12 replies to this topic

#1 Muppdog

Muppdog

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 293 posts
  • TDM model: 2006

Posted 07 July 2016 - 08:45 am

Needed some bits of clothing to goon my trip to Germany on Saturday. So I nipped into Plymouth, got my bits and while I was there I thought I would pop into M&S and get a couple of pork pies to munch whilst watching Wales beating Portugal. As usual I parked the bike behind some granite posts in New George Street. Others were parked there already. Happy days.
On my return, about 15 minutes later, I passed a lady traffic warden. She kept looking at me so I gave her a smile and said:'Hello'
15 seconds later I noticed a little yellow envelope on each of the six bikes parked there. Thanks lady traffic warden!
Admittedly, we should not have parked there and the fine is correct but non of the bikes were blocking anybody, nobody even walks there because of the granite posts. They walk around them.
Now I have paid my 35 squids and just want to give anybody a warning about Plymouth. Before you park where other bikes park look at the signs first. If it says no, move on.
And Wales lost.

#2 ChrisG

ChrisG

Resident vulture

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,276 posts
  • TDM model: 2009

Posted 07 July 2016 - 10:42 am

Look on the bright side, £35 is less than it would have cost you to ride to Melton Mowbray and back :)

1992 Mk1, 76k miles, Hagon springs, MTC exhaust, 4½ gears Gone now :(
2009 900 abs, 42k miles, Yamaha heated grips, double bubble screen, R&G crash bungs, scottoiler, Autocom, 1500 lumen LED spotlights.

post-1-1152402501.jpgpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#3 Oafski

Oafski

Carpe Regular

• Pip
  • 141 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 07 July 2016 - 12:51 pm

Not knowing the area and if there was a notice saying not to park there but if as you say not harming anyone it's just another example of those in authority making life as difficult as they can for the "ordinary bloke in the street".

"No good deed goes unpunished"

"Lags Droopfinger" The Biking Viking

OCD- Old Coffin Dodger

#4 Rallyist

Rallyist

Gettin to be an 'Old Bugger'

• 3,253 posts
  • Location:Usually in a Hospital somewhere in the Birmingham area
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 07 July 2016 - 05:20 pm

And I bet you're pie didn't have any jelly around the meat

For a challenging summer try the

Round Britain Rally.....  

1993 TDM 850 Mk1 ..... 2008 TDM 900 ....  1975, 1979, 1982, 1992 Goldwings, Scott, AJS,  Triumph 5TA

#5 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• 10,754 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 07 July 2016 - 06:32 pm

Next time dont be so tight and ride up to Melton, unfortunate about the ticket, jobsworths eh.

Wales may have lost, but what a credit, never gave up, no shame in losing that game  :good:

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#6 Muppdog

Muppdog

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 07 July 2016 - 09:21 pm

Will stick with M&S pies, I just like them.
And they have! got jelly around them. Just not the usual amount. Just how I like it.
Melton too far if you only got an afternoon.
And it turns out that Wales got as far as Germany! Now there is something.

Rob

#7 Andy25

Andy25

Carpe Addict

• PipPipPip
  • 335 posts
  • TDM model: 2000

Posted 10 July 2016 - 03:39 pm

Just found out that I can park in any on street bay / council car park free of charge due to " Difficulty attaching tickets to motorcycle s " in Dundee

Better stop parking on the pavement then

#8 sidestand

sidestand

Carpe Citizen

• 3,456 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 10 July 2016 - 08:16 pm

More 'Authentic Melton Mowbray' pork pies made outside of Melton than in it these days  - Notts, Lincs, Northants, & Rutland all Authentic  :P

http://mmppa.co.uk/?page_id=78

My personal favourite for hand raised pork pies is Leesons in Oakham  :good:, although Watkins in Grantham & Skinners in Barrowby make very good ones too !

Edited by sidestand, 10 July 2016 - 08:19 pm.

post-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gifpost-1-1152402501.jpgThe older I get, the better I was

96 MkII in yellow & silver with bluespots, braided lines, Remus 2 into 1, Hagon rear shock & fork springs, bashplate, heated grips,Motech pannier racks, Road Attacks, Jockoiler, Baglux tank cover & bag. Gone to a far better place - hasn't it Remo?
Another 96 Mk2 in yellow & silver - absolutely standard & pristine ( apart from a butchered rear mudguard - but I'm looking for a new one
'76 Suzuki GT500 Stroker in need of a rebuild
'80 Yamaha XT250 mudplugger
another '81 XT250
'91 BMW R80GS - this one really will do a RTW trip
'05 BMW K1200S - inline four with a shaft
'10 BMW R1200GSA Anniversary Edition
'02 Fazer 1000 - 4 carbs are better than 2 ! - water pump rebuilt by Mr Ramrod Engineering
'00 Triumph Adventurer - Cruiser with a difference - British & a triple
Gary's Bathtub - '99 BMW K1200RS in luvverly pillarbox red . Now been Waspycycled to Nuneaton
And the Latest Addition - a nice BMW G650 XCountry greenlaner - on long term loan to Boy Wonder

1996 Kawasaki KH125 Stroker

2000 TDM Mk2A - nicely Studleyfied - Modified by Masterbrewer, but we've fixed that now !

BMW K1300R

2004 TDM 900 in Silver/Blue - heated grips, MRA vary screen, Wilbers rear shock & engine bars to fit 

BMW S1000XR in white 

#9 Deauman

Deauman

Carpe Regular

• Pip
  • 109 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 11 July 2016 - 02:35 pm

In Nottingham bikes can park in any meter bay for free. But not if there is a cunningly concealed sign ten feet up a lamp post saying disabled only with no road markings to back that up!

#10 Muppdog

Muppdog

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 12 July 2016 - 11:03 pm

Andy
What do they mean by 'difficulty sticking to bikes'? Every ticket comes in a yellow,sticky plastic bag. Mine stuck to the seat pretty well. Maybe you are just lucky and the council in Dundee just be bothered.

Rob

#11 fixitsan

fixitsan

Carpe Citizen

• 4,676 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 13 July 2016 - 08:39 am

Andy
What do they mean by 'difficulty sticking to bikes'? Every ticket comes in a yellow,sticky plastic bag. Mine stuck to the seat pretty well. Maybe you are just lucky and the council in Dundee just be bothered.

Rob

Do they stick well to wet bikes too ? 

900 with better bits. Owes me nothing, Makes me smile

#12 Muppdog

Muppdog

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 13 July 2016 - 05:42 pm

They seem to stick to wet wind screens alright.

Rob

Edited by Muppdog, 13 July 2016 - 05:42 pm.

#13 Andy25

Andy25

Carpe Addict

• PipPipPip
  • 335 posts
  • TDM model: 2000

Posted 14 July 2016 - 08:55 pm

Andy
Rob

I'm referring to the ticket from the pay and display machine's
Not the one from traffic wardens
Got a ticket a couple of years back at the local hospital , (private parking company )
For parking a motorcycle in a bay for cars even though I had paid the car fee .
Bastids

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users