#21 Robodene

Robodene

Robodene

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,512 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 18 July 2022 - 07:16 pm

Is it possible to detect a vacuum in the tank by easing open the cap with yer ear close by (on a ride)?
1940s Ariel 350 (ex-military) Khaki > Black & White '56' Kymco Venox 250 Metallic Grey '56' TDM 900/A (ABS) Silver[b] '56' Yamaha MT-03 White <p>[b] '14' Yamaha MT-07 Matt Grey[b] '17' Honda Rebel 500 

#22 Tishabelle

Tishabelle

Arrived on a pony

• 38 posts
  • TDM model: none yet

Posted 18 July 2022 - 07:20 pm

Did you get Tish to shout at it  :lol: so nowt wrong then ?! confuzzled.

Quite the opposite Dabs!! I Thanked the old gal for making it back home, phewie! Xxxxxx

#23 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,114 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 18 July 2022 - 08:50 pm

I can't hear any pressure change at tank cap open and it doesn't feel pressurised. But I'm def not getting the normal tank singing noise.

Will find time to locate and check breather at some point.

Ran the existing tank into reserve this eve without issue and did another 60miles o testing without tantrum.
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#24 Snowbird

Snowbird

Just won't go.

• 1,354 posts
  • Location:Often on another planet, but mostly south Cambs. (St.Neots)
  • TDM model: 2000

Posted 18 July 2022 - 10:08 pm

It'll be the carb fairies, every so often they shit in the float bowl and sneak back and clear it up when ya not looking, check for a petroly smelling poo bag near the bike.

Current toys: '99 XT600E, 2000 4TX, '82 Princess 30DS (where the username comes from), No longer a '03 Fazer thou.

Save the planet, it's the only one with beer!

#25 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• 10,747 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 19 July 2022 - 07:55 am

Quite the opposite Dabs!! I Thanked the old gal for making it back home, phewie! Xxxxxx

Aye good thing i reckon else ya might of been pushing  :huh:

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#26 Coxylaad

Coxylaad

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 21 July 2022 - 09:43 am

Easy to check, ride around with the fuel cap undone. Or at the very least when the problem occurs pop the fuel cap. Should release the vacuum and remove the issue, if that's the issue
The breather is in the petrol cap, and it routes to a hole that runs down through the tank and out the bottom. If there's a blockage it will probably be somewhere at the petrol cap side. I had triumph sprint do it after it was painted. The tit ended up blocking the breather tube when he was sanding it back
OR. A blocked water drain hole (also in the petrol cap area can stop any rain water draining away and it eventually makes it way into the tank. Water being heavier than petrol it goes straight to the bottom and into your carbs. Had that too on the same triumph!

#27 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,114 posts

Posted 21 July 2022 - 03:17 pm

Will have a dig abooot on cap as the lack of singing is also unusual.

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#28 Coxylaad

Coxylaad

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 25 July 2022 - 08:18 am

any update over the weekend?

#29 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,114 posts

Posted 25 July 2022 - 12:30 pm

No boiking at the weekend coxxy so not had a brevit yet..it may take a while.

#30 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,114 posts

Posted 19 September 2022 - 10:54 am

No re-petes of the problem.

Yesterday the boike started singing again. I will take a look at breather at some point..maybe next year.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users