#1 leehenty

leehenty

Backstreet Mechanikin'

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,080 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 22 March 2020 - 09:33 am

Rang up Aunty Carole to inform them of my retirement status to be told, well we can't offer you the multibike policy next renewal end of March. Oh and we want £25 to change details. We can do the both bikes separately for £382 £500 excess Gasp ! I cancelled there and then as no fee to cancel with ten days to go. A bit of MCN compare and insured both bikes separately Royal Enfield £75.57, TDM £71.24 both fully comp £100 excess same day. Result ! Sorry Auntie Carole No deal.
2002 900 silver,oil pressure switch with brass 90 degree conversion, RG fork protectors. Wilburs custom made rear Shock with remote hydraulic preload and RG shocktube, Wilburs front springs. Scotoiler with a custom made swing arm delivery unit. Silicone radiator hoses.BMW 1150 handguards with Touratech extensions, Carbon Fibre yoke cover and fender extenda, MRA flip screen, Yamaha Engine bars, SW Motech Centre Stand, Kappa wingrack three box Luggage with E21's as option from the K960 boxes, Zumo 660 satnav on Touratech mount, Led Voltage monitor, Baglux tank cover, Clear LED Rear light, Aux LED brake light, BikeVis bullet LED's under front  nose,Stainless rear axle nut, stainless chain adjusters, stainless wheel spacers front and rear, Probolt Polished Stainless Flanged Hex engine screws, Polished stainless fairing screws, stainless disc bolts. Titanium brake pins front, Probolt Titanium Flanged Hex Front Caliper Bolts & Rear caliper slide pins Adventure Spec Tool tube under rear rack, left and right sides with custom alloy mounts.<p>Top Sellerie double gel pad seat. Carbon Fibre inner dash and side infill panels. Anodised black alloy swingarm pivot bolt covers and footpegs, Nano II Gear indicator.

#2 Gdogg

Gdogg

has been here 4ever

• 1,160 posts
  • TDM model: 2000

Posted 22 March 2020 - 09:52 am

what a robbin' cow she is, good work Team Henty  :good:  :good:

<p> Now Sold 😔......850 MK2A 4TX6 in Silver, Stainless steel hand rolled slip on end can, stainless 2into1 headers, K&N air filter, Hagon progressive front springs, Gdogg modified rear shock, Else Made "Ridgeback" Gel Seat, Gdogg under seat fender extender, Powrspark leads, Carbon fiber effect vinyl wrap fairing decals & logos, Michelin Pilot Road2's, V-Strom hand guards, Givi monorack & box (colour matched side rails).

#3 leehenty

leehenty

Backstreet Mechanikin'

• 5,080 posts

Posted 22 March 2020 - 10:05 am

Aunty Carol is taking micky as MCN compare quoted her at £87 per bike for new business. It's a right racket.
2002 900 silver,oil pressure switch with brass 90 degree conversion, RG fork protectors. Wilburs custom made rear Shock with remote hydraulic preload and RG shocktube, Wilburs front springs. Scotoiler with a custom made swing arm delivery unit. Silicone radiator hoses.BMW 1150 handguards with Touratech extensions, Carbon Fibre yoke cover and fender extenda, MRA flip screen, Yamaha Engine bars, SW Motech Centre Stand, Kappa wingrack three box Luggage with E21's as option from the K960 boxes, Zumo 660 satnav on Touratech mount, Led Voltage monitor, Baglux tank cover, Clear LED Rear light, Aux LED brake light, BikeVis bullet LED's under front  nose,Stainless rear axle nut, stainless chain adjusters, stainless wheel spacers front and rear, Probolt Polished Stainless Flanged Hex engine screws, Polished stainless fairing screws, stainless disc bolts. Titanium brake pins front, Probolt Titanium Flanged Hex Front Caliper Bolts & Rear caliper slide pins Adventure Spec Tool tube under rear rack, left and right sides with custom alloy mounts.<p>Top Sellerie double gel pad seat. Carbon Fibre inner dash and side infill panels. Anodised black alloy swingarm pivot bolt covers and footpegs, Nano II Gear indicator.

#4 Robodene

Robodene

Robodene

• 1,508 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 22 March 2020 - 11:06 am

The industry is a racket for us, imo. Oh dear, mine's due in 3 weeks time. It is the worst, most dreaded admin job I face all year.
1940s Ariel 350 (ex-military) Khaki > Black & White '56' Kymco Venox 250 Metallic Grey '56' TDM 900/A (ABS) Silver[b] '56' Yamaha MT-03 White <p>[b] '14' Yamaha MT-07 Matt Grey[b] '17' Honda Rebel 500 

#5 AliG

AliG

has been here 4ever

• 1,444 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 22 March 2020 - 11:38 am

They are all robbing bar stewards. I had all three bikes with Bennetts, all insured separately, but when the black TDM was due last September, the price rocketed and I moved. The Himalayan was due in Feb and the same thing happened - gone. Just got the renewal for the blue TDM and all I can say is that they are consistent. I fail to see the logic. They have lost three lots of insurance. Strange thing is they were not competitive on the price comparison websites.

Only positive is that Compare the Market are pretty slick. They already have my details, so it doesn't take much to get a new quote for whichever bike I want to insure. Car is due in June, so that will be interesting. I had an argument with a deer last year resulting in a big claim and of course, you have to declare that when renewing the bike insurance.

2004 900 - Blue with lots of goodies

2012 900 - Still adding shiny bits. Was black, changed to white and now back to black again.

#6 Rallyist

Rallyist

Gettin to be an 'Old Bugger'

• 3,250 posts
  • Location:Usually in a Hospital somewhere in the Birmingham area
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 22 March 2020 - 12:13 pm

Footman James tried to stitch me up last year when challenged the excuse was that as I had reached 75 in that insured year the renewal, up 100% was due to the increased risk I posed, so on suddenly reaching that age I have become a liability what a load of crap any excuse to hike premiums. :rant: :rant:

For a challenging summer try the

Round Britain Rally.....  

1993 TDM 850 Mk1 ..... 2008 TDM 900 ....  1975, 1979, 1982, 1992 Goldwings, Scott, AJS,  Triumph 5TA

#7 TKH

TKH

full o shoite

• 2,199 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 22 March 2020 - 04:51 pm

Ridiculous! Robbing bassads

#8 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• 10,735 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 22 March 2020 - 07:14 pm

Oh i cant wait, will have to go through it all again, i also gave Aunty Carol the big heave ho a few years ago, she's phukin unreal....

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#9 James

James

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 570 posts
  • TDM model: 2004

Posted 22 March 2020 - 09:10 pm

I use confused or comparethemarket every year without fail as I don’t feel we have to be loyal to any insurance company. The well known business model is to hike premiums and rely on auto renewals. The bigger surprise is that it’s still a topic of conversation on so many forums!  :rolleyes:

The insurance quote for my Buell nearly doubled this year (HastingsDirect). A quick trail of the comparison sites came back with a price slightly less than last year. A quick phone call to Hastings and they matched the price. This time I accepted, but usually I give them a hard time and ask why they didn’t give me the best price to start with  :lol: .

My aged in-laws don’t really do the Internet. This year I’ve saved them nearly £1000 on insuring their house and contents plus two cars by shopping around rather than renewing.

The comparison sites all save your details so, after putting everything in once, you’re sort of set up year after year. Anyone remember phoning round for quotes, giving all the info every time?

Edited by Jim, 22 March 2020 - 09:16 pm.

84 Honda XL600R  :)

04 TDM900  :good:

21 KTM 790 Adventure  ;)

#10 Robodene

Robodene

Robodene

• 1,508 posts

Posted 24 March 2020 - 08:14 pm

Well, well. Received my AA renewal today on my Honda Rebel. £4 cheaper than last year despite them adding £6 to their admin fee. My son is a named rider but they dropped him off the paperwork. If that is just a 'mistake', as they say it is, I shall be content to renew without further ado. My 07 is due in May - also AA...
1940s Ariel 350 (ex-military) Khaki > Black & White '56' Kymco Venox 250 Metallic Grey '56' TDM 900/A (ABS) Silver[b] '56' Yamaha MT-03 White <p>[b] '14' Yamaha MT-07 Matt Grey[b] '17' Honda Rebel 500 

#11 mh1848

mh1848

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 27 March 2020 - 02:55 pm

The insurance quote for my Buell nearly doubled this year (HastingsDirect).

So did mine (with Hastings direct)  and multi bike including TDM with Carole Nash was cheapest on comparison sites - and you now get a free DNA anti-theft marking kit - as far as their reputation goes i think they are all as bad as one another and none want to pay out so will look for any excuse to avoid or underpay

TDM 1991 - two into one micron mated with a A16 Road and Race Supplies Stainless short can - Conti Road Attacks - Kagazume Wavy Rear Disc - Bagster tank cover - homemade sheepskin seat cover on top of custom seat cover - NonFango topbox on homemade mount - custom fusebox - very loud airhorn and cyclone alarm

#12 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• 10,735 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 27 March 2020 - 04:28 pm

Carol Nashe never used to be on comparison sites so that's interesting but they've been sending kits a few years now..

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#13 madmopedracer

madmopedracer

Carpe junky

• PipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 28 March 2020 - 08:38 am

it all started to go wrong when Aunty Carol  sold out used to be customer /motorcyclist focused now profit only focused  the same as the rest

#14 Rallyist

Rallyist

Gettin to be an 'Old Bugger'

• 3,250 posts
  • Location:Usually in a Hospital somewhere in the Birmingham area

Posted 28 March 2020 - 08:57 am

it all started to go wrong when Aunty Carol  sold out used to be customer /motorcyclist focused now profit only focused  the same as the rest

It's going to get worse as it appears one company/group is buying up motorcycle insurance companies

https://www.insuranc...-ardonagh-ps26m

For a challenging summer try the

Round Britain Rally.....  

1993 TDM 850 Mk1 ..... 2008 TDM 900 ....  1975, 1979, 1982, 1992 Goldwings, Scott, AJS,  Triumph 5TA

#15 Robodene

Robodene

Robodene

• 1,508 posts

Posted 28 March 2020 - 11:09 am

No competition will be the next problem for us.

#16 Favs

Favs

Sir Cumference

• 4,391 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 28 April 2020 - 02:44 pm

$0.02

Carole

CN says that will be 43% more than last year (no changes made). WTF. Ring ring I wanna complain 43% joking right? 13 mins and same policy (no changes whatsoever), £4.58 less than laaaast year. Off for finch n chimps with the difference.

I quoted them the figure from Mackenzie Hodgson which CN beat (just).

tra la 

Single-handedly reviving the Wave.

2008 reg. Black TDM 900 ABS

#17 trevini

trevini

has been here 4ever

• 1,770 posts

Posted 28 April 2020 - 04:24 pm

They (insurance con artists) shouldn’t have much of an excuse to raise premiums following the Covid pandemic as claims and more importantly, payouts, have virtually stopped. Hell, even Admiral have issued refunds and they’re one of the worst imho. Mines up for renewal in June for both the TDM and my truck, so we’ll see what happens.

2004 Galaxy Blue. Owned since 486 miles.Renthal 755 bars, Bagster tank cover, Oxford heated grips, DL650 hand guards, Double Bubble screen, Scorpion Rad guard, Gel pad insert, HLD undertray, Angry Badger tailtidy,  Michelin Road 5s, Givi E21s, E46 topbox, Ohlins shock and YSS cartridge emulators   Currently not fitted - PC3, Remus Revolutions.

LCErj.jpg

Putting up with the "niner" jokes since 2005
Check out http://www.hotcoldground.co.uk we're really rather good!
Like food? I feed people -  SmokinGrillGuy <p>

#18 Catteeclan

Catteeclan

full o shoite

• 2,433 posts

Posted 28 April 2020 - 05:36 pm

Mines up for renewal in June for both the TDM and my truck, so we’ll see what happens.

You got your bikes insured on different policies Trev, assuming you've still got the Guzzi?
Friend of mine has a XT1200 and a Harley, think he's just insured separately.

2002 TDM900 Yellow

#19 trevini

trevini

has been here 4ever

• 1,770 posts

Posted 28 April 2020 - 05:41 pm

My entire fleet is covered on separate policies. The Maser, the truck and the x trail all cost the same within a fiver at around £180, as do the a Guzzi and niner at around £85. The only exception in the Golf at just under £400. Work that out!

2004 Galaxy Blue. Owned since 486 miles.Renthal 755 bars, Bagster tank cover, Oxford heated grips, DL650 hand guards, Double Bubble screen, Scorpion Rad guard, Gel pad insert, HLD undertray, Angry Badger tailtidy,  Michelin Road 5s, Givi E21s, E46 topbox, Ohlins shock and YSS cartridge emulators   Currently not fitted - PC3, Remus Revolutions.

LCErj.jpg

Putting up with the "niner" jokes since 2005
Check out http://www.hotcoldground.co.uk we're really rather good!
Like food? I feed people -  SmokinGrillGuy <p>

#20 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts

Posted 28 April 2020 - 08:02 pm

Wow, the maser for £180 ?  My ford focus 1.6 costs more than that. :huh:

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users