https://www.youtube....h?v=ROn4F75kLBA

And 2010: https://www.youtube....h?v=ykp516fpnj0, features Jolly picking bits of fairing up from the verge as mentioned above!

Edited by CaptainSlow, 12 February 2016 - 08:35 pm.

1996 TDM850 in Yellow, Motad Nexxus, MK1 bashplate, Acerbis handguards, K&N, Xenons, Aux lamps, Bluespot calipers, Renthal 755 bars, DIY panniers, JBX-inspired gear indicator.  (Currently not on the road.)

Bikes wot I have had and dun't have any more: 1983 Honda CB125TDC, 1976 Kawasaki S1C (early KH250 stroker triple), 1986 Honda VF500F2, 1992 Kawasaki KLE500.

#19 Catteeclan

Catteeclan

full o shoite

• 2,442 posts

Posted 13 February 2016 - 07:02 am

Here it is.  Pretty poor editing and footage, but memories is memories.  A good day.

https://www.youtube....h?v=ROn4F75kLBA

And 2010: https://www.youtube....h?v=ykp516fpnj0, features Jolly picking bits of fairing up from the verge as mentioned above!

Haven't seen them before, good work.  :good:

2002 TDM900 Yellow

#20 Geordie Guy

Geordie Guy

Carpe Citizen

• 3,502 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 07:14 am

Saw this post about Andy written by his family.  http://www.huntspost...crash_1_4430772

I did write a post in here before but admin must have removed it. (no explanation needed)

Andy was one of lifes true characters, a big bloke and personality.

I enjoyed his whitty banter and will miss him.

Edited by Geordie Guy, 25 February 2016 - 07:14 am.

I'm a TDM SNOB !!!!     "Adventure before Dementia"  

Kawasaki GT550, XJ900 Diversion, 2002 TDM 900 , 2008 TDM 900a, 2010 TDM 900a.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users