3 replies to this topic

#1 AliG

AliG

has been here 4ever

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,445 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 29 December 2021 - 05:14 pm

I saw this on another forum. I've never seen it before, so thought I'd share. Ali

2004 900 - Blue with lots of goodies

2012 900 - Still adding shiny bits. Was black, changed to white and now back to black again.

#2 curlylegend

curlylegend

Carpe Addict

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPip
  • 307 posts
  • Location:West of France, south of the Loire...the good bit !
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 01 January 2022 - 10:50 pm

Yes, this does work. I just haven't figured the Physics ?   Maybe someone here could explain ?

#3 Robodene

Robodene

Robodene

• 1,512 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 02 January 2022 - 11:27 am

I am no physicist but I can imagine that if the wheel was able to turn to right angles to the bike then it would be really easy to pick up, or even hard to keep upright.... (?)

1940s Ariel 350 (ex-military) Khaki > Black & White '56' Kymco Venox 250 Metallic Grey '56' TDM 900/A (ABS) Silver[b] '56' Yamaha MT-03 White <p>[b] '14' Yamaha MT-07 Matt Grey[b] '17' Honda Rebel 500 

#4 drewpy

drewpy

has been here 4ever

• 1,758 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 03 January 2022 - 04:31 pm

Yes, this does work. I just haven't figured the Physics ?   Maybe someone here could explain ?

as the forks are at an angle and forward of the head stock, the bike must want to tip to where the front wheel is pointing, if you point it the opposite side then it wants to tip that way.

"As I Lay Rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I skid and begin to slide, please dear god protect my ride"

Mods; Oil pressure switch, neoprene rear inner mudguard, scottoiler, highway pegs,  fenda extenda, 1999 carbs and airbox, Kais suspension setup, later clutch springs, LED lamps, Metmachex swingarm, Hagon Shock, Oxford heated grips, 4 way fused accessory Bus, 17" 3CV front wheel, Michellin R6 tyres, GPS speedo, 5' ignition advance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users