New TDMs in the U.S.?

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_ParamedicThad_*

Guest_ParamedicThad_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 September 2006 - 06:46 pm

I'm wondering....

Is there any prayer we'll ever see newer TDMs come to market here in the states?? I sure am jealous when I see all the pics of the later models!! yeahyeahyeah.gif

I don't suppose writing a friendly letter to the Yamaha guys will help..

#2 Guest_Emmett_*

Guest_Emmett_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 September 2006 - 06:53 pm

I suppose if enough letters were written it might make a difference. unsure.gif

#3 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,105 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 12 September 2006 - 06:55 pm

No need to be jealous....you have the 'best' model....it is all down hill from there.

Boop
dapleb
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#4 Guest_Emmett_*

Guest_Emmett_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 September 2006 - 07:13 pm

QUOTE(dapleb @ Tue 12th Sep 2006, 07:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No need to be jealous....you have the 'best' model....it is all down hill from there.

Boop
dapleb

rotflmmfao.gif rotflmmfao.gif

#5 AJ_Blizzard

AJ_Blizzard

Carpe junky

• PipPipPipPip
  • 453 posts
  • TDM model: 2006

Posted 12 September 2006 - 07:29 pm

QUOTE(dapleb @ Tue 12th Sep 2006, 08:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Boop
dapleb

Wow... Are you serious!? Why don't you elaborate? What's wrong with TDM 900?
TDM 900 2006 mod.:
MRA modded PUIG screen, air-box mod., Laser Duo-Tech cans, Powercommander, Symtec Motorcycle Grip Heater, Stebel Magnum (black), Centech AP-1 Auxiliary Fuse Panel, Hawkeoiler...

#6 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

seagull squadron leader & founding member of GoatTracKrew

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 9,336 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 12 September 2006 - 07:39 pm

QUOTE(AJ_Blizzard @ Tue 12th Sep 2006, 08:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What's wrong with TDM 900?

wifgeni.gif
its just a bit...well...gay looking tongue.gif ......too many funny lines.
mk1s are the best iwin.gif and 91-93 were the best years rockon.gif

jester2.gif

*runs for cover* isurrender.gif help.gif

"Never argue with an idiot. They just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"
My TDM :
Black 1991 850 MK1, 160k+ miles(ish, best guess really, gave up trying to keep count after 3rd set of clocks and 3rd engine), PilotRoad2 tyres, custom stubby exhaust system, bluespot calipers & goodridge braided hoses with dunlopads, maxton forks, Ohlins shock, kedo handguards, stainless TDM grill, Scottoiler with lubetube & dual nozzle thingy, Givi Wingrack2 with E45 & 2xE36s, renntec crash bars, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider2, Optimate IIIsp, Bagster tank cover, anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led spotlights, heated grips, new braided lines and rear caliper that actually has bleed nipples
Silver-ish 2003 900, 70k miles, PilotRoad3 front tyre (new@65k) & PR2 rear(new at 69k), Renthal 755 bars with KTM handguards, oxford unheated grips, power commander 3usb, scorpion titanium exhausts, standard screen with vario winglet thingy, stainless grill, oem centre stand, bagster tank cover, givi monokey topplate mounted on grabrail with V46 topbox, Givi PL pannier rails with E21s, crash bungs, mirror extender thingys, Halfords Advanced Laser Blue brillance bulbs, 21w led spotlights, touring scottoiler with leehenty dual nozzle, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider3 Urban, winter style anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led brake light strip, replacement heated grips

current rides : TDM850 3vd/mk1=tourer&scratcher, TRX850=weekend twisty toy, 2003 TDM900=commuter, 2005 
TDM900=unmolested.  Gone but not forgotton : XTZ750=overland touring toy, GS500e, GS125
If a strange looking truck driver honks at you & gives you the thumbs up, its could be me  :good:

#7 AJ_Blizzard

AJ_Blizzard

Carpe junky

• PipPipPipPip
  • 453 posts
  • TDM model: 2006

Posted 12 September 2006 - 08:26 pm

QUOTE(Toneski @ Tue 12th Sep 2006, 09:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
wifgeni.gif
jester2.gif

Ok... fair enough... I guess... dry.gif
Anyway, I like mine - brand new 2006 model banana.gif
TDM 900 2006 mod.:
MRA modded PUIG screen, air-box mod., Laser Duo-Tech cans, Powercommander, Symtec Motorcycle Grip Heater, Stebel Magnum (black), Centech AP-1 Auxiliary Fuse Panel, Hawkeoiler...

#8 Guest_Mungas_*

Guest_Mungas_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 September 2006 - 09:28 pm

QUOTE(Toneski @ Tue 12th Sep 2006, 08:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
wifgeni.gif
jester2.gif

ranting.gif putemup.gif ranting.gif

Can ya tell? i disagree....? altho the mk1's have a certain jennasayphwoar (thas french that is..) about em.

Edited by Mungas, 12 September 2006 - 09:31 pm.

#9 Baron

Baron

has been here 4ever

• 1,076 posts
  • Location:Drum Castle (well, next door), Kincardineshire.....well, I am a Baron!
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 12 September 2006 - 09:49 pm

QUOTE(Mungas @ Tue 12th Sep 2006, 10:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ranting.gif putemup.gif ranting.gif
Can ya tell? i disagree....? altho the mk1's have a certain jennasayphwoar (thas french that is..) about em.

Just gotta say...I think my 900 ROCKS!! rockon.gif
Gone but not forgotten: 2007 TDM900ABS Competition White, datatagged, fenda extenda, tomtom rider 1, Yamaha main stand, Yamaha heated grips, HID headlights, Yamaha top box & city side cases, MRA Vario screen, CLS200 automatic chain oiler, Yamaha belly pan, DL650 handguards, Gi-Pro X gear indicator, SW-Motech Mirror Extensions, LED side light, Stebel Nautilus AIR HORN!!!!!

(1974....KTM Comet Cross, RD250B, XS750, Wife & kids, DT175, Suzuki GT500, XT500, XT500 (modified), ZX-10 (the 1st one!), Yamaha TT600R, Suzuki GT750B, GT750K, '04 TDM900, GSX1100F, '07 TDM900A, '06 FJR1300A

#10 TDMTAM

TDMTAM

Carpe Citizen

• 4,205 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 12 September 2006 - 10:57 pm

jester2.gif

No, no, no, 1994 was the best year by far good.gif

TAM
2008 TDM 900 in BLACK, MRA Vario, DL handguards & more to come
1994 TDM 850 mkI Silver, with Blueflame end can, Gone to a new owner & I kinda miss her!

th_09062006104.jpg th_02012009095.jpg

Only a Biker knows why a Dog sticks it head out the car window

#11 David H

David H

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Posted 13 September 2006 - 12:28 am

wifgeni.gif

Must be black too. They have a sort of 80's chic......... unsure.gif

rotflmmfao.gif

#12 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

• 9,336 posts

Posted 13 September 2006 - 04:12 am

QUOTE(David H @ Wed 13th Sep 2006, 01:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Must be black too. They have a sort of 80's chic......... unsure.gif
rotflmmfao.gif

yup, and i quite like the matt exhausts yeahyeahyeah.gif i think they suite the bike more than the silver/shiney ones, and i'm normally a magpie blink.gif
just need to sort out that damn huuuuuge enterprise style collector box thingy and it would be very nice.

oh damn, thats another thing i wanna do to it.....

ps. i nearly bought a 9er last week as she was going cheap, they are nice bikes, but i still like the raw looks of the mk1 wink.gif

QUOTE(someone)
"its not better, just different"

cant understand yammy not selling 9ers in the USA, is it a legal issue or cost or summat?
has anyone asked them?

ok, now that i have offended about 90% of the people on this forum, and had a bit of a ramble i'm gonna go back to bed sorry.gif

"Never argue with an idiot. They just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"
My TDM :
Black 1991 850 MK1, 160k+ miles(ish, best guess really, gave up trying to keep count after 3rd set of clocks and 3rd engine), PilotRoad2 tyres, custom stubby exhaust system, bluespot calipers & goodridge braided hoses with dunlopads, maxton forks, Ohlins shock, kedo handguards, stainless TDM grill, Scottoiler with lubetube & dual nozzle thingy, Givi Wingrack2 with E45 & 2xE36s, renntec crash bars, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider2, Optimate IIIsp, Bagster tank cover, anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led spotlights, heated grips, new braided lines and rear caliper that actually has bleed nipples
Silver-ish 2003 900, 70k miles, PilotRoad3 front tyre (new@65k) & PR2 rear(new at 69k), Renthal 755 bars with KTM handguards, oxford unheated grips, power commander 3usb, scorpion titanium exhausts, standard screen with vario winglet thingy, stainless grill, oem centre stand, bagster tank cover, givi monokey topplate mounted on grabrail with V46 topbox, Givi PL pannier rails with E21s, crash bungs, mirror extender thingys, Halfords Advanced Laser Blue brillance bulbs, 21w led spotlights, touring scottoiler with leehenty dual nozzle, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider3 Urban, winter style anti-dazzle coating

current rides : TDM850 3vd/mk1=tourer&scratcher, TRX850=weekend twisty toy, 2003 TDM900=commuter, 2005 
TDM900=unmolested.  Gone but not forgotton : XTZ750=overland touring toy, GS500e, GS125
If a strange looking truck driver honks at you & gives you the thumbs up, its could be me  :good:

#13 Dazzo

Dazzo

Carpe groupie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 13 September 2006 - 06:19 am

QUOTE(TDMTAM @ Tue 12th Sep 2006, 11:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No, no, no, 1994 was the best year by far good.gif

TAM

Seconded banana.gif

#14 toddy

toddy

sticking around

• 38 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 13 September 2006 - 08:59 am

So, how many of you 900 haters out there bought one then sold it to return to the 850?

I don't think there is going to be any reply!!!

Get a 900 and enjoy.... If ya game!!!

Edited by toddy, 13 September 2006 - 09:00 am.

#15 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,105 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 13 September 2006 - 09:05 am

I don't think many/any Carpedians hate the 900. Its just that certain bikes suit a different kind of clientel tongue.gif ......for me, its the 850 and when pushed I sold the mkII to keep the mkI....if I had a 900, I'd a sold that before the mkII and the mkI. I totally respect your decision to buy a 900 and perhaps thats the 'best' bike for you....personally the 'best' for me is the mkI.
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#16 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

• 9,336 posts

Posted 13 September 2006 - 09:14 am

QUOTE(toddy @ Wed 13th Sep 2006, 09:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So, how many of you 900 haters out there bought one then sold it to return to the 850?
I don't think there is going to be any reply!!!
Get a 900 and enjoy.... If ya game!!!

awww....giv us a hug giveusahug.gif
i dont think there are any haters of the 9 cloud9.gif
we take the pi$$ for various reasons
jealousy - some would like it but cant afford it rolleyes.gif
styling - some prefer the looks of the older models pimp.gif
other - some have sentimental attachements to the 850. wub.gif

i agree with dappers on the re: sale, i'm keeping my mk1 permanently, if i have to sell one, it'll be whatever other bike i have at the time. good.gif

My TDM :

#17 laughin in a windstorm

laughin in a windstorm

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts
  • TDM model: none yet

Posted 13 September 2006 - 11:00 am

my 900 is the best TDM I've ever had.
it's not my time to go, it's not my time to die
the last thing I want is for my family to cry

#18 toddy

toddy

sticking around

• 38 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 13 September 2006 - 11:21 am

Thanks for the hug Toneski....I feel much better now....and somewhat aroused I must say......is that an aftermarket exhaust in your leathers?

#19 duibhce Kaelann

duibhce Kaelann

has been here 4ever

• 1,147 posts
  • TDM model: 2004

Posted 13 September 2006 - 11:22 am

my 900 is the only TDM I ever had. And right now it will only go for a very reasonably priced Buell Uly wink.gif
Yamaha XJ600S Diversion '94
Yamaha XJ900S Diversion '97
Suzuki SV650S '01
Yamaha TDM900 '04

Yamaha XT660Z Ténéré '08 + Yamaha TRX850 '97

I'll let go of my throttle when they pry it from my cold, dead hands...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users