has been here 4ever

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,160 posts
  • TDM model: 2000

Posted 24 July 2020 - 05:47 pm

Carpeadians,

Gather round (but 2 meters apart please !)  :lol:

Up for sale this week I have the bespoke "Else Made"  Gel seat I had made for me literally weeks before I parked WinalotPrime up :isurrender:

I picked the seat up in the August and stopped riding at the end of Oct 2018, poss did a max of 600 miles with it on.

The rider section is thick sculptured orthopedic memory foam and a big "Wonder Gel" insert and 15mm more padding than std, the pillion section is approx 12mm deeper than std using the same memory foam and has a gel insert too. I chose the design "Ridgeback" and the materials, and had the Yamaha "Tuning Fork" logo embroidered into the pillion section, looks smart.  (As requested just added photos of the seat on the bike lower down the thread)

It has all the rubber seat bungs in place and a lock & key also, it can just be put straight on as is unless you want to swap the lock over for your std one (2 minute job), easy peasey.

Cost me a kings ransom !, but the 600 or so miles with it were spot on  :good:

Advertising it on here first before I bung it on Facebook & Ebay.

Looking for £200 ono + any P+P unless you're local (ish) and want to collect.

Attached File  IMG_1207.JPG   95.91KB   0 downloads
Attached File  IMG_1209.JPG   97.88KB   0 downloads
Attached File  IMG_1208.JPG   105.55KB   0 downloads

Edited by Gdogg, 25 July 2020 - 06:45 pm.

<p> Now Sold 😔......850 MK2A 4TX6 in Silver, Stainless steel hand rolled slip on end can, stainless 2into1 headers, K&N air filter, Hagon progressive front springs, Gdogg modified rear shock, Else Made "Ridgeback" Gel Seat, Gdogg under seat fender extender, Powrspark leads, Carbon fiber effect vinyl wrap fairing decals & logos, Michelin Pilot Road2's, V-Strom hand guards, Givi monorack & box (colour matched side rails).

#2 Snowbird

Snowbird

Just won't go.

• 1,349 posts
  • Location:Often on another planet, but mostly south Cambs. (St.Neots)

Posted 24 July 2020 - 06:25 pm

That is a lovely looking seat Gdogg, I was very tempted till I realised I don't do nearly enough miles to get a sore bum and it won't help out the bilateral inguinal hernias I seem to have found recently so can't justify the cash, good luck with the sale, I'm sure it will go quick.

Current toys: '99 XT600E, 2000 4TX, '82 Princess 30DS (where the username comes from), No longer a '03 Fazer thou.

Save the planet, it's the only one with beer!

#3 Andy25

Andy25

Carpe Addict

• PipPipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 24 July 2020 - 07:19 pm

That is Very Nice !
Very Tempting but at that price would've preferred to Test it
It does look bloody good though !

#4 drewpy

drewpy

has been here 4ever

• 1,753 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 24 July 2020 - 07:29 pm

tempted, but I've just spent £600 on the engine rebuild

"As I Lay Rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I skid and begin to slide, please dear god protect my ride"

Mods; Oil pressure switch, neoprene rear inner mudguard, scottoiler, highway pegs,  fenda extenda, 1999 carbs and airbox, Kais suspension setup, later clutch springs, LED lamps, Metmachex swingarm, Hagon Shock, Oxford heated grips, 4 way fused accessory Bus, 17" 3CV front wheel, Michellin R6 tyres, GPS speedo, 5' ignition advance.

#5 chrisbee

chrisbee

Carpe Addict

• PipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 24 July 2020 - 08:41 pm

Tempted...
Any pics with it on the bike??

#6 Gdogg

Gdogg

has been here 4ever

• 1,160 posts

Posted 25 July 2020 - 04:51 am

Tempted...
Any pics with it on the bike??

Yep, just found these  ...............

Attached File  Else Made Gel seat.JPG   99.07KB   0 downloads

"Else Made" Ridgeback with Viscoelastic Wondergel inserts (no I didn't just make that up !) and an extra 15 - 20mm of memory foam - Orthopedic grade no less in the riders perch !, black faux suede and black grained vinyl with the Yamaha tuning fork logo embroidered into the pillion section which has been raised 12mm higher, cracking jobs the man has done too.

Attached File  Else Made 2.JPG   85.89KB   0 downloads

Attached File  Else Made 3.JPG   78.65KB   0 downloads

Edited by Gdogg, 25 July 2020 - 04:55 am.

<p> Now Sold 😔......850 MK2A 4TX6 in Silver, Stainless steel hand rolled slip on end can, stainless 2into1 headers, K&N air filter, Hagon progressive front springs, Gdogg modified rear shock, Else Made "Ridgeback" Gel Seat, Gdogg under seat fender extender, Powrspark leads, Carbon fiber effect vinyl wrap fairing decals & logos, Michelin Pilot Road2's, V-Strom hand guards, Givi monorack & box (colour matched side rails).

#7 Gdogg

Gdogg

has been here 4ever

• 1,160 posts

Posted 25 July 2020 - 05:13 am

That is a lovely looking seat Gdogg, I was very tempted till I realised I don't do nearly enough miles to get a sore bum and it won't help out the bilateral inguinal hernias I seem to have found recently so can't justify the cash, good luck with the sale, I'm sure it will go quick.

Hi Snowbird,

How scary is that, the seat was designed with bilateral inguinal hernias at the forefront !!   :rotflmmfao:

Who'd have thought !!!

#8 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 25 July 2020 - 08:03 am

:lol:

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#9 Snowbird

Snowbird

Just won't go.

• 1,349 posts

Posted 25 July 2020 - 10:06 am

How scary is that, the seat was designed with bilateral inguinal hernias at the forefront !!   :rotflmmfao:

Who'd have thought !!!

Brilliant! :rotflmmfao: :rotflmmfao:

Current toys: '99 XT600E, 2000 4TX, '82 Princess 30DS (where the username comes from), No longer a '03 Fazer thou.

#10 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

is it Jizzy Rascal time yet.....?

• 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 25 July 2020 - 11:54 am

mmm i wonder if that TDM used to reside in Devon as the partial reg. i can see in the pic looks familiar !?

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

I loike tay and hang sangwiches !

www.kenhogantreeservices.co.uk

http://s33.photobuck...77/wickla/?sc=6

http://reg.imageshack.us/v_images.php

post-1-1150550733.gifpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#11 Gdogg

Gdogg

has been here 4ever

• 1,160 posts

Posted 25 July 2020 - 01:06 pm

Hi Wikas, it was a London bike tiger, dont think the first owner was from Devon either (me and two others owned it), cant be 100% on that as I no longer have the V5
And it deffo did not look like that when I rescued it !! Took a lot of hours in the garage and wonga thrown at it to get it shining as it does

Edited by Gdogg, 25 July 2020 - 01:12 pm.

#12 oldman

oldman

seems to like Carpe

• 78 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 25 July 2020 - 04:01 pm

Hello Gdogg,Loving the look of your seat (ooer missus )and if £200 posted will do I'll have it.

Cheers.

#13 Gdogg

Gdogg

has been here 4ever

• 1,160 posts

Posted 25 July 2020 - 06:15 pm

Hi Oldnan, that’ll do nicely, thanks.
PM your address and Ill get it boxed up and posted off.

#14 Snowbird

Snowbird

Just won't go.

• 1,349 posts

Posted 25 July 2020 - 06:35 pm

Do you want a pair of hernias to go with it? I have some you can have for free, but I'm guessing Gdogg will do the same deal if it's medically possible.

Edited by Snowbird, 25 July 2020 - 06:36 pm.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users