36 replies to this topic

#21 JakTRX

JakTRX

discovering Carpe

• 17 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 08 October 2009 - 12:11 pm

QUOTE(TonyDevil @ Thu 8th Oct 2009, 12:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
nope, at the last meet i was the only one to turn up rolleyes.gif .....it was spitting somewhere in the south.....

Cheeky git rolleyes.gif IIRC you were a maybe and you only made it to the second part tongue.gif I was half hour from the first meet but then Dill rang to say his bike was broke and so I turned round and went home. Didn't fancy standing in a pub carpark on my own in the pissing rain !!

tongue.gif

#22 Readmarx

Readmarx

Carpe junky

• PipPipPipPip
  • 461 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 08 October 2009 - 12:22 pm

QUOTE(TonyDevil @ Thu 8th Oct 2009, 12:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
nope, at the last meet i was the only one to turn up rolleyes.gif .....it was spitting somewhere in the south.....

I think that spells out the difference between people who ride and people that might own a motorcycle... laugh.gif

mother nature rides a biker

#23 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

seagull squadron leader & founding member of GoatTracKrew

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,336 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 08 October 2009 - 06:49 pm

QUOTE(JakTRX @ Thu 8th Oct 2009, 01:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Cheeky git rolleyes.gif IIRC you were a maybe and you only made it to the second part tongue.gif I was half hour from the first meet but then Dill rang to say his bike was broke and so I turned round and went home. Didn't fancy standing in a pub carpark on my own in the pissing rain !!

tongue.gif

i made it to the stop that had bacon butties and cake tongue.gif
when i got there i tried phoning&txting around to see if anyone was going the one further away
i stood around chatting to a bunch of people i'd never met before, a nice day out even if it was a bit damp on the ground

"Never argue with an idiot. They just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"
My TDM :
Black 1991 850 MK1, 160k+ miles(ish, best guess really, gave up trying to keep count after 3rd set of clocks and 3rd engine), PilotRoad2 tyres, custom stubby exhaust system, bluespot calipers & goodridge braided hoses with dunlopads, maxton forks, Ohlins shock, kedo handguards, stainless TDM grill, Scottoiler with lubetube & dual nozzle thingy, Givi Wingrack2 with E45 & 2xE36s, renntec crash bars, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider2, Optimate IIIsp, Bagster tank cover, anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led spotlights, heated grips, new braided lines and rear caliper that actually has bleed nipples
Silver-ish 2003 900, 70k miles, PilotRoad3 front tyre (new@65k) & PR2 rear(new at 69k), Renthal 755 bars with KTM handguards, oxford unheated grips, power commander 3usb, scorpion titanium exhausts, standard screen with vario winglet thingy, stainless grill, oem centre stand, bagster tank cover, givi monokey topplate mounted on grabrail with V46 topbox, Givi PL pannier rails with E21s, crash bungs, mirror extender thingys, Halfords Advanced Laser Blue brillance bulbs, 21w led spotlights, touring scottoiler with leehenty dual nozzle, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider3 Urban, winter style anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led brake light strip, replacement heated grips

current rides : TDM850 3vd/mk1=tourer&scratcher, TRX850=weekend twisty toy, 2003 TDM900=commuter, 2005 
TDM900=unmolested.  Gone but not forgotton : XTZ750=overland touring toy, GS500e, GS125
If a strange looking truck driver honks at you & gives you the thumbs up, its could be me  :good:

#24 dandywarhol

dandywarhol

Carpe Citizen

• 5,324 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 08 October 2009 - 09:00 pm

Whats happening to the TRX site these days Jac - been down for a couple of days..................

1967 Yamaha TD1C 250, 2014 Kawasaki W800, 2011 Aprilia Tuono 1000 V4, 2020 Yamaha XSR900

"At the cutting edge of technophobia" Scotland_180-animated-flag-gifs.gif mccoy.gif

#25 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

• 9,336 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 09:48 pm

QUOTE(JakTRX @ Wed 7th Oct 2009, 04:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
it seems the hosting company's server crashed this morning.

"Never argue with an idiot. They just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"
My TDM :
Black 1991 850 MK1, 160k+ miles(ish, best guess really, gave up trying to keep count after 3rd set of clocks and 3rd engine), PilotRoad2 tyres, custom stubby exhaust system, bluespot calipers & goodridge braided hoses with dunlopads, maxton forks, Ohlins shock, kedo handguards, stainless TDM grill, Scottoiler with lubetube & dual nozzle thingy, Givi Wingrack2 with E45 & 2xE36s, renntec crash bars, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider2, Optimate IIIsp, Bagster tank cover, anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led spotlights, heated grips, new braided lines and rear caliper that actually has bleed nipples
Silver-ish 2003 900, 70k miles, PilotRoad3 front tyre (new@65k) & PR2 rear(new at 69k), Renthal 755 bars with KTM handguards, oxford unheated grips, power commander 3usb, scorpion titanium exhausts, standard screen with vario winglet thingy, stainless grill, oem centre stand, bagster tank cover, givi monokey topplate mounted on grabrail with V46 topbox, Givi PL pannier rails with E21s, crash bungs, mirror extender thingys, Halfords Advanced Laser Blue brillance bulbs, 21w led spotlights, touring scottoiler with leehenty dual nozzle, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider3 Urban, winter style anti-dazzle coating

current rides : TDM850 3vd/mk1=tourer&scratcher, TRX850=weekend twisty toy, 2003 TDM900=commuter, 2005 
TDM900=unmolested.  Gone but not forgotton : XTZ750=overland touring toy, GS500e, GS125
If a strange looking truck driver honks at you & gives you the thumbs up, its could be me  :good:

#26 dandywarhol

dandywarhol

Carpe Citizen

• 5,324 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 10:39 pm

Hmmmm.........I'm looking for a pair of TRX damper rods tubes to convert - any ideas TD?

1967 Yamaha TD1C 250, 2014 Kawasaki W800, 2011 Aprilia Tuono 1000 V4, 2020 Yamaha XSR900

"At the cutting edge of technophobia" Scotland_180-animated-flag-gifs.gif mccoy.gif

#27 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

• 9,336 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 10:42 pm

same as the TDMs ?

My TDM :

#28 JakTRX

JakTRX

discovering Carpe

• 17 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 11:16 pm

Hi dandy ... I heard from Max earlier, seems the hosting company's problem was a big one! Keep checking, it'll be back soon! If you facebook there are a few of us on there. drinks.gif

QUOTE(TonyDevil @ Thu 8th Oct 2009, 07:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i made it to the stop that had bacon butties and cake tongue.gif
when i got there i tried phoning&txting around to see if anyone was going the one further away
Yeah, I texted round (I think I texted you too!) ... didn't have bacon butties or cake where I stopped tho, just a cuppa and some dodgy looking burgers huh.gif Guess we could declare it a text meet ... shame we weren't in the same county!!! LOL

Edited by JakTRX, 08 October 2009 - 11:17 pm.

#29 dandywarhol

dandywarhol

Carpe Citizen

• 5,324 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 07:34 am

QUOTE(TonyDevil @ Thu 8th Oct 2009, 11:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
same as the TDMs ?

According to oemparts.com they're a different part number Tony................... unsure.gif

#30 JakTRX

JakTRX

discovering Carpe

• 17 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 10:50 am

The forum's back up and running now yahoo.gif

#31 MattUK

MattUK

arrived on last train

• 1 posts
  • TDM model: none yet

Posted 03 April 2010 - 12:39 pm

Is this site still taking new sign ups? Iv tryed emailing max via 2 different address's and had no reply ( been a couple of weeks now). Got a few questions as a new owner but cant get my foot in the door!!

Can anyone help me out here? blush.gif

#32 JakTRX

JakTRX

discovering Carpe

• 17 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 01:55 pm

All sorted now ... we had a bit of an email issue rolleyes.gif

#33 JakTRX

JakTRX

discovering Carpe

• 17 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 05:02 pm

Hiya,

We had a few problems over the weekend but it's back online again now.

For future information - there is a temporary forum at www.trx850.freeforums.org so please pop in there for information in the event of any future problems.

Jak

#34 LewisBlackburn

LewisBlackburn

has been here 4ever

• 1,748 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 20 August 2011 - 05:45 pm

attention.gif attention.gif attention.gif

Could the above possibly be spam ?????

#35 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

• 9,336 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 11:38 pm

QUOTE(LewisBlackburn @ Sat 20th Aug 2011, 06:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
attention.gif attention.gif attention.gif

who what eh?
no smoking gun behind my back, move along.... wink.gif

My TDM :

#36 JakTRX

JakTRX

discovering Carpe

• 17 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 12:51 pm

QUOTE(LewisBlackburn @ Sat 20th Aug 2011, 06:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Huh? No, just letting people now we have a second forum where I can post updates if there are issues on the main forum huh.gif

Anyway ... about time I updated this thread!

Max has "retired" from running the forum and I have taken over. As part of the change we've moved to a new home (although all the furniture has come with us LOL). So if you're looking for all things TRX head to:

www.trx850.com

#37 LewisBlackburn

LewisBlackburn

has been here 4ever

• 1,748 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 07 October 2011 - 02:46 pm

QUOTE(JakTRX @ Fri 7th Oct 2011, 01:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Huh? No, just letting people now we have a second forum where I can post updates if there are issues on the main forum huh.gif

Anyway ... about time I updated this thread!

Max has "retired" from running the forum and I have taken over. As part of the change we've moved to a new home (although all the furniture has come with us LOL). So if you're looking for all things TRX head to:

www.trx850.com

There was a spam post there, its been removed now. Hence the confusion

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users