16 replies to this topic

#1 Quartermaster

Quartermaster

900 going for ... 1000cc?

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 01 June 2016 - 08:59 am

Spookily, whilst perusing the BBC News website yesterday I got this screen which somehow sums up the new programme.

Attached Files

'73 Honda CB500 Four, Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Triumph Tiger Sport 660.

#2 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,214 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 01 June 2016 - 10:39 am

:lol:

It's that Chris Evans chappy, he's total toilet. :tdown:

Might improve once he's calmed down and given a voice over, but I fear it'll be dubbed the chris evans motor show. The filming is still top notch though. :good:  

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#3 Quartermaster

Quartermaster

900 going for ... 1000cc?

• 927 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 01 June 2016 - 01:08 pm

:lol:

It's that Chris Evans chappy, he's total toilet. :tdown:

Might improve once he's calmed down and given a voice over, but I fear it'll be dubbed the chris evans motor show. The filming is still top notch though. :good:  

My Sentiments too. The essence of the old one was three mates messing around having a laugh, even if it did get a bit prescriptive in the later series.. I don't see Chris Evans and Matt Leplonk being that matey.

'73 Honda CB500 Four, Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Triumph Tiger Sport 660.

#4 Gdogg

Gdogg

has been here 4ever

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 1,163 posts
  • TDM model: 2000

Posted 01 June 2016 - 04:11 pm

I watched through the rocket/gun equipped Yank tank debarcle and up to about half way through the Reliant Rialto farse and had to turn it off, shame as been a fan for last 20 years but not in this format !! Not being funny but that Sabine is prolly a very good racer and easy on the eye so to speak but you can't tell me there's not a single home grown racer (male or female) that can string a sentance together and be quick behind the wheel and the same goes for that Matt LeBlanc, OK he had a decent time as "a star in a reasonably priced car" but surely we must have a presenter with a UK passport capable of standing in front of a camera and telling us how good the latest Aston/Jag/AMG is for crysake !!

Rant over :badgerrock:

Edited by Gdogg, 01 June 2016 - 04:44 pm.

<p> Now Sold 😔......850 MK2A 4TX6 in Silver, Stainless steel hand rolled slip on end can, stainless 2into1 headers, K&N air filter, Hagon progressive front springs, Gdogg modified rear shock, Else Made "Ridgeback" Gel Seat, Gdogg under seat fender extender, Powrspark leads, Carbon fiber effect vinyl wrap fairing decals & logos, Michelin Pilot Road2's, V-Strom hand guards, Givi monorack & box (colour matched side rails).

#5 arthurbikemad

arthurbikemad

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 01 June 2016 - 04:24 pm

Someone sent me this, means nothing to me as I never watched it  :P

13327441_810354382397584_193764616359902

2012 Grey 900, Dual HIDs, Fork gaiters, Yam centre stand, Givi crash bars, S320 DRLs custom mounts, PAIR removed, Modded airbox, K&N, Warrior cans, PC3 - Custom map 81bhp @ 65ft-lb, Lambda removed, HM Quickshifter (removed), Evans waterless coolant, Hel lines, Dome SS exhaust nuts, Clear winker lenses, Yamaha +145 Screen + MRA X-creen, Heated grips with relay cut out and custom carbon mount, DL Hand Guards and milled bar ends, SW barback risers, 5w SMD LED side light, LED stop/tail reflectors, 2 x Front mudguard extenders, Custom rear under hugger, Hugger extender, Wrapped HT leads, Aux power sockets, Givi V47NN Top box with LED stop, SW motech mount, Givi PL347 mount and E21s, SW Motech Evo Tank bag, Stainless rad guard, Top Sellerie gel seat, RAM mounts for sat nav and phone, Handy tube and more.     Follow me on twitter @arthurbikemad

#6 muddy

muddy

full o shoite

• 2,973 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 01 June 2016 - 05:20 pm

The whole appeal with Jeremy and the lads was the mate banter and underlying two fingers up to the PC brigade. I bet the pink mafia were just waiting to find a way to oust them. The only surprise is that they didn't go full diversity and bring in 'Kellie' Maloney.

Blue 04 TDM,PR2 rear Roadsmart front, Yamaha topox, Givi E360 panniers, PL pannier holders, BMW handguards, Yamaha touring screen, Scottoiler, 12v ciggie socket, carbon core HT leads

Gorn :sorry:

#7 Gdogg

Gdogg

has been here 4ever

• 1,163 posts
  • TDM model: 2000

Posted 01 June 2016 - 05:59 pm

The whole appeal with Jeremy and the lads was the mate banter and underlying two fingers up to the PC brigade. I bet the pink mafia were just waiting to find a way to oust them. The only surprise is that they didn't go full diversity and bring in 'Kellie' Maloney.

Co - presenters could be Eddie Izzard and Cait Kardashian :rotflmmfao:

<p> Now Sold 😔......850 MK2A 4TX6 in Silver, Stainless steel hand rolled slip on end can, stainless 2into1 headers, K&N air filter, Hagon progressive front springs, Gdogg modified rear shock, Else Made "Ridgeback" Gel Seat, Gdogg under seat fender extender, Powrspark leads, Carbon fiber effect vinyl wrap fairing decals & logos, Michelin Pilot Road2's, V-Strom hand guards, Givi monorack & box (colour matched side rails).

#8 Oafski

Oafski

Carpe Regular

• Pip
  • 141 posts

Posted 01 June 2016 - 06:30 pm

Just a thought but could the "International" cast have anything to do with the BBC's desire/need to sell the series Worldwide.

"No good deed goes unpunished"

"Lags Droopfinger" The Biking Viking

OCD- Old Coffin Dodger

#9 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,214 posts

Posted 04 July 2016 - 06:59 pm

Chris Evans resigns from Top Gear. :tup:

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#10 muddy

muddy

full o shoite

• 2,973 posts

Posted 04 July 2016 - 09:23 pm

More hubris from the BBC. There is no Top Gear without Clarkson. This was always gonna end badly.

Blue 04 TDM,PR2 rear Roadsmart front, Yamaha topox, Givi E360 panniers, PL pannier holders, BMW handguards, Yamaha touring screen, Scottoiler, 12v ciggie socket, carbon core HT leads

#11 Rallyist

Rallyist

Gettin to be an 'Old Bugger'

• 3,253 posts
  • Location:Usually in a Hospital somewhere in the Birmingham area

Posted 05 July 2016 - 08:06 am

This was obvious keeping a programs old format and just replacing the front men will never work they needed to put a totally different stamp on it anyway Evans is a dick-head.

For a challenging summer try the

Round Britain Rally.....  

1993 TDM 850 Mk1 ..... 2008 TDM 900 ....  1975, 1979, 1982, 1992 Goldwings, Scott, AJS,  Triumph 5TA

#12 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,118 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 05 July 2016 - 11:52 am

I resigned from top gear a long time ago!
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#13 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• 10,757 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 05 July 2016 - 06:25 pm

Me an all dappers, Clarkson got so far up his own jacksy it became a switch over, not watched it since.

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#14 ramo

ramo

has been here 4ever

• 1,179 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 05 July 2016 - 07:23 pm

Me an all dappers, Clarkson got so far up his own jacksy it became a switch over, not watched it since.

:good:  :good:

#15 danceswithmopeds

danceswithmopeds

full o shoite

• 2,425 posts
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 05 July 2016 - 09:03 pm

Cameron, Boris, Farage & now Chris Evans all quit their jobs in the same week..
Is Louis Walsh putting together a new Boyband?

#16 fixitsan

fixitsan

Carpe Citizen

• 4,676 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 06 July 2016 - 07:23 am

Problem for me was, even though I'm not a Chris Evans fan, he wasn't being Chris Evans but instead  tried to be Clarkson. If he'd been himself I think it would've worked better..... or wouldn't have been as cringey

Matlock Blanco was okay in parts, but way too dramatic

Keith Richards and Mick Jagger would've been a better bet, although a bit more expensive to hire.......The show could've started  with Keith Richards hanging out of the door of a  Vauxhall Viva, parked up in a tree, saying " They don't make them like the used to"......cue theme tune....

900 with better bits. Owes me nothing, Makes me smile

#17 muddy

muddy

full o shoite

• 2,973 posts

Posted 06 July 2016 - 10:41 am

Keith Richards and Mick Jagger would've been a better bet, although a bit more expensive to hire.......The show could've started  with Keith Richards hanging out of the door of a  Vauxhall Viva, parked up in a tree, saying " They don't make them like the used to"......cue theme tune....

Now that might be worth paying a license fee for😊

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users