31 replies to this topic

#1 Quartermaster

Quartermaster

900 going for ... 1000cc?

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 25 March 2019 - 10:58 am

I notice that Henry is back on the television this Wednesday night at 9 pm on More 4. The programme is called Find It Fix It Ride It and is about digging out old bikes from sheds and doing what the title suggests. I think the first programme is about restoration of an Uncle Bunt chopper but in the very near future, our Henry will be riding my old drag bike at Elvington in an attempt to break the land speed record for its class. Originally, I was invited along to the record attempt with HC promising me a blast on the old bike but 4 days before the event the insurance company they use insisted that only the production crew plus HC and Sam Lovegrove would be allowed to attend. That was a disappointment but also a relief as the record attempt was in February and it was bloody cold! I won't tell you if he managed the record, keep you in suspense.....          I still hope to have a ride on it one day, fingers crossed.

'73 Honda CB500 Four, Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Triumph Tiger Sport 660.

#2 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 25 March 2019 - 12:52 pm

They demonstrated their skills yesterday outside me house. Him and beardy one broke down riding very very old belt driven boikes.

Maybe that's part of the next series ride it fix it
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#3 Quartermaster

Quartermaster

• 927 posts

Posted 25 March 2019 - 02:37 pm

Fix it, Ride it, Push it

'73 Honda CB500 Four, Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Triumph Tiger Sport 660.

#4 akirasan

akirasan

really likes Carpe

• 81 posts
  • TDM model: 2001

Posted 26 March 2019 - 09:19 am

:ambusy: :ambusy: :ambusy:zzzzzzzzz

uh what? sorry someone mentioned Henry Cole and i fell asleep

He is as  exciting as cold soup another cliched fixed vanity programme alleging to be reality

I'm going out for a ride.

#5 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 26 March 2019 - 10:24 am

Odd that the ins co wouldn't entertain insuring the one person with the most experience in riding the bike.

I'll be sitting down in front of the telly, ready to watch the proggy with my bowl of Gazpacho, trying to control my excitement as I won't wanna spill it. :D

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#6 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts

Posted 26 March 2019 - 10:52 am

Lolzio

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#7 Favs

Favs

Sir Cumference

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 4,391 posts

Posted 26 March 2019 - 12:16 pm

I'd rather watch babies being loaded onto a truck with a garden fork.......................

Single-handedly reviving the Wave.

2008 reg. Black TDM 900 ABS

#8 akirasan

akirasan

really likes Carpe

• 81 posts

Posted 26 March 2019 - 02:20 pm

Babies and garden forks?  is that on Quest??? cool

Gazpacho - that sums up that part of the world very nicely

But c'mon guys he may have 110% enthusiasm but he is 210% boring

He is what i call a motorcyclist not a biker.

#9 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts

Posted 26 March 2019 - 03:46 pm

But his maths is 100% better than yours.

Will have use of TV next week so will definitely give it a go.

Hooray for mystic baldric. Lolzio

#10 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts

Posted 26 March 2019 - 06:42 pm

:lol:

All said, he is bringing motorbike related proggys to the masses, I'll be watching it, even though it clashes with Masterchef. :rolleyes:

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#11 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• 10,735 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 26 March 2019 - 06:51 pm

Aye aye Studley, snot Masterchef, it's The Great Sewing Bee it clashes with, bet you record HC ;)

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#12 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts

Posted 26 March 2019 - 07:02 pm

Nah, might do some channel hopping though. :)

#13 akirasan

akirasan

really likes Carpe

• 81 posts

Posted 27 March 2019 - 08:32 am

My maths is bad???

i gave him a discount because its about motorbikes :rotflmmfao:

#14 Quartermaster

Quartermaster

• 927 posts

Posted 28 March 2019 - 07:28 am

Jo Brand voiceover was crap also format didn't show much spannering so rather a let down.

#15 dablik

dablik

• 10,735 posts

Posted 28 March 2019 - 09:14 am

Jo Brand voiceover was crap also format didn't show much spannering so rather a let down.

Spot on, Jo Brand ffs.

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#16 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts

Posted 28 March 2019 - 10:02 am

I heard she's tipped for the next 007.  Even more disappointing was Sam's affection for a tarted up chopper.  Personally, I didn't like the bike at all, or should I say 'didn't get it'  Those handlebars looked awful and there was only the frame that was a Bunt, rest of it was typical HC mongrel.

#17 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts

Posted 28 March 2019 - 11:44 am

Can't wait to see this next week after such great reviews haaaa.

#18 dablik

dablik

• 10,735 posts

Posted 28 March 2019 - 01:02 pm

Can't wait to see this next week after such great reviews haaaa.

Go anavaword dappers, i'll wotchit next week, it's just a bit lame and i'll mute whenever Jo's got anything to say, she's like a slow dripping tap, irritating.

#19 TKH

TKH

full o shoite

• 2,199 posts

Posted 28 March 2019 - 05:41 pm

As soon as I hear his pathetic whinny voice I switch over. It's good to see a prog about bike but they could at least get someone with a bit of charisma.

#20 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts

Posted 28 March 2019 - 06:47 pm

He came past on treader this morning. I could prolly collate the carpe comments and give him some feedback....by taping them to the car boot lid and driving slowly infront of him.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users