Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,202 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 13 July 2016 - 07:04 pm

New series on ITV4 starts at 9pm.

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#2 Oafski

Oafski

Carpe Regular

• Pip
  • 141 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 14 July 2016 - 09:44 am

After that "Pig's Ear" of a Bonneville in the last series I can't wait to see what what the final bill will be on  the Phil Read Replica which looked to have "Serious Money Pit" written all over it.

"No good deed goes unpunished"

"Lags Droopfinger" The Biking Viking

OCD- Old Coffin Dodger

#3 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 14 July 2016 - 11:41 am

Sadly I only get to see a few seconds of mystic baldric live :-)
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#4 muddy

muddy

full o shoite

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 2,969 posts

Posted 14 July 2016 - 02:21 pm

I enjoyed it a lot. There's nothing else on TV for bike enthusiasts, so I'm a supporter of ol' Henry.

There's a series starting on the Travel channel of a bloke riding a BMW fookin'W around Brazil, which should be fun. I bet he don't wave😈

Blue 04 TDM,PR2 rear Roadsmart front, Yamaha topox, Givi E360 panniers, PL pannier holders, BMW handguards, Yamaha touring screen, Scottoiler, 12v ciggie socket, carbon core HT leads

Gorn :sorry:

#5 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• 10,735 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 14 July 2016 - 03:02 pm

Helps me go to sleep  :)

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#6 Favs

Favs

Sir Cumference

• 4,391 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 14 July 2016 - 05:09 pm

Thankfully I shall be alternating between drinking beer and playing snooker at 9pm

Single-handedly reviving the Wave.

2008 reg. Black TDM 900 ABS

#7 Matlock

Matlock

Carpe Citizen

• 3,913 posts

Posted 11 December 2018 - 01:29 pm

Love him or loathe him, Mystic Baldric is back. "9pm on ITV4, the first of three one hour shows each dedicated to the history of three iconic motorcycle brands. Triumph, Norton and Ducati". So looking forward to the Norton programme which, not for the first time, will be a hour of Mr Baldric brown-nosin Norton's publicity hungry owner. They need to get a room those two  :wub:

2002 TDM900 in glorious yellowNOW SOLD  :( 

2012 Honda Crosstourer VFR1200X. Hyperspeed tourer.

1990 XTZ750 in black, standard apart from Micron silencer. Mechanical restoration complete, cosmetic restoration next on the agenda.. NOW SOLD  :( 

Follow me on twitter

#8 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts

Posted 11 December 2018 - 02:12 pm

Still see the live show most weeks but not gots TV so lettuce snow how he does.

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#9 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts

Posted 11 December 2018 - 02:57 pm

Any publicity is good publicity right ?  :lol:   Will have a looksie, cheers for the heads up Chris. :good:

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#10 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts

Posted 11 December 2018 - 04:42 pm

Today Tishabelle watched him spin a green 1940s bus around beep and then climb out... They were on about take 5 when we left as he couldn't shut the door.

#11 Favs

Favs

Sir Cumference

• 4,391 posts

Posted 11 December 2018 - 05:13 pm

Damn, I have an evening free...................

#12 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts

Posted 12 December 2018 - 10:10 am

Unsurprisingly, he managed to turn the Triumph history documentary into all about him.  :tdown:  I get to ride lots of rare Triumphs and I also get to ride my idol Steve Mcqueens Triumph and I get to do a bad imitation of Marlon Brando me me me.

#13 Favs

Favs

Sir Cumference

• 4,391 posts

Posted 12 December 2018 - 04:19 pm

Saved from certain boredom by a mate with a busted computer :lol:

#14 Catteeclan

Catteeclan

full o shoite

• 2,433 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 12 December 2018 - 06:55 pm

I've recorded this and will record the next 2. Whether I watch them's another thing after what's being said.

2002 TDM900 Yellow

#15 fixitsan

fixitsan

Carpe Citizen

• 4,667 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 12 December 2018 - 07:28 pm

It had information I didn't know before, and found the history useful, and the real baldrick might have done as good a job of sharing it.....

But I can see why he is chosen, because he's a TV person, he comes across well and can speak continuously about various things and some of those things can be linked to earlier segments where he spoke continuously about another thing and then he moved it back to the current  area of discussion and discusses that in a way without stopping that lets you know that everything you listened to just now probably wasn't important because the only important thing is something else completely different

And relax.......

900 with better bits. Owes me nothing, Makes me smile

#16 madmopedracer

madmopedracer

Carpe junky

• PipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 12 December 2018 - 08:18 pm

yes

#17 Nog

Nog

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 13 December 2018 - 09:05 am

But I can see why he is chosen, because he's a TV person

Yeah I think this sums it up.  It's almost like he's the choice you'd use to present bikes to non-biking people, which maybe is what they're after for a bigger audience.

#18 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• 10,735 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 13 December 2018 - 09:15 am

Well more interesting than his normal send you to sleep routine, hope he can avoid using the word "seminally" so much in the next one.

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#19 Rallyist

Rallyist

Gettin to be an 'Old Bugger'

• 3,250 posts
  • Location:Usually in a Hospital somewhere in the Birmingham area

Posted 13 December 2018 - 09:39 am

I personally can't stand him, complete turnoff

For a challenging summer try the

Round Britain Rally.....  

1993 TDM 850 Mk1 ..... 2008 TDM 900 ....  1975, 1979, 1982, 1992 Goldwings, Scott, AJS,  Triumph 5TA

#20 Grendel

Grendel

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 227 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 13 December 2018 - 01:07 pm

Not bad for the bikes and history but as others say that’s only 1/2 of its rest is ME me me. 

Pity they didn't get Guy Martin but then I suppose it’s written and produced by Coles own company.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users