TonyDevil

seagull squadron leader & founding member of GoatTracKrew

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,336 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 16 December 2009 - 12:44 pm

no
legally you only need standard bike insurance, just check your policy docs to ensure IoM is covered

medical insurance is simply to cover any additonal costs should the worst happen

make sure you get an "EHIC" card from the NHS, this should cover emergency treatment costs
i'd suggest as a minium you get 'travel insurance' that covers you for ambulance & repatriation in the event of an accident
the issue is, some travel insurance companies dont cover you for an accident that occured while riding a motorcycle over XXXXcc
and the 'accident insurance' that you get thru your bike insurance wont cover you for anycosts incured due to injury while 'not' on a motorcycle
therefore sometimes you end up having to buy multiple insurance policies
just make sure you read the small print on anything you take out
I normally send off an email to the broker or insurance company stating what I intend to do and asking them to confirm their policy covers everything

"Never argue with an idiot. They just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"
My TDM :
Black 1991 850 MK1, 160k+ miles(ish, best guess really, gave up trying to keep count after 3rd set of clocks and 3rd engine), PilotRoad2 tyres, custom stubby exhaust system, bluespot calipers & goodridge braided hoses with dunlopads, maxton forks, Ohlins shock, kedo handguards, stainless TDM grill, Scottoiler with lubetube & dual nozzle thingy, Givi Wingrack2 with E45 & 2xE36s, renntec crash bars, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider2, Optimate IIIsp, Bagster tank cover, anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led spotlights, heated grips, new braided lines and rear caliper that actually has bleed nipples
Silver-ish 2003 900, 70k miles, PilotRoad3 front tyre (new@65k) & PR2 rear(new at 69k), Renthal 755 bars with KTM handguards, oxford unheated grips, power commander 3usb, scorpion titanium exhausts, standard screen with vario winglet thingy, stainless grill, oem centre stand, bagster tank cover, givi monokey topplate mounted on grabrail with V46 topbox, Givi PL pannier rails with E21s, crash bungs, mirror extender thingys, Halfords Advanced Laser Blue brillance bulbs, 21w led spotlights, touring scottoiler with leehenty dual nozzle, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider3 Urban, winter style anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led brake light strip, replacement heated grips

current rides : TDM850 3vd/mk1=tourer&scratcher, TRX850=weekend twisty toy, 2003 TDM900=commuter, 2005 
TDM900=unmolested.  Gone but not forgotton : XTZ750=overland touring toy, GS500e, GS125
If a strange looking truck driver honks at you & gives you the thumbs up, its could be me  :good:

#22 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 16 December 2009 - 01:31 pm

Cheers Tony,

They sure like to complicate matters innit ?
So thats....

"EHIC" card from the NHS

'travel insurance' that covers ambulance & repatriation minimum.

check bike policy docs to ensure IoM is covered for RTT dates.

My bike insurance is with the AA so I'll see what they can do for me first.

Just checked my bike policy and it's up for renewal before the RTT which may/may not help matters !

Sorry for going way off topic Pete hidden.gif

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#23 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

seagull squadron leader & founding member of GoatTracKrew

• 9,336 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 16 December 2009 - 02:43 pm

dont worry bout offtopic stuff, when i have the time i'll split off the insurance/legal stuff related bits

"Never argue with an idiot. They just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"
My TDM :
Black 1991 850 MK1, 160k+ miles(ish, best guess really, gave up trying to keep count after 3rd set of clocks and 3rd engine), PilotRoad2 tyres, custom stubby exhaust system, bluespot calipers & goodridge braided hoses with dunlopads, maxton forks, Ohlins shock, kedo handguards, stainless TDM grill, Scottoiler with lubetube & dual nozzle thingy, Givi Wingrack2 with E45 & 2xE36s, renntec crash bars, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider2, Optimate IIIsp, Bagster tank cover, anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led spotlights, heated grips, new braided lines and rear caliper that actually has bleed nipples
Silver-ish 2003 900, 70k miles, PilotRoad3 front tyre (new@65k) & PR2 rear(new at 69k), Renthal 755 bars with KTM handguards, oxford unheated grips, power commander 3usb, scorpion titanium exhausts, standard screen with vario winglet thingy, stainless grill, oem centre stand, bagster tank cover, givi monokey topplate mounted on grabrail with V46 topbox, Givi PL pannier rails with E21s, crash bungs, mirror extender thingys, Halfords Advanced Laser Blue brillance bulbs, 21w led spotlights, touring scottoiler with leehenty dual nozzle, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider3 Urban, winter style anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led brake light strip, replacement heated grips

current rides : TDM850 3vd/mk1=tourer&scratcher, TRX850=weekend twisty toy, 2003 TDM900=commuter, 2005 
TDM900=unmolested.  Gone but not forgotton : XTZ750=overland touring toy, GS500e, GS125
If a strange looking truck driver honks at you & gives you the thumbs up, its could be me  :good:

#24 JONNYBRAY

JONNYBRAY

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 213 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 17 December 2009 - 06:01 pm

QUOTE(pete7 @ Thu 10th Dec 2009, 01:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In order to progress this, from the information I have been able to glean from previous posts the attendees so far look like

DRAFT LIST ONLY

firm list looks like:

pete7
tonydevil
TDM Tam
Geordie Guy
Big Dave
Matlock
Paddy 900
TDMick
fatchap
studley ramrod
dandywarhol
jimmyf46
stubottle

"possibles" list looks like:

chrisG
catsbum
stu
poldark
kang
markymark
paulb
Jonnybray

could you please check this and comment as much as you can at this stage, including if you might want bunkhouse or tent, or other arrangements

this is DRAFT list but your comments will be appreciated

Pete

Possible me too. if im not too late

#25 Guest_RSROCKET_*

Guest_RSROCKET_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 January 2010 - 12:45 pm

Just to confirm that Angie and myself have booked the ferry from Heysham Sunday 11th until Sat 17th, Angie on her Fazer me on the 900 rolleyes.gif
We will be staying with my parents in Onchan but I am bringing camping gear too so I can spend a few nights wi the lads laugh.gif

#26 jimmyf46

jimmyf46

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 219 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 07 January 2010 - 02:43 pm

see you there....

#27 ajfergie

ajfergie

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 11:41 pm

Hi Lads, thats it, just booked and received booking confirmation for i.o.m rtt10,

depart 14.15 pm from heysham to i.o.m on sat the 10th july
return 15.30 on 17th from i.o.m to liverpool clapping.gif

just have to sort out diggs, yeahbaby.gif

drinks.gif cheers ajfergie..........

#28 pete7

pete7

RTT10 manager

• 2,078 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 12:21 pm

QUOTE(ajfergie @ Fri 8th Jan 2010, 01:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Lads, thats it, just booked and received booking confirmation for i.o.m rtt10,

depart 14.15 pm from heysham to i.o.m on sat the 10th july
return 15.30 on 17th from i.o.m to liverpool clapping.gif

just have to sort out diggs, yeahbaby.gif

drinks.gif cheers ajfergie..........

thats great AJ

if you are staying at Cronk Dhoo, please call Lynn (Kerrmode) at the Cronkdhoo on 01624 851 327 please mention that you have spoken to me

I have told her people will be calling up to book individually

the rate for bunkhouse is £16ppn and there are up to 20 spaces in rooms of 3-4 beds each

there are plenty of spaces for tents if you are camping

roll on!

Pete

Keep music live!

YouTube: pete7kcu

#29 Guest_LDRider_*

Guest_LDRider_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 January 2010 - 06:27 pm

I won't be there. sad.gif

Conflicting date with my north to Alaska (Arctic Ocean) trip. One of these years I'll join you all.

BTW, I *think* I've found the problem with my carbs - stay tuned. Looks like it might be a failed carb gasket/seal. Will post on PNW2009 thread when I get that sorted for sure, to close out that fcking nightmare problem.

#30 pete7

pete7

RTT10 manager

• 2,078 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 04:57 pm

remember to sign the healthcare petition and we may all be able to save travel insurance !! (although I think most of us have it anyway)

http://petitions.num...ealthcareIOMUK/

Pete

p.s.

I am booked in at CronkDhoo from friday 9 to saturday 17

Roll on July and sunshine!

Keep music live!

#31 big dave

big dave

has been here 4ever

• 1,462 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 23 January 2010 - 04:55 pm

QUOTE(pete7 @ Wed 13th Jan 2010, 04:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am booked in at CronkDhoo from friday 9 to saturday 17

Roll on July and sunshine!

BD and JONNYBRAY just booked ferry.

Travelling same itinery as yourself Pete

Outbound - from Liverpool Friday 9th 11.30am
Return - to Liverpool Saturday 17th 15.30pm

Odd thing is, I booked first - £104.50. (£85 discount)
JB booked TWO! minutes later - £114.50 !! (£75 discount)

WTF

Looks as though prices are going up, perhaps peoples ought to think about booking sooner rather than later

Hope you've booked the weather Pete

BD

MOTO GUZZI T3 with Le Mans engine, frisky for an old girl
YAMAHA Tracer 700 

RE Himalayan
Down to 3 toys at the moment, need to go shopping I think

I DON'T DO EXERCISE - if God had wanted me to bend over, he would have put cake on the floor

#32 pete7

pete7

RTT10 manager

• 2,078 posts

Posted 23 January 2010 - 09:00 pm

QUOTE(big dave @ Sat 23rd Jan 2010, 06:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
BD and JONNYBRAY just booked ferry.

Travelling same itinery as yourself Pete

Outbound - from Liverpool Friday 9th 11.30am
Return - to Liverpool Saturday 17th 15.30pm

Odd thing is, I booked first - £104.50. (£85 discount)
JB booked TWO! minutes later - £114.50 !! (£75 discount)

WTF

Looks as though prices are going up, perhaps peoples ought to think about booking sooner rather than later

Hope you've booked the weather Pete

BD

Hi Dave

Glad to see you are on the same iten..itinera...ittin..ferry as me

We can go luxury in the Niarbyl Lounge if you like:

I will bring coffee flasks to drink on the quayside.

Will do my best re. weather arrangements. Actually it was great in July '07 and even better than for the TT that year

More info on possible plans for the week to follow soon e.g. coastal walks (as above) is a cracker for those interested

All the best

Pete

Keep music live!

#33 catsbum

catsbum

Sponsored by AutoGlym

• 7,057 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 07:57 pm

Met with Tony n Kris this afternoon

I might be coming........ rolleyes.gif

Have a new boss at work (5 in 3 years) Need to check with him before booking, and he'll want my blood group

How much are B & B's then?

#34 pete7

pete7

RTT10 manager

• 2,078 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 10:23 pm

QUOTE(CatsBum @ Wed 27th Jan 2010, 09:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Met with Tony n Kris this afternoon

I might be coming........ rolleyes.gif

Have a new boss at work (5 in 3 years) Need to check with him before booking, and he'll want my blood group

How much are B & B's then?

Great stuff!

IoM, and THAT 37.7 miles, is the centre of the 2 wheel world

http://www.gov.im/to...e...ity=&class=

I am booked in at the Bunkhouse at CronkDhoo. It is actually a series of rooms with beds in and at £16ppn is good value I think

Pete

Keep music live!

#35 Matlock

Matlock

Carpe Citizen

• 3,913 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 28 January 2010 - 10:46 am

Going to sort out my booking this week. I'm aiming to go Saturday 10th July, returning on Wednesday 14th. Ferries from Liverpool work out at:
Sat 10th July 2010, depart 11:30, arrive 14:00.
Wed 14th July 2010 depart15:30, arrive 18:15.
Price is advertised as £99.50 at the moment. Anyone know of any discounts we can get? Anyone else doing the same sailings?
I'll be staying at staying at Cronk Dhoo, so I'll call Lynn to book once I've sorted the ferry. Do I just need to mention your name Pete so we're all in the same bunkhouse?

EDIT: Ferries booked now as above, but price was 109.50, not £99.50. I misread the web page.

Edited by Matlock, 28 January 2010 - 11:21 am.

2002 TDM900 in glorious yellowNOW SOLD  :( 

2012 Honda Crosstourer VFR1200X. Hyperspeed tourer.

1990 XTZ750 in black, standard apart from Micron silencer. Mechanical restoration complete, cosmetic restoration next on the agenda.. NOW SOLD  :( 

Follow me on twitter

#36 pete7

pete7

RTT10 manager

• 2,078 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 03:27 pm

QUOTE(Matlock @ Thu 28th Jan 2010, 12:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Going to sort out my booking this week. I'm aiming to go Saturday 10th July, returning on Wednesday 14th. Ferries from Liverpool work out at:
Sat 10th July 2010, depart 11:30, arrive 14:00.
Wed 14th July 2010 depart15:30, arrive 18:15.
Price is advertised as £99.50 at the moment. Anyone know of any discounts we can get? Anyone else doing the same sailings?
I'll be staying at staying at Cronk Dhoo, so I'll call Lynn to book once I've sorted the ferry. Do I just need to mention your name Pete so we're all in the same bunkhouse?

EDIT: Ferries booked now as above, but price was 109.50, not £99.50. I misread the web page.

if you mention mention my name and yamaha TDM owners then Lynn can keep us all together.

Roll on the summer - just had an OAP's ride to wales and its perishin'.

Pete

Keep music live!

#37 pete7

pete7

RTT10 manager

• 2,078 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 04:09 pm

some information on health insurance now that reciprocal arrangement seems to be definitely ended

this link is through S100 websiute which you may wish to browse anyway

http://www.southern1...h_agreement.htm

I know most will have made some arrangement but this may help and seems to be indirect response to current situation

Pete

Keep music live!

#38 stubottle

stubottle

seems to like Carpe

• 46 posts
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 29 January 2010 - 08:24 pm

This looks just the job for our purposes, and very reasonably priced. I imagine more companies will follow their lead when the demand shows itself. pimp.gif

#39 Matlock

Matlock

Carpe Citizen

• 3,913 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 02 February 2010 - 04:30 pm

Accommodation booked too. good.gif

2002 TDM900 in glorious yellowNOW SOLD  :( 

2012 Honda Crosstourer VFR1200X. Hyperspeed tourer.

1990 XTZ750 in black, standard apart from Micron silencer. Mechanical restoration complete, cosmetic restoration next on the agenda.. NOW SOLD  :( 

Follow me on twitter

#40 pete7

pete7

RTT10 manager

• 2,078 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 10:46 pm

QUOTE(Matlock @ Tue 2nd Feb 2010, 06:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Accommodation booked too. good.gif

Well done Chris - I spoke to Lynne at GlenDhoo yesterday and she was hoping to hear from our crowd. This lets her know we are on our way!

For info, the text below was posted on the TT forum and may help with insurance choices:

Hi all, just had a reply from direct travel insurance, below (hopefully ) is the e-mail I sent them and the reply I got........ Cheers, dave

MY E-MAIL

Hi, could you please verify something for me before I take out a policy, with the withdrawal of the Reciprocal Health Agreement with the UK will I still be covered to ride on the isle of man between the dates of 29th may - 10th june with the standard single trip travel insurance you offer, we will be travelling as a family riding:
myself riding + daughter pillion 636cc motorcycle
wife riding 650cc motorcycle
daughters boyfriend riding 500cc motorcycle.

Thank you, david burt

Dear Mr Burt,

Thank you for your email.

Our Standard policies will cover you up to £10 million per person for Medical emergency, repatriation and associated expenses under section 2 whilst travelling on the Isle of Man.

You and your family would be covered for riding motorcycles over 125cc providing each rider holds a valid UK licence which allows them to ride a motorcycle of over 125cc.

If we can be of further assistance, please contact us at info@direct-travel.co.uk

Kind regards

Claire Humphrey

Sales Consultant

AND ALL FOR £12.35
not here for a long time-here for a good time

not sure if it will apply to everyone but it is all extra info

you pay your money and take your choice, but there seems to be plenty of opportunity to get cover

Pete

Keep music live!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users