115 replies to this topic

#81 Snigdog

Snigdog

Carpe Regular

• Pip
  • 140 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 22 September 2010 - 08:33 am

Getting closer now, looking forward to meeting everyone...hmmm note to self, have warned the kids that meeting blokes on the internet is not a good idea, now am about to spend a week with 20 of them!
Oh well...have treated the old girl with a bit of bling....dont want her to feel dowdy when she is parked next to Azza's!
CU soon
Sd
2007 TDM 900
2006 ST1300A

#82 Guest_graeme_*

Guest_graeme_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 September 2010 - 09:01 am

QUOTE(masterbrewer @ Wed 22nd Sep 2010, 10:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
good.gif

The clouds have been forming to enable a South Aussie to increase the Thunder.

Monday 18th: Depart Adelaide at sparrow fart for eastern Victoria via the Queenscliff-Sorrento ferry route, staying overnight somewhere.

Tuesday 19th: Join everyone for lunch at the Albion Hotel, Swifts Creek and thereafter.

Wednesday - Friday 22nd: Make group thunder in them thar hills.

Saturday 23rd: After lunch at either Bright or Myrtlesford as per your ride itinerary, depart for the two day trip home.

Will be good to catch up with everyone drinks.gif

Cheers
Kym

Hi Kym, its been really sad that Shane (tdmtoraneko) and Devon (devotdm) have had to opt out but your inclusion has restored the balance of the universe. Fantastic news, will pm you before rally to exchange mobile nos in case of stuff ups. You have been added to the little black book!
cheers Graeme

Edited by graeme, 22 September 2010 - 09:03 am.

#83 masterbrewer

masterbrewer

has been here 4ever

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 22 September 2010 - 10:41 am

good.gif
QUOTE(graeme @ Wed 22nd Sep 2010, 07:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Kym, its been really sad that Shane (tdmtoraneko) and Devon (devotdm) have had to opt out but your inclusion has restored the balance of the universe. Fantastic news, will pm you before rally to exchange mobile nos in case of stuff ups. You have been added to the little black book!cheers Graeme

Thanks graeme, but I don't think I warrant a 2 to 1 ratio balance. blush.gif

If anyone's itinerary fits close to my somewhat flexible plans, I'd be happy with a riding companion along the way.

drinks.gif

Edited by masterbrewer, 22 September 2010 - 10:43 am.

#84 Guest_graeme_*

Guest_graeme_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 September 2010 - 10:21 am

Hi all, Rob, one of the Queenslanders (bmw) is an experienced rally/tour organiser with his Ulysees group and has a suggestion, i'll let him explain;

"Just a novel addition we usually make to Ulysses Club ride briefings - We request that anyone coming on a ride arrives with an empty bladder, to accompany their full tank! Nothing worse than everyone mounting up, only to find that Fred and Charlie have wandered off to the loo!"

So, you'll be happy to know that as well as the bakery and servo being side by side, the public toilets are just over the road.

Not that its an issue that has been raised but for peace of mind you should know that Omeo has a hospital that can deal with the basic things while the air ambulance is always available. The chemist is alongside the bakery and is a branch of the Bairnsdale "advantage pharmacy". Scripts can be dealt with here and they come up on the Omeo Bus every evening. Swifts Creek has an excellent Bush Nurse. The region has a permanent Paramedic based at Omeo and Ambulances at Omeo and Ensay.
Eftpos is available via many business's, the Post Office has public internet. Mobile phone is Telstra or Optus with variable reception throughout the region.
They should work well at the camp as will nextg internet.

Any concerns, please ask!
cheers Graeme

#85 Guest_graeme_*

Guest_graeme_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 September 2010 - 12:04 pm

Now this will raise the excitement level to fever pitch.
Picked up the Yamaha showbags, they have to be put together but heres a pic of the contents.
These will be awarded to worthy recipients at the TDM Logies on Friday 22nd being organised by SnigDog.
Attached File  forum.jpg   132.27KB   14 downloads

Bag, travel cup, cap, t shirt, pen

Edited by graeme, 26 September 2010 - 12:07 pm.

#86 Snigdog

Snigdog

Carpe Regular

• Pip
  • 140 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 02:30 am

Graeme,
Excellent....well done!
(note to Self....need to think up category that I can win)
Cheers
Sd
2007 TDM 900
2006 ST1300A

#87 Trotski

Trotski

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 27 September 2010 - 03:24 am

QUOTE(Snigdog @ Mon 27th Sep 2010, 12:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Graeme,
Excellent....well done!
(note to Self....need to think up category that I can win)
Cheers
Sd

How about best MC on the night laugh.gif
Trotski

All ways remember, A Pessimist Is Never Disappointed

'98 CT200P AutoAg , '93 Purple Kawasaki ZZR 250, 2004 Black Kawasaki ZZR 250 2005 Black Kawasaki ZZR 250
1999 Baltic Blue TDM 850 2010 Black TDM900

#88 AzzA

AzzA

Knows more than an horses arse!

• 1,548 posts
  • TDM model: 2009

Posted 27 September 2010 - 04:50 am

QUOTE(Snigdog @ Wed 22nd Sep 2010, 06:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Getting closer now, looking forward to meeting everyone...hmmm note to self, have warned the kids that meeting blokes on the internet is not a good idea, now am about to spend a week with 20 of them! Be sure to pack your "sump oil", sailor. wink.gif
Oh well...have treated the old girl with a bit of bling....dont want her to feel dowdy when she is parked next to Azza's! I depart for Perth this coming Thursday and then depart Perth around the 10th of October, the locust are set to get their wings about the time I'm halfway back, so unless your bike is caked solid with 2 and a half inches of guts and legs (like I expect mine to be) you've a better chance of winning beauty contests than I. isurrender.gif
CU soon
Sd

Of course, this is all still dependant on whether or not I still have the funds and time to attend the TDUT... it's already tight and close. doubtfull.gif After 3 weeks on the bike I'm not sure that SWMBO and SWWLTBO will let me. sad.gif

Oh, how nice it would be to have ones' cake and eat it too.
cake eating.gif

Edited by AzzA, 27 September 2010 - 05:15 am.

gallery_10460_302_12664.png

#89 Guest_graeme_*

Guest_graeme_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 September 2010 - 11:28 am

Hi All, on the subject of locusts you will be happy to know that they wont be an issue on our rally rides. There will be the usual grasshoppers which are a nuisance but no locusts or swarms of them. The people travelling through Q/land, NSW or SA to get here may not be so lucky though. Good travelling Azza.
cheers Graeme

#90 masterbrewer

masterbrewer

has been here 4ever

• 1,553 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 01 October 2010 - 12:10 am

good.gif
QUOTE(graeme @ Wed 22nd Sep 2010, 07:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Kym, its been really sad that Shane (tdmtoraneko) and Devon (devotdm) have had to opt out but your inclusion has restored the balance of the universe. Fantastic news, will pm you before rally to exchange mobile nos in case of stuff ups. You have been added to the little black book!cheers Graeme

Unfortunately I won't be able to make it either Graeme, my lovely wife Iryna, has just been diagnosed with serious breast cancer and I won't be leaving her side for the time being.

Hope all goes well & everyone has a safe & fabulous time. I will be looking forward to seeing all the many ride reports, gossip & pics though. ambusy.gif

drinks.gif
Kym

Edited by masterbrewer, 01 October 2010 - 12:11 am.

#91 Snigdog

Snigdog

Carpe Regular

• Pip
  • 140 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 03:11 am

Mb,
Sorry to hear about Iryna. Wish you both the Best and will be thinking of you,
Regards,
Sd

Edited by Snigdog, 01 October 2010 - 03:13 am.

2007 TDM 900
2006 ST1300A

#92 Guest_graeme_*

Guest_graeme_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 October 2010 - 10:43 am

QUOTE(masterbrewer @ Fri 1st Oct 2010, 10:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
good.gif

Unfortunately I won't be able to make it either Graeme, my lovely wife Iryna, has just been diagnosed with serious breast cancer and I won't be leaving her side for the time being.

Hope all goes well & everyone has a safe & fabulous time. I will be looking forward to seeing all the many ride reports, gossip & pics though. ambusy.gif

drinks.gif
Kym

Hi Kym, thanks for letting us know. Thats really sad news, all the best to Iryna and yourself.
Graeme

#93 Guest_graeme_*

Guest_graeme_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 October 2010 - 11:12 am

if you are coming via GAR and Bairnsdale then heres a guide to help

welcome to Omeo

graeme

#94 sherlock

sherlock

arrived on last train

• 8 posts
  • TDM model: 2005

Posted 06 October 2010 - 11:20 am

G'day Graeme,

I'm heading for the Island on Tuesday yahoo.gif . Any chance you can p.m. me the details/ address (yeah, I know it's not a big place) of where we are staying and a contact phone number(s) before then? Omeo will be full of bikes on Monday so it may not be that easy to spot a gaggle(?) rolleyes.gif of TDM's. I'll reply with my contact number - always good idea for a ride organiser to have the participants details.

Doh! Just watched the video......

Edited by sherlock, 06 October 2010 - 11:50 am.

#95 merlot

merlot

Carpe Regular

• Pip
  • 119 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 11 October 2010 - 09:00 am

hi graeme......will have a mouth full of stitches ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif but want to come anyway....will try for wed night but if no go will be thurs night...must leave sat morn..do i need any bedding? or is it provided? see you soon...... MERLOT rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif
he who dies with the most toys wins

#96 Guest_graeme_*

Guest_graeme_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 October 2010 - 10:38 am

QUOTE(merlot @ Mon 11th Oct 2010, 08:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hi graeme......will have a mouth full of stitches ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif but want to come anyway....will try for wed night but if no go will be thurs night...must leave sat morn..do i need any bedding? or is it provided? see you soon...... MERLOT rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif

Hi Merlot, well the mouth thing will be an interesting story im sure. Bedding is provided as needed so no problem there. Hope you can make it earliest.
cheers Graeme

#97 OzMOTO

OzMOTO

enuff posts to fill a 50cc

• 54 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 10:41 am

Just confirming that two are coming from the NSW Central West. Leaving home Tuesday morning to arrive late Tuesday afternoon and heading home on Saturday morning.

Looking forward to meeting fellow TDM owners!

Craig & Dave

www.ozmoto.net (badly needs updating!)

#98 Guest_graeme_*

Guest_graeme_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 October 2010 - 12:16 pm

QUOTE(OzMOTO @ Mon 11th Oct 2010, 09:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just confirming that two are coming from the NSW Central West. Leaving home Tuesday morning to arrive late Tuesday afternoon and heading home on Saturday morning.

Looking forward to meeting fellow TDM owners!

Craig & Dave

www.ozmoto.net (badly needs updating!)

Hi Craig and Dave, thanks for that, really good news, would expect we will be back at camp by 5 ish on Tues.

#99 MotoBloke

MotoBloke

Carpe fan

• Pip
  • 191 posts
  • TDM model: 1998

Posted 11 October 2010 - 12:26 pm

Ozmoto Craig - excellent! good.gif
See ya soon,
Tom.

MotoBloke
www.ShineMyBike.com
Sinny, Ostraya
98 TDM850L 4TX series aka Mk2a 146000km
Tiger screen; Laser ProStock exhaust; large old Givi topbox; ProTaper ATV 'bars; BarkBusters with Storm guards; CoyoteMoto crash knobs; Aldi GoCruise GPS; Michelin Pilot Road 3 tyres.
Previous loves:
Suzuki DL650 V-Strom K6; Honda XL600VH Transalp X 2; Suzuki GS500; Yam XTZ750 Super Tenere; Yam FJ1200U; MotoGuzzi V65 Lario; Kawa KLR600; Honda XL350 RF.

post-1-1150559830.gif

#100 OzMOTO

OzMOTO

enuff posts to fill a 50cc

• 54 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 11:54 pm

My tyres are getting down .... anyone know of any dual purpose tyres that fit the 900? I did look a few years back but couldn't find any.

Craig
www.ozmoto.net

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users