#1 richierex

richierex

Carpe fan

• Pip
  • 166 posts
  • TDM model: 1997

Posted 24 September 2016 - 04:18 pm

I have just received an insurance quote from Carol Nash for my TDM900 ABS  2007

It was for £208 pounds, foreign cover, blah, blah. I think this is much too expensive as I have 45 years NCB and no points on my licence.

Has anybody had any experience with multi bike or classic and modern policies as I have a 1978 CZ250 or a 1978 Suzuki FR80 that I can add to the policy, in fact i would like to add the CZ as its nearly finished, well it starts!

Any advice much appreciated.

#2 AliG

AliG

has been here 4ever

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,445 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 24 September 2016 - 04:39 pm

I have 2 TDMs with .Carole Nash and they were quite reasonable.

2004 900 - Blue with lots of goodies

2012 900 - Still adding shiny bits. Was black, changed to white and now back to black again.

#3 richierex

richierex

Carpe fan

• Pip
  • 166 posts

Posted 24 September 2016 - 04:46 pm

I have 2 TDMs with .Carole Nash and they were quite reasonable.

Without being funny, thats hardly helpful.

#4 Favs

Favs

Sir Cumference

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 4,394 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 24 September 2016 - 04:55 pm

Can't help with multibike policies as I insure mine separately - I have my 08 reg ABS TDM with CN though  and I paid £126 in June 16.

Single-handedly reviving the Wave.

2008 reg. Black TDM 900 ABS

#5 Kenyun

Kenyun

sticking around

• 36 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 24 September 2016 - 05:14 pm

My multi bike  policy with Carole Nash cost me £229. I have 4 of my bikes currently on it, Yamaha:- Fazer 1000, TDM900A, and 2 TRX850s. Every year on renewal I have to 'negotiate' as they always try to 'stick it up me'. Go to an online comparison website and arm yourself with cheaper quotes, even Carole Nash is cheaper online than the renewal premium they send.

#6 mh1848

mh1848

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 24 September 2016 - 05:38 pm

My multi bike  policy with Carole Nash cost me £229. I have 4 of my bikes currently on it, Yamaha:- Fazer 1000, TDM900A, and 2 TRX850s. Every year on renewal I have to 'negotiate' as they always try to 'stick it up me'. Go to an online comparison website and arm yourself with cheaper quotes, even Carole Nash is cheaper online than the renewal premium they send.

:good:

TDM 1991 - two into one micron mated with a A16 Road and Race Supplies Stainless short can - Conti Road Attacks - Kagazume Wavy Rear Disc - Bagster tank cover - homemade sheepskin seat cover on top of custom seat cover - NonFango topbox on homemade mount - custom fusebox - very loud airhorn and cyclone alarm

#7 Robodene

Robodene

Robodene

• 1,511 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 24 September 2016 - 07:31 pm

I keep mine on separate policies. It gives more flexibility. They are always "trying to stick it up me".
1940s Ariel 350 (ex-military) Khaki > Black & White '56' Kymco Venox 250 Metallic Grey '56' TDM 900/A (ABS) Silver[b] '56' Yamaha MT-03 White <p>[b] '14' Yamaha MT-07 Matt Grey[b] '17' Honda Rebel 500 

#8 watto1

watto1

seems to like Carpe

• 49 posts
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 25 September 2016 - 09:00 am

TDM 850 and fazer 1000 £208 Bennets on same policy fully comp

#9 tdmpaul

tdmpaul

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 201 posts
  • TDM model: 1998

Posted 25 September 2016 - 09:38 am

i have 4 bikes on a multi bike with carol nash, they wanted silly money for a renewal so got on the phone and told them i was going elsewhere so they came down to £225 for all 4 so worth giving them a ring.

#10 jiff

jiff

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts

Posted 25 September 2016 - 10:09 am

I agree that threatening a revolt to Carole would likely reap a beneficial reduction in premium...........and that arming yourself with online comparrative quotes is a must ( I do that with all insurance, including AA renewal)

.....I have TDM fully comp together with GS750 on a SORN with Carole Nash.....Long & protected ncb, central London.....£171
.....only perceivable difference might be (you havent mentioned).........garaged........but presumably yours are also?

as I never tire of mentioning.....I had problems with Bennets, and would stear clear....especially around renewal time.

Jiff.

#11 fixitsan

fixitsan

Carpe Citizen

• 4,671 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 25 September 2016 - 12:13 pm

£205 for a 4 bike policy with Bennets....insurance group used for the quote is for the bike in the highest group.....if I add a bike from a lower group there is an admin fee of £32 and no extra

I phoned them this week to get one bike removed and two bikes added (you get charged  a single £32 admin fee no matter how you shuffle the bikes, it is just £32 for one change session , so best to try to club your policy changes together to spread the cost)

Strangely, one of the bikes I wanted to add was Chunlan Starway 125cc (Honda Rebel copy) but they kept receiving instructions from insurers that that bike's grouping was outwith the policy guidelines, So maybe check if you want to add low capacity bikes or mopeds that you are actually allowed to add them.

900 with better bits. Owes me nothing, Makes me smile

#12 Pantboy

Pantboy

850 going for 900

• 890 posts
  • TDM model: 2006

Posted 26 September 2016 - 09:23 pm

I have my TDM 900 and ZX7R (on a sorn) on a multi bike policy with aunty Carole, paid £167 tpft.

#13 richierex

richierex

Carpe fan

• Pip
  • 166 posts

Posted 12 October 2016 - 11:09 pm

OK, after a very long phone call, i realised that life is too short and went with Bennetts for £75 fully comp with foreign cover. Goodbye Carole, it was nice while it lasted

#14 fixitsan

fixitsan

Carpe Citizen

• 4,671 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 12 October 2016 - 11:40 pm

OK, after a very long phone call, i realised that life is too short and went with Bennetts for £75 fully comp with foreign cover. Goodbye Carole, it was nice while it lasted

Sounds like a bargain.
Remember to shop about next year, some automatic renewal policies get hiked up for the second year

900 with better bits. Owes me nothing, Makes me smile

#15 muddy

muddy

full o shoite

• 2,973 posts

Posted 13 October 2016 - 01:10 am

As far a I have been able to find out, EU law means everyone who takes out vehicle insurance has third party European cover. This is a fact that insurance brokers seem reluctant to admit. I'm just about to renew and I want to hear the broker say that I'm covered whenever I travel in EU countries. It's going to be an interesting call.

Blue 04 TDM,PR2 rear Roadsmart front, Yamaha topox, Givi E360 panniers, PL pannier holders, BMW handguards, Yamaha touring screen, Scottoiler, 12v ciggie socket, carbon core HT leads

Gorn :sorry:

#16 davytdm

davytdm

Carpe Addict

• PipPipPip
  • 349 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 13 October 2016 - 07:44 am

gsxr 1100 and tdm 850 with oakland only 167 ☺

#17 richierex

richierex

Carpe fan

• Pip
  • 166 posts

Posted 13 October 2016 - 10:21 am

As far a I have been able to find out, EU law means everyone who takes out vehicle insurance has third party European cover. This is a fact that insurance brokers seem reluctant to admit. I'm just about to renew and I want to hear the broker say that I'm covered whenever I travel in EU countries. It's going to be an interesting call.

EU law may be a problem very soon

#18 drewpy

drewpy

has been here 4ever

• 1,757 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 13 October 2016 - 02:50 pm

FH insurance.

cost me £97 fully comp '79 xs400, '86 fz600 and '96 TDM 850. FZ on agreed value

"As I Lay Rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I skid and begin to slide, please dear god protect my ride"

Mods; Oil pressure switch, neoprene rear inner mudguard, scottoiler, highway pegs,  fenda extenda, 1999 carbs and airbox, Kais suspension setup, later clutch springs, LED lamps, Metmachex swingarm, Hagon Shock, Oxford heated grips, 4 way fused accessory Bus, 17" 3CV front wheel, Michellin R6 tyres, GPS speedo, 5' ignition advance.

#19 muddy

muddy

full o shoite

• 2,973 posts

Posted 13 October 2016 - 04:17 pm

FH insurance.
cost me £97 fully comp '79 xs400, '86 fz600 and '96 TDM 850. FZ on agreed value

What's that, a multi bike insurance for £97? You must live in the Hebrides.

Blue 04 TDM,PR2 rear Roadsmart front, Yamaha topox, Givi E360 panniers, PL pannier holders, BMW handguards, Yamaha touring screen, Scottoiler, 12v ciggie socket, carbon core HT leads

Gorn :sorry:

#20 drewpy

drewpy

has been here 4ever

• 1,757 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 13 October 2016 - 08:31 pm

What's that, a multi bike insurance for £97? You must live in the Hebrides.

Manchester!

when I bought the TDM a few weeks ago they never even charged me anything for adding it on to the policy :)

"As I Lay Rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I skid and begin to slide, please dear god protect my ride"

Mods; Oil pressure switch, neoprene rear inner mudguard, scottoiler, highway pegs,  fenda extenda, 1999 carbs and airbox, Kais suspension setup, later clutch springs, LED lamps, Metmachex swingarm, Hagon Shock, Oxford heated grips, 4 way fused accessory Bus, 17" 3CV front wheel, Michellin R6 tyres, GPS speedo, 5' ignition advance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users