#4 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,213 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 24 March 2021 - 06:59 pm

:good: How many miles did you do last year Al ?

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#5 Favs

Favs

Sir Cumference

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 4,395 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 24 March 2021 - 07:53 pm

Not many - 43235-37134 = 6101 in 18 months - oh dear must try harder. Took 90 mins to travel 5 miles from MOT to Sunderland ind. unit --- must have taken a wrong turn somewhere ;)

Single-handedly reviving the Wave.

2008 reg. Black TDM 900 ABS

#6 James

James

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 570 posts
  • TDM model: 2004

Posted 24 March 2021 - 10:17 pm

Not many - 43235-37134 = 6101 in 18 months - oh dear must try harder. Took 90 mins to travel 5 miles from MOT to Sunderland ind. unit --- must have taken a wrong turn somewhere ;)

That’s not bad considering. I did a paltry 950 miles on my TDM between MOTs last year and just over 1000 on the Buell  :sorry:

84 Honda XL600R  :)

04 TDM900  :good:

21 KTM 790 Adventure  ;)

#7 fixitsan

fixitsan

Carpe Citizen

• 4,671 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 25 March 2021 - 08:49 am

Booked it in another county

I once booked an XJ600 located in Newcastle, for on MOT at my local garage here in Scotland, and rode straight from one to the other !

900 with better bits. Owes me nothing, Makes me smile

#8 Snowbird

Snowbird

Just won't go.

• 1,354 posts
  • Location:Often on another planet, but mostly south Cambs. (St.Neots)
  • TDM model: 2000

Posted 25 March 2021 - 09:06 am

I once booked a peugeot 309 in for local mot in cambs. but I'd just bought off ebay in kinston upon thames, I put a days insurance on it.

By the end of the day the engine sat on the floor beside it and It never went for the mot, I onlt wanted the engine but needed the booking to drive it back legally.(the garage knew this so they could double book)

Current toys: '99 XT600E, 2000 4TX, '82 Princess 30DS (where the username comes from), No longer a '03 Fazer thou.

Save the planet, it's the only one with beer!

#9 Sphere

Sphere

really likes Carpe

• 81 posts

Posted 25 March 2021 - 12:56 pm

I once booked a peugeot 309 in for local mot in cambs. but I'd just bought off ebay in kinston upon thames, I put a days insurance on it.

By the end of the day the engine sat on the floor beside it and It never went for the mot, I onlt wanted the engine but needed the booking to drive it back legally.(the garage knew this so they could double book)

Cheeky, but have to admire your style  :clapping:

The best thing about being old is we did all our stupid stuff before the Internet was invented, so there’s no proof.

#10 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,213 posts

Posted 25 March 2021 - 01:24 pm

Not bad going, all things considered. Think I was at around 600 miles for 12 months ! :lol:

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#11 Favs

Favs

Sir Cumference

• 4,395 posts

Posted 25 March 2021 - 05:55 pm

Gixer lad at MOT station did 36 miles in the same period..........

Need a beer and some nights under canvas soon.........

#12 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,213 posts

Posted 26 March 2021 - 04:26 pm

When you hoping to do that Al ?

#13 Favs

Favs

Sir Cumference

• 4,395 posts

Posted 26 March 2021 - 07:06 pm

April, if the Govt. lets us out of prison. :unsure2:

#14 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,213 posts

Posted 30 March 2021 - 03:16 pm

Might be May before they let us free.  17th according to my bro.

#15 Favs

Favs

Sir Cumference

• 4,395 posts

Posted 30 March 2021 - 05:36 pm

Will be away ASAPermitted. Ian too, is straining at the leash.

#16 Splodge

Splodge

enuff posts to fill a 50cc

• 63 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 08 April 2021 - 04:20 am

What's an MOT? Is it a Brexit thing? We don't seem to have that here in evil-EU infested Belgium.  :D  Sorry lads, couldn't resist it.  :rotflmmfao:

My mums monkey makes many mistakes.

#17 Catteeclan

Catteeclan

full o shoite

• 2,440 posts

Posted 08 April 2021 - 05:45 am

It's an annual pilgrimage to ride our bikes and cars to a garage of our choice to check our vehicles are safe to go on the roads so carefully cared for by the Ministry Of Transport. For a small fee of course.

2002 TDM900 Yellow

#18 fixitsan

fixitsan

Carpe Citizen

• 4,671 posts

Posted 08 April 2021 - 07:09 am

What's an MOT? Is it a Brexit thing? We don't seem to have that here in evil-EU infested Belgium.  :D  Sorry lads, couldn't resist it.  :rotflmmfao:

MOT = Ministry of Transport, UK equivalent to GOCA. The test is the annual roadworthiness check, equivalent to 'Contrôle technique/Autokeuring'

Our rules insist an annual inspection be carried out, but yours allow it to be extended to 2 years under certain circumstances.

Our vehicles are designed to drive on the proper side of the road, yours are all wrong ;)

#19 Splodge

Splodge

enuff posts to fill a 50cc

• 63 posts

Posted 08 April 2021 - 09:43 am

Whoops!  I must have forgotten to hit the irony/sarcasm button when I posted, but I'm familiar with the MOT routine, what with being an ex-brit & long time bike rider & all that.  ;) . I wasn't expecting the Spanish inquisition  :lol: . By the way, FYI, there is momentarily, nor has there ever been any mandatory or even voluntary technical control for motorcycles first registered here in Belgium . 

Something something sovereignty, or perhaps they simply 'forgot' to send me an invitation every year as punishment for being a dang furriner the last 30 years or so!   Anyhoo, ride safe lads, & good luck with the bre... you know what. ( I mentioned it once, but I think I got away with it! )  :badgerrock:

My mums monkey makes many mistakes.

#20 fixitsan

fixitsan

Carpe Citizen

• 4,671 posts

Posted 08 April 2021 - 09:55 am

Whoops!  I must have forgotten to hit the irony/sarcasm button when I posted, but I'm familiar with the MOT routine, what with being an ex-brit & long time bike rider & all that.  ;) . I wasn't expecting the Spanish inquisition  :lol: . By the way, FYI, there is momentarily, nor has there ever been any mandatory or even voluntary technical control for motorcycles first registered here in Belgium . 

Something something sovereignty, or perhaps they simply 'forgot' to send me an invitation every year as punishment for being a dang furriner the last 30 years or so!   Anyhoo, ride safe lads, & good luck with the bre... you know what. ( I mentioned it once, but I think I got away with it! )  :badgerrock:

As the failed Belgium politician-cum-Brexit negotiator Guy Verhofstadt  said recently, the future is a future of empires. !

Because as we all know, the way to break down empires, is to make some more empires..... !

Or as that Welsh philosopher,  Shirley Bassey famously once said "It's all just a little bit of history repeating" !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users