#1 Matlock

Matlock

Carpe Citizen

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,913 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 26 June 2016 - 08:57 pm

Ivan is going to love this. Had a great morning's running out cross-country to Betws-y-Coed on the Crosstourer this morning (sorry, left the TDM in the garage :hide: ). For the last 20 miles or so, I caught up with a pair of BMW GS1200 riders, same bikes, matching BMW textile suits, helmets  & boots. Followed them all the way into the car park opposite the station, parked up next to them, took my lid off, smiled and said 'Hi'. They both completely blanked me :rant: . I followed them out of the car park on foot and they passed another GS rider dismounting, and they stopped to talk to him. I popped back to the bike 5 minutes later to get a fleece out of the top box and they were still talking, about lowered seat options now. Grabbed a coffee & cake went back to the bike after another 20 minutes and they're still yapping, though they'd moved onto other aspects of the BMW accessory catalogue by now  :blink: . Each time I passed them, they ignored me. I got on the bike & rode past them, ignored again. I know not all BM riders are like this, but what is it about that bike that seems to attract this type of arsehole? 

2002 TDM900 in glorious yellowNOW SOLD  :( 

2012 Honda Crosstourer VFR1200X. Hyperspeed tourer.

1990 XTZ750 in black, standard apart from Micron silencer. Mechanical restoration complete, cosmetic restoration next on the agenda.. NOW SOLD  :( 

Follow me on twitter

#2 Robodene

Robodene

Robodene

• 1,513 posts

Posted 26 June 2016 - 09:48 pm

I regard their car drivers with equal disdain. They love to mess with you. One was very keen to have me off last Tuesday. Perhaps owners on here could explain that rudeness.
1940s Ariel 350 (ex-military) Khaki > Black & White '56' Kymco Venox 250 Metallic Grey '56' TDM 900/A (ABS) Silver[b] '56' Yamaha MT-03 White <p>[b] '14' Yamaha MT-07 Matt Grey[b] '17' Honda Rebel 500 

#3 muddy

muddy

full o shoite

• 2,973 posts

Posted 26 June 2016 - 10:24 pm

OK, I know there's a NAXALT argument, but I don't consider GS rangers or Harley weekend cruisers as bikers and neither to they if the routine lack of acknowledgment is anything to go by. But I'll carry on nodding, you never know.

Blue 04 TDM,PR2 rear Roadsmart front, Yamaha topox, Givi E360 panniers, PL pannier holders, BMW handguards, Yamaha touring screen, Scottoiler, 12v ciggie socket, carbon core HT leads

Gorn :sorry:

#4 akirasan

akirasan

really likes Carpe

• 82 posts
  • TDM model: 2001

Posted 27 June 2016 - 07:12 am

They are motorcyclist not bikers there is a difference.

Summer riders matching everything bikes toooo clean are a sign.

Also the superiority look when you nod at them.

iu.jpg

#5 Favs

Favs

Sir Cumference

• 4,395 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 27 June 2016 - 07:45 am

They, (BMW motorcycle owners), don't wave cos they're too busy keeping everything crossed against machine failure.

BTW do we have to allow import of BMW now?

Single-handedly reviving the Wave.

2008 reg. Black TDM 900 ABS

#6 ChrisG

ChrisG

Resident vulture

• 8,276 posts
  • TDM model: 2009

Posted 27 June 2016 - 08:27 am

To be fair if it had been a couple of TDM riders they'd have been standing around yapping about cake and the menu at the café for at least half an hour.

1992 Mk1, 76k miles, Hagon springs, MTC exhaust, 4½ gears Gone now :(
2009 900 abs, 42k miles, Yamaha heated grips, double bubble screen, R&G crash bungs, scottoiler, Autocom, 1500 lumen LED spotlights.

post-1-1152402501.jpgpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#7 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• 10,747 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 27 June 2016 - 08:33 am

Blimey Chris they talk to me ya know, must have an aversion to Honda's  :lol:

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#8 Matlock

Matlock

Carpe Citizen

• 3,913 posts

Posted 27 June 2016 - 08:55 am

To be fair if it had been a couple of TDM riders they'd have been standing around yapping about cake and the menu at the café for at least half an hour.

"Yapping"? I think you mean a prolonged, balanced  and worthwhile discussion of the cake available.  :lol:

Clearly they were intimidated by the v4's awesome power. I know I am  :rolleyes:

2002 TDM900 in glorious yellowNOW SOLD  :( 

2012 Honda Crosstourer VFR1200X. Hyperspeed tourer.

1990 XTZ750 in black, standard apart from Micron silencer. Mechanical restoration complete, cosmetic restoration next on the agenda.. NOW SOLD  :( 

Follow me on twitter

#9 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,213 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 27 June 2016 - 09:12 am

They'll have been on their interphones trying to decide if you were a stealth copper for the last 20 miles.  Then found out you weren't when you pulled up. :lol:  F**k 'em, I say. :)

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#10 muddy

muddy

full o shoite

• 2,973 posts

Posted 27 June 2016 - 11:42 am

Yeah, but they be Norverners, an entirely different breed, unless they're Yorkshire toffs.

Blue 04 TDM,PR2 rear Roadsmart front, Yamaha topox, Givi E360 panniers, PL pannier holders, BMW handguards, Yamaha touring screen, Scottoiler, 12v ciggie socket, carbon core HT leads

Gorn :sorry:

#11 TinTin

TinTin

has been here 4ever

• 1,296 posts

Posted 27 June 2016 - 12:38 pm

I think it's only a small number of ass holes. Most I see nod or wave. Its pathetic really

#12 Pantboy

Pantboy

850 going for 900

• 890 posts
  • TDM model: 2006

Posted 27 June 2016 - 04:34 pm

Only discussing cake? Eating it is a far more favourable option.

#13 divvxj

divvxj

has been here 4ever

• 1,296 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 27 June 2016 - 06:05 pm

Only discussing cake? Eating it is a far more favourable option.

+1

#14 Geordie Guy

Geordie Guy

Carpe Citizen

• 3,502 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 27 June 2016 - 07:56 pm

So things have not changed yet, bunch of no good fookin tossers. In my local  RoADAR group they out number every other bike 2;1.

One of the members has rejected three GS's with things going wrong AND then he buy's another one. I just do not get it.  They ignored you Chris because they have nothing in common with anyone who has a motorcycle. they don't have a motorcycle they have........ a burden.

Knob heads, they deserve each other.

I voted GS-exit !

can we now deport all the BM fookin W's and the owners !

I'm a TDM SNOB !!!!     "Adventure before Dementia"  

Kawasaki GT550, XJ900 Diversion, 2002 TDM 900 , 2008 TDM 900a, 2010 TDM 900a.

#15 RogerD

RogerD

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 241 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 27 June 2016 - 09:08 pm

I will wave to any one, especially Harley owners (One waved back once).

I have now moved on to a GS. I have not changed, and am enjoying a great bike, as do many others. All bikes have some odd owners (As do TDM'S) with interesting views of other bikes, but hey....everyones welcome to an opinion.

Those who wave, Tin Tin, carry on. A Frost Blue one might nod back, and it might be me! 

Roger

2004 Silver TDM 900, Scorpion cans, MRA screen, Heated Grips, Piramid Fender Extenda. Mitchelin PR3's, Oxford Soft luggage.  Now living with Sidestand

2015 BMW R1200GS , in Frost Blue, Adventure screen, cruise control, quickshifter, heated grips, ESA , BM panniers but Givi topbox.                                                          

#16 DaveM

DaveM

just half a litre to go

• 825 posts

Posted 27 June 2016 - 09:10 pm

I knew when I saw that Chris had started this and Ivan was the last poster that this would be good - and I was right!

Vote GS-exit

#17 jono49

jono49

has been here 4ever

• 1,183 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 28 June 2016 - 06:37 am

Ironically I found when in the Highlands mid summer, a lot of German, Belgian, Dutch GS owners populate the roads up there and I mean lot's! and a very big percentage wave when you look in the mirrors they have white number plates! It's the ones with our "yellow" plates that don't wave!!!!!!

Don't get confused between my personality
and my attitude. My personality is who I am,
my attitude depends on who YOU are!

Skinny people are easy to kidnap.....Stay safe and eat cake!!!!!

#18 Kelpie

Kelpie

900 going for ... 1000cc?

• 944 posts

Posted 28 June 2016 - 11:50 am

I briefly borrowed my ex's R1200 GS once and I waved like a mad thing at everyone I came across, Harley riders, Jap riders, sport bike riders, children, nuns etc etc.  You get the picture.

Then I drove it into a hedge to park it cos I couldn't reach the ground.  (True story.  He was a knob anyway and I hated the GS.) :rotflmmfao:

Edited by Kelpie, 28 June 2016 - 07:47 pm.

You don't need balls to ride a big bike.

#19 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,213 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 28 June 2016 - 04:08 pm

:lol:  Hooligran strikes again !

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#20 Catteeclan

Catteeclan

full o shoite

• 2,440 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 28 June 2016 - 07:02 pm

I briefly borrowed by ex's R1200 GS once and I waved like a mad thing at everyone I came across, Harley riders, Jap riders, sport bike riders, children, nuns etc etc.  You get the picture.

Then I drove it into a hedge to park it cos I couldn't reach the ground.  (True story.  He was a knob anyway and I hated the GS.) :rotflmmfao:

:rotflmmfao:

2002 TDM900 Yellow

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users