Photo

Cmc Motorcycles, Clay Cross, Chesterfield Tomorrow (Satdi)

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,202 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 25 March 2022 - 01:31 pm

Bit of a late call, I'll be going to CMC looking at bikes, prolly be about 1pm.  If anyone wants to meet up fer a chinwag and a bit of tyre kicking/ window shopping. 

Think there's a cafe there too. :)

CMC Clay Cross

High St

Chesterfield

S45 9DP

https://www.cmcbikes.../cmc-clay-cross

EDIT:  Had to change the time to 1pm, unexpected delay here.

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#2 Catteeclan

Catteeclan

full o shoite

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 2,433 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 26 March 2022 - 08:19 am

LOve to but in Southampton. Have fun.

2002 TDM900 Yellow

#3 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 26 March 2022 - 10:01 am

Lettuce snow what ya find SR
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#4 Favs

Favs

Sir Cumference

• 4,391 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 26 March 2022 - 04:59 pm

Buy owt?

Single-handedly reviving the Wave.

2008 reg. Black TDM 900 ABS

#5 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• 10,735 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 26 March 2022 - 06:58 pm

Van Van  :P

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#6 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts

Posted 26 March 2022 - 07:24 pm

Oi think he's stayed dare to check the headloights;;;!

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#7 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts

Posted 27 March 2022 - 06:29 am

Yeah, I bought a coffee. :)

Dabs, you cheeky t**t.......how did you know ? :lol:

lol. Managed to sit on a couple of bikes.

A brand spanking new Tracer 900GT fitted with their lowering kit. Ergonomics worked and I could just get my feet down, much like my mk1 really.  That said, I didn't realise at the time, that the suspenders are electronically controlled meaning its rock solid when the engine is off.  Muggings here thought t'was a bit on the firm side with no give at all when I sat on the bike. Lowering kit consists of shorted dog bones and a lower seat, the seat felt like a plank so that would need addressing. I'd prolly need some chunky soled boots if I were gonna go for wanna these.

T'other bike was a 2015 Z1000SX. Got my feet down no problem, not quite flat but not far off. Seat felt plush and all day comfy and the ergonomics suited me. It's a small bike really, and a bit odd looking from some angles, just like me :D

I'd prolly take the Tracer 900 over the Z1000SX as it's more of an all rounder and every day kinda bike, but I wouldn't buy either until I've had a test ride.  Might be a problem finding an early Tracer 900 that has the lowering kit fitted but I could wear my Doc Martens for the test ride.

Nice to get out fer a pootle in the sunshine :) It was chocka block when I got there.  Managed to stall my bike at some traffic lights and the thing refused to fire straight back up :huh: Pushed to side of road, tried again, not firing up. Turned lights off and she fired up. Think I mighta flooded it at the lights and I'm gonna turn the tickover up a tad.

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#8 dablik

dablik

• 10,735 posts

Posted 27 March 2022 - 09:12 am

It's a tough old choice innit, least it's narrowed down a bit, and not a Van Van  :)

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#9 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts

Posted 27 March 2022 - 11:05 am

TDM obviously knew your plans!!

So are ya planning a test ferret?

#10 dablik

dablik

• 10,735 posts

Posted 27 March 2022 - 11:26 am

Ya know he'll end up with a 9r dont ya  ;)

#11 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts

Posted 27 March 2022 - 11:45 am

No plans for a test ride just yet, need to get me a shed built first. 2m x 5m should be big enough :)

Not sure it's narrowed down my search, I'd have either if I wasn't going to spend a load extra on getting it right for me.  Also thinking of the Tracer 700 which would prolly need suspension sorting and the R1200RS, expensive, but has all the gizmos and provides better protection than the Z1000SX, and is more economical.  Then there's the TDM900 :lol:

#12 trevini

trevini

has been here 4ever

• 1,770 posts
  • TDM model: 2004

Posted 27 March 2022 - 12:20 pm

Just don't make the mistake that many others before you have made by selling the TDM. You know you'll regret it!

2004 Galaxy Blue. Owned since 486 miles.Renthal 755 bars, Bagster tank cover, Oxford heated grips, DL650 hand guards, Double Bubble screen, Scorpion Rad guard, Gel pad insert, HLD undertray, Angry Badger tailtidy,  Michelin Road 5s, Givi E21s, E46 topbox, Ohlins shock and YSS cartridge emulators   Currently not fitted - PC3, Remus Revolutions.

LCErj.jpg

Putting up with the "niner" jokes since 2005
Check out http://www.hotcoldground.co.uk we're really rather good!
Like food? I feed people -  SmokinGrillGuy <p>

#13 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts

Posted 27 March 2022 - 05:36 pm

Will see what happens Trev, I'm not that attached to the mk1 and it doesn't really owe me anything. Plus, it'd need the 3rd gear slipping fixing if I did keep it. We'll see, might end up with a 9'er yet lol.  Some peeps are asking nearly £5k for a 2013 9'er with 20,000 miles :huh:

#14 Snowbird

Snowbird

Just won't go.

• 1,349 posts
  • Location:Often on another planet, but mostly south Cambs. (St.Neots)
  • TDM model: 2000

Posted 27 March 2022 - 05:50 pm

And how much for the gs? 9er it is then.

Current toys: '99 XT600E, 2000 4TX, '82 Princess 30DS (where the username comes from), No longer a '03 Fazer thou.

Save the planet, it's the only one with beer!

#15 leehenty

leehenty

Backstreet Mechanikin'

• 5,080 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 27 March 2022 - 06:36 pm

Niner no question, I'll have done 700 miles by the time I get home and so far it's been brilliant.

2002 900 silver,oil pressure switch with brass 90 degree conversion, RG fork protectors. Wilburs custom made rear Shock with remote hydraulic preload and RG shocktube, Wilburs front springs. Scotoiler with a custom made swing arm delivery unit. Silicone radiator hoses.BMW 1150 handguards with Touratech extensions, Carbon Fibre yoke cover and fender extenda, MRA flip screen, Yamaha Engine bars, SW Motech Centre Stand, Kappa wingrack three box Luggage with E21's as option from the K960 boxes, Zumo 660 satnav on Touratech mount, Led Voltage monitor, Baglux tank cover, Clear LED Rear light, Aux LED brake light, BikeVis bullet LED's under front  nose,Stainless rear axle nut, stainless chain adjusters, stainless wheel spacers front and rear, Probolt Polished Stainless Flanged Hex engine screws, Polished stainless fairing screws, stainless disc bolts. Titanium brake pins front, Probolt Titanium Flanged Hex Front Caliper Bolts & Rear caliper slide pins Adventure Spec Tool tube under rear rack, left and right sides with custom alloy mounts.<p>Top Sellerie double gel pad seat. Carbon Fibre inner dash and side infill panels. Anodised black alloy swingarm pivot bolt covers and footpegs, Nano II Gear indicator.

#16 trevini

trevini

has been here 4ever

• 1,770 posts
  • TDM model: 2004

Posted 27 March 2022 - 06:49 pm

Will see what happens Trev, I'm not that attached to the mk1 and it doesn't really owe me anything. Plus, it'd need the 3rd gear slipping fixing if I did keep it. We'll see, might end up with a 9'er yet lol.  Some peeps are asking nearly £5k for a 2013 9'er with 20,000 miles :huh:

That’s mad. I paid less than that for mine with under 500 miles in 2005!

2004 Galaxy Blue. Owned since 486 miles.Renthal 755 bars, Bagster tank cover, Oxford heated grips, DL650 hand guards, Double Bubble screen, Scorpion Rad guard, Gel pad insert, HLD undertray, Angry Badger tailtidy,  Michelin Road 5s, Givi E21s, E46 topbox, Ohlins shock and YSS cartridge emulators   Currently not fitted - PC3, Remus Revolutions.

LCErj.jpg

Putting up with the "niner" jokes since 2005
Check out http://www.hotcoldground.co.uk we're really rather good!
Like food? I feed people -  SmokinGrillGuy <p>

#17 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts

Posted 27 March 2022 - 07:35 pm

They are available for 4.5k brand new when they first "came ooot"!

#18 Matlock

Matlock

Carpe Citizen

• 3,913 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 28 March 2022 - 08:59 am

Second hand prices are crazy at the moment. My Crosstourer is worth about £1500 less than what I paid for it 5 years and 25,000 miles ago! My wife just sold her car for pretty much what she bought it for 2 and a half years and 10,000 miles ago!

My eldest lad works in motorcycle insurance and told me yesterday that his company is selling cosmetically written off Japanese 125s and scooters for more than the price of a brand new one! It's because new ones are several months delivery lead time and fast food delivery riders are crying out for them. So people are buying them up, plastic welding the bodywork, replacing any bits with 2nd hand parts and flogging them for 25% more than the retail price for new ones!  :blink:

2002 TDM900 in glorious yellowNOW SOLD  :( 

2012 Honda Crosstourer VFR1200X. Hyperspeed tourer.

1990 XTZ750 in black, standard apart from Micron silencer. Mechanical restoration complete, cosmetic restoration next on the agenda.. NOW SOLD  :( 

Follow me on twitter

#19 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts

Posted 28 March 2022 - 02:07 pm

:huh:

If I play my cards right I could buy a bike and make a profit when I sell it in a years time £££££ :pimp:   lol.  Crazy innit, I'm amazed people are buying them at those heady prices.

#20 chrisbee

chrisbee

Carpe Addict

• PipPipPip
  • 391 posts
  • TDM model: 2000

Posted 28 March 2022 - 03:29 pm

Ian, have you thought about the triumph tiger?? 800, 900, 1050,1200 loads of options
Chris.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users