Rallyist

Gettin to be an 'Old Bugger'

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,250 posts
  • Location:Usually in a Hospital somewhere in the Birmingham area
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 19 December 2012 - 11:53 am

It does not matter how good the Company is unless you are talking to the main organ grinder you are at the mercy of the lowest common denominator, the monkey on the phone.

For a challenging summer try the

Round Britain Rally.....  

1993 TDM 850 Mk1 ..... 2008 TDM 900 ....  1975, 1979, 1982, 1992 Goldwings, Scott, AJS,  Triumph 5TA

#102 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 19 December 2012 - 12:02 pm

Just to make it clear, my monkeey reference was not to the person on the phone but the organsiation that is basically a middle man (with terrible hold music)......doing a similar thing (but on a smaller scale) to the comparison sites...next will be the comparison site of the comparison site...which I suppose moneysavingsexpert nearly is.

Just insured Dave and TDM on my now forever doomed "multi bike not multi no claims discount" for £132. Of course if I had a smash but had individual policies, with individual no claims, the no claims would only be affected on the relevant policy ...right? :rotflmmfao: :rolleyes:
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#103 Robodene

Robodene

Robodene

• 1,508 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 20 December 2012 - 05:15 pm

Of course if I had a smash but had individual policies, with individual no claims, the no claims would only be affected on the relevant policy ...right? :rotflmmfao: :rolleyes:

Well, maybe, yes; but then again, no? Cos if you had a smash in any vericule you'll probably see a rise in basic premium - after you told them all the grizely details (which might even be close to approaching your NCD?). The b*****s are out to get you, whatever it takes! All IMHO, of course.
1940s Ariel 350 (ex-military) Khaki > Black & White '56' Kymco Venox 250 Metallic Grey '56' TDM 900/A (ABS) Silver[b] '56' Yamaha MT-03 White <p>[b] '14' Yamaha MT-07 Matt Grey[b] '17' Honda Rebel 500 

#104 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 02:06 pm

Just insured Dave and TDM on my now forever doomed "multi bike not multi no claims discount" for £132. Of course if I had a smash but had individual policies, with individual no claims, the no claims would only be affected on the relevant policy ...right? :rotflmmfao: :rolleyes:

Wanted £171 this year, so a quick scan on moneysavingsdodahs and .................£134 ...........gone ooop £2!   :huh:

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#105 Quartermaster

Quartermaster

900 going for ... 1000cc?

• 927 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 23 December 2013 - 04:54 pm

My multibike (3 machines) fully comp policy  with Ms Nash has gone up just under a fiver, last year it was about the same increase. As a result I'm not going to bother to shop around and will stick with the lady.

'73 Honda CB500 Four, Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Triumph Tiger Sport 660.

#106 TKH

TKH

full o shoite

• 2,199 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 23 December 2013 - 07:45 pm

Mine went from £160 with leathers, etc to £280. WTF? I rang up and they offered me £240. I baulked at that so was offered a last deal of £190 - same cover. I've added a few extra bits on the bike so was expecting a £20-30 increase anyway. It always pays to challenge the renewal. They put you on as a new customer. I've had i with the wifes car and the house - that went down from £410 to £200!

Edited by TKH, 23 December 2013 - 07:46 pm.

#107 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 09:43 am

Apparently insurance costs are doon an average of 30% this year! 

Me boike insurance was £2 more when insured at the end of last year.

Just insured the slug and the price was indeed lower than last year (nowhere near 30%), L.V. have been a pleasant insurance company to deal with, last 3 years the quotes have been the best and the best when comparing onlion.  This year again they couldnt be beat so I phoned up and asked if they could be squeezed a lille more and got a further tenner off. :badgerrock:

Just got renewal for Dangermouse and doon about 20% on last year.  So they moight be comin doon a wee bit?

#108 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts

Posted 04 November 2016 - 06:59 pm

Just got a letter from aquote saying they are getting out of boike insurance!!! Bugger as they have been my cheapest middle man to aviva underwriting fur a long time!

Apparently they are asking to hand over all my details to devitt when the year expires. oh joy!

#109 muddy

muddy

full o shoite

• 2,969 posts

Posted 04 November 2016 - 08:02 pm

Just got a letter from aquote saying they are getting out of boike insurance!!! Bugger as they have been my cheapest middle man to aviva underwriting fur a long time!

Apparently they are asking to hand over all my details to devitt when the year expires. oh joy!

Got so fed up after reading all the bad reports about all the cheap ones, like Devitts, I carried on with H&R. To be fair they are mostly very nice on the phone and easy to deal with, but not the cheapest anymore. Renewing gets more onerous each year.

Edited by muddy, 05 November 2016 - 11:47 am.

Blue 04 TDM,PR2 rear Roadsmart front, Yamaha topox, Givi E360 panniers, PL pannier holders, BMW handguards, Yamaha touring screen, Scottoiler, 12v ciggie socket, carbon core HT leads

Gorn :sorry:

#110 Rallyist

Rallyist

Gettin to be an 'Old Bugger'

• 3,250 posts
  • Location:Usually in a Hospital somewhere in the Birmingham area

Posted 05 November 2016 - 10:30 am

See if you can talk to Aviva direct

For a challenging summer try the

Round Britain Rally.....  

1993 TDM 850 Mk1 ..... 2008 TDM 900 ....  1975, 1979, 1982, 1992 Goldwings, Scott, AJS,  Triumph 5TA

#111 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts

Posted 05 November 2016 - 10:52 am

Yeah rally. I have done in the past and they were more for the exact same underwritten deal... Which was theirs! I think I will give them a try again next time though along with the moneysavings expert procedure which although takes some time always saves money.

#112 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts

Posted 05 January 2018 - 04:57 pm

Renewal came through 10quid more than last year at 133quid with devitts. I phoned em up and asked for the "renewal fee" to be removed and that I needed docs posted... Not emailed (no use to me) and not for five quid!!!!!

They said no and I asked if they were sure as I was about to embark on a painful phone based interweb hunt!

Anyways I started trying to do the procedure outlioned ear but on tellingbone it weren't fun and also policy is multi bike so I called the AA as they showed up in a search.... 20mins on the phone and then put on hold for 15mins as they had a melt down about not being able to find hoss dentist on their jobs list!!!! They never did take me off hold I think they just gave up.

Luckily meanwhile devitts had surrendered and left me a voicemail saying 10quid off fine and send in post for free is fine. Jobs a carrot but wish they had saved me the hassle.

#113 muddy

muddy

full o shoite

• 2,969 posts

Posted 05 January 2018 - 05:54 pm

Renewal time is always a fight with the grabbing hands. Paper, that'll be an extra squillion sir. The luddite rebel grows stronger with age.

Blue 04 TDM,PR2 rear Roadsmart front, Yamaha topox, Givi E360 panniers, PL pannier holders, BMW handguards, Yamaha touring screen, Scottoiler, 12v ciggie socket, carbon core HT leads

Gorn :sorry:

#114 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts

Posted 08 January 2019 - 07:10 pm

So devitts tried the shaft again.. Up to £156 for both boikes. I asked them to do better please... £135. I then told them again to take me off auto renewal which they had failed to do on request!!

Then shopped around and one of the companies mentioned on carpe recently thought they could do better.... Phones back 3/4 days later and couldn't beat it. So still with devitts on Aviva underwrite insurance, up £2 this year.

#115 Catteeclan

Catteeclan

full o shoite

• 2,433 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 23 January 2019 - 07:44 pm

I've said it before, blood sucking scum.

2002 TDM900 Yellow

#116 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts

Posted 24 December 2019 - 11:51 am

Basically re-pete this year. It's crimbo eve,. Take the admin fee off as a pressie please and save you&me the hassle over crimbo. So £152 became £132...which I see was me 2012 cost so at least it's consistent at the mo.

They don't even bother trying the £5 for docs trick anymore, just send em.

Same monkey and organ grinder.

#117 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts

Posted 22 June 2020 - 03:47 pm

Oooh fun with dangermouse (car insurance). We can't accept your NCB proof as it's out of date.

Errr they carry on for two years regardless...

Then they said err we didn't mean out of date we meant that it has no expiry date written on your proof.

My evidence was a letter from previous insurer including date, insurer details in headed paper, my NCB value in bold text, the date the policy is due for renewal. Car reg...the same car

They then argued that "due for renewal" and "expiry date" are not the same thing. I asked if they thought it sensible/likely that I would insure one car with two different insurers at the same time.

Luckily well within 14days so I gave them two options:

1) give me all my money back
2) call the number on the top of the headed letter and discuss the difference atwix expiry and renewal with the previous insurer.

Imagine how a claim would go with these people!!!!!!!

#118 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts

Posted 22 June 2020 - 05:58 pm

Sooo pedantic it's enough to make yer blood boil.  Gomminment are supposed to be addressing the shortfalls of the insurance companies but here we are, getting fooked about as always.

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#119 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts

Posted 22 June 2020 - 06:19 pm

In the end they decided to call the number on the headed paper and they confirmed that I was no longer insured with them lolzio!!

They then called me back to let me know that my previous insurance from 05may18 to may19 was indeed no longer valid...what with it being Jun20 and my NCB accepted. I thanked them for this new and thoroughly surprising information. Jeebus.

#120 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts

Posted 22 June 2020 - 06:28 pm

So does that mean if it was invalid, you don't get any NCB for that year, or worse still, you now owe them money ?

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users