#1 Robodene

Robodene

Robodene

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,508 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 27 March 2019 - 08:07 pm

Last year I paid £149 to the AA. I then changed my bike 3 months into the year for which I paid a princely sum - £135. Originally, they wanted £200 to change before I told them that was outragous! This year they thought: "Why dont we just add the two sums roughly together (they got that wrong) and tell him his premium last year was that; he won't notice any fault.". So then they tell me this year's renewal will be £300 ("and stick on 96p"). Hah! After me ridiculing their proposal,they offered £197. "Where do you get that discount from? I asked". "We have some room to discount....". You telling me, Mr! Hasting want £93.

Trouble is my son is a second rider who does not live in UK. Few will cover that (Zenith Insurance the actual insurance company does, via AA). If I am forced to accept it, I shall cancel my AA breakdown and go to the RAC for a significant saving, no doubt.

What an industry! The AA being owned by Private Equity needs all the income it can get. So, a lot of their premium is not actually insuring us with the insurance company - it's just topping up the AA pot.

Sorry, a rant.

But does anyone know of any other broker who deals with Zenith Insurance?
1940s Ariel 350 (ex-military) Khaki > Black & White '56' Kymco Venox 250 Metallic Grey '56' TDM 900/A (ABS) Silver[b] '56' Yamaha MT-03 White <p>[b] '14' Yamaha MT-07 Matt Grey[b] '17' Honda Rebel 500 

#2 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• 10,735 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 28 March 2019 - 09:19 am

Might be worth a call to Zenith and ask them Rob, i've asked CN who they use as underwriters in the past as i refused to use a policy backed by Aviva !

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#3 muddy

muddy

full o shoite

• 2,969 posts

Posted 28 March 2019 - 10:03 am

I asked the same question some years ago about insuring directly with the underwriter and cutting out the broker. At this point in time I don't think it would make much difference to the overall experience, they'd still go through this binary box ticking nonsense. With Bemoto I didn't fit into one of their boxes and the guy simply didn't know what to do. Just wait till we reach peak transhuman techno-hellscape, but then we won't be riding our bikes, our chips will. 

Blue 04 TDM,PR2 rear Roadsmart front, Yamaha topox, Givi E360 panniers, PL pannier holders, BMW handguards, Yamaha touring screen, Scottoiler, 12v ciggie socket, carbon core HT leads

Gorn :sorry:

#4 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 28 March 2019 - 10:12 am

Sure your son could fork up the extra cost Rob ?  Esp. as it seems difficult to find an insurer to meet yer needs.  iirc it cost Sidey a lot of money to put Masterbrewer on his insurance policy so's he could ride Sideys bike.  Deffo a lot more than you pay.  Sooooo, maybe the £197 isn't that bad all things considered.  It's the openly trying to rob you thats bad.

The government are meant to be looking into insurance co.'s dealings, no doubt that'll be on the backburner for now.

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#5 Robodene

Robodene

Robodene

• 1,508 posts

Posted 28 March 2019 - 10:54 am

Thanks, guys. Appreciated. I don't mind paying up for my son if I have to, but he has come free with AA for over 10 years. I may have to just go with it. Zeniths website is messaged as unsafe. I am going to keep going, but life is shortening... Thanks again.
Rob
1940s Ariel 350 (ex-military) Khaki > Black & White '56' Kymco Venox 250 Metallic Grey '56' TDM 900/A (ABS) Silver[b] '56' Yamaha MT-03 White <p>[b] '14' Yamaha MT-07 Matt Grey[b] '17' Honda Rebel 500 

#6 TKH

TKH

full o shoite

• 2,199 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 28 March 2019 - 12:12 pm

Thanks, guys. Appreciated. I don't mind paying up for my son if I have to, but he has come free with AA for over 10 years. I may have to just go with it. Zeniths website is messaged as unsafe. I am going to keep going, but life is shortening... Thanks again.
Rob

I always ring up at renewal time and question the price. Cars or bikes. I got £100 off my daughters insurance just for a call. The reason I was given once is that they can set it up as a new customer rather than repeat. Yes, no benefit for staying loyal. Why not try ringing Zenith. It could be that their certificate is out of date hence getting an unsafe result from their site.

I tried going on but got not concerns from my browser. However I couldn't see anything for bike insurance.

Edited by TKH, 28 March 2019 - 12:14 pm.

#7 Robodene

Robodene

Robodene

• 1,508 posts

Posted 29 March 2019 - 01:42 pm

I received a fresh written quote for the £197. So, I decided to open up a fresh coversation. New people. The upshot is another £15 off. I then cancelled legal cover. So the premium finished at £162 and I bought it. Thank you for all the input. MT-07 in May....AA.....deep breath....
Cheers,
Rob

#8 TKH

TKH

full o shoite

• 2,199 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 29 March 2019 - 04:39 pm

Result!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users