#1 tullyhubbert

tullyhubbert

Carpe Addict

• PipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 04 November 2018 - 10:53 pm

https://postimg.cc/gallery/2hs8oxv2c/

Hi all, not sure the pictures link above works, we'll see how that goes! If anyone wants more pictures of specific parts of the bike drop me an email address by PM.

2006 900A
35,730 miles
Excellent condition (Better than that but I don't believe that mint exists)
Tyres excellent: less than 2000 miles

Extras:
Givi pannier racks
SW Motech rear plate plus monokey plate
Givi engine bars
XTZ1200 Super Tenere hand guards
Yamaha mainstand
Oxford heated grips (Wired properly with relay)
Waterproof USB socket on bars, unplugs to use socket for trickle charger
Cigarette lighter socket under seat
Fender extender (+ flap extender) Done a great job of protecting engine paint
MRA Vario screen (Standard + tall touring screen also)
I may think of others which I'll add later

Servicing:
Oil/filter changed annually
Brakes serviced annually
It's had two coolant/brake fluid renewals
It has not had valve clearances checked yet

Certainly the best bike I've ever owned. Has run faultlessly returning 55-75mpg. I have a cleaning obsession, this shows in the bike condition. There is no corrosion anywhere on the bike (Thinks, well a little on the mainstand but it's a fitted extra which I keep well oiled) Paintwork is excellent all round. I've had the bike since 2011 and 14,000 miles. It had two previous owners and I bought it from a Carpe member.

Complication:
I live in Northern Ireland, 10 miles from Belfast ferry port. It should cost around £80 for Belfast/Liverpool ferry and less for Belfast/Scotland.

£2200

Just ask by reply or PM if you want to know anything else.

--
John

Edited by tullyhubbert, 10 November 2018 - 02:56 pm.

Signature test

#2 PICARD

PICARD

has been here 4ever

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts
  • TDM model: 2004

Posted 05 November 2018 - 05:55 am

That's mint in my book mate. I've had mine since brand new and don't remember it EVER being that clean!!
GOOD luck with the sale, someone's getting a great bike....hey!....Santa.......
Lock onto my co-ordinates and beam me up !!

04 900 - 92 mk 1 - r 1150 rs - Z550 A1 - 2x bonnies - plastic slug -XL185 - ...not in that order !! (and one or two i don't want / dare to own up to !!)

#3 pete7

pete7

RTT10 manager

• 2,078 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 05 November 2018 - 06:27 am

Looks superb ... abd a credit to you John.

Somebody is getting a grand machine

P7

Keep music live!

YouTube: pete7kcu

#4 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 05 November 2018 - 03:33 pm

Amazing condition, someone will be getting a bargain.

IMG-20180921-172301479-HDR.jpg

IMG-20180921-172355551.jpg

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#5 tullyhubbert

tullyhubbert

Carpe Addict

• PipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 05 November 2018 - 06:09 pm

Thanks for the kind comments in your replies all. Did you spot your heated grips controller bracket PICARD?  :lol:

I feel like I'm knocking on a bit now (54) I came to biking late and after 15 years on 4cyl sports bikes, I discovered my first twin in the 9er. It took a little (A lot actually) getting used to but after a few months I warmed to it and can honestly say it's the best bike I've ever owned. Not the fastest or prettiest but it does everything really really well and I've enjoyed owning it more than any other. The amount of bikers who start up a conversation saying they used to own an 850 or 900 or who are just really impressed by the shiny bike never ceases to amaze me, it drives my new expensive bike riding buddies nuts as they tend to get ignored  :rotflmmfao:

So why consider selling as I've often thought/said it's a 'keeper' I have an urge to own a few more different types of bikes, a bike bucket list you could say. I bought my first v-twin last year (An old naked SV) and had a hoot, it was sold last week. At some stage and in no particular order I want to own a Ducati, a Triple and a V4. I never want to own a Boxer ;) Some of the bikes that fit the bill are really sort of TDM replacements: Multistrada 950, Tracer, Tiger Sport, VFR800 for example. It makes no sense having 2 similar bikes and owning a 9er prevents me from considering/buying one these, that and running 2 bikes is expensive. Selling the 9er would give me the kick up the backside I need to try something else.

If my 9er doesn't sell I won't be too upset, it's not advertised anywhere else for now. 

I'm rambling, again!

Signature test

#6 Apache

Apache

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • TDM model: 1997

Posted 05 November 2018 - 06:24 pm

Won't sell ? Jeez telly,a dealer should give you 22 for it and then flog it for 3k. 900 not my thing but that's a minter matey....

#7 ramo

ramo

has been here 4ever

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 1,176 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 06 November 2018 - 08:34 am

Won't sell ? Jeez telly,a dealer should give you 22 for it and then flog it for 3k. 900 not my thing but that's a minter matey....

I had a 2005 a few months ago just has nice, prob more bits on it, only 11K miles wish I'd not got rid now, 

but anyway, went to 3 dealers, highest offered £1500,

they are old bikes now, and mileages are getting high, 

must say this is a cracking looking bike at a fair price, good luck with the sale mate

#8 JMC

JMC

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 257 posts
  • TDM model: 2000

Posted 06 November 2018 - 03:12 pm

Crikey that's a good deal she's a beauty, I would have bought that from you if it had been advertised a few months ago :(

I sold a sportsbike and bought back my old 850 but I have to say I would have taken that niner instead, best of luck with the sale you should have no bother selling a well minded bike like that

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!"
Hunter S. Thompson.

#9 tullyhubbert

tullyhubbert

Carpe Addict

• PipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 10 November 2018 - 02:57 pm

Now sold to a Carpe-tdm member.

Signature test

#10 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 10 November 2018 - 02:58 pm

Congratulations. :)

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#11 Apache

Apache

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • TDM model: 1997

Posted 10 November 2018 - 04:41 pm

Somebody got a good deal

#12 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,105 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 10 November 2018 - 04:46 pm

Whens the next cleaning workshop Tully? Ferry noice boike
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users