• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,250 posts
  • Location:Usually in a Hospital somewhere in the Birmingham area
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 17 March 2021 - 09:45 am

Welcome :good:

For a challenging summer try the

Round Britain Rally.....  

1993 TDM 850 Mk1 ..... 2008 TDM 900 ....  1975, 1979, 1982, 1992 Goldwings, Scott, AJS,  Triumph 5TA

#2003 Snowbird

Snowbird

Just won't go.

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 1,349 posts
  • Location:Often on another planet, but mostly south Cambs. (St.Neots)
  • TDM model: 2000

Posted 17 March 2021 - 10:11 am

Welcome to the asylum Karol.

Current toys: '99 XT600E, 2000 4TX, '82 Princess 30DS (where the username comes from), No longer a '03 Fazer thou.

Save the planet, it's the only one with beer!

#2004 fixitsan

fixitsan

Carpe Citizen

• 4,667 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 17 March 2021 - 12:17 pm

Hello !

900 with better bits. Owes me nothing, Makes me smile

#2005 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 17 March 2021 - 12:57 pm

Yoohoo and welcome.

I am probably a bit to your west in The Home of Morris Dancing but if you need oubt just shout.

Did you get an 850 or 9er?
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#2006 Absolut7C

Absolut7C

arrived on last train

• 3 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 17 March 2021 - 01:25 pm

Hi guys,
thank you for warm welcome.

Dapleb, don't say - Bamptonshire?
If it is than that's very close to me I live few miles away from Bampton and every week I do some work in Bampton's gardens , I'm a Gardener/landscaper
We must meet! some time soon please
When do they are opening them pubs?
Ps.
I've got 9er '08 abs one

Edited by Absolut7C, 17 March 2021 - 02:14 pm.

#2007 drewpy

drewpy

has been here 4ever

• 1,753 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 17 March 2021 - 02:00 pm

welcome Karol  :welcome:

"As I Lay Rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I skid and begin to slide, please dear god protect my ride"

Mods; Oil pressure switch, neoprene rear inner mudguard, scottoiler, highway pegs,  fenda extenda, 1999 carbs and airbox, Kais suspension setup, later clutch springs, LED lamps, Metmachex swingarm, Hagon Shock, Oxford heated grips, 4 way fused accessory Bus, 17" 3CV front wheel, Michellin R6 tyres, GPS speedo, 5' ignition advance.

#2008 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts

Posted 17 March 2021 - 02:30 pm

Hi and welcome Karol.  Enjoy the bike. :good:

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#2009 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts

Posted 17 March 2021 - 02:55 pm

Dapleb, don't say - Bamptonshire?

That it be. :0).

I'm actually even further West in Clanfield.

Anyways once things are a bit more settled then indeed a meet up would be great. In the mean time if you have any questions about the 9er....don't ask me as I know nothing of this modern machinery. :0)

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#2010 Absolut7C

Absolut7C

arrived on last train

• 3 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 17 March 2021 - 03:15 pm

That it be. :0).

I'm actually even further West in Clanfield.

Anyways once things are a bit more settled then indeed a meet up would be great. In the mean time if you have any questions about the 9er....don't ask me as I know nothing of this modern machinery. :0)

:D

#2011 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• 10,735 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 17 March 2021 - 08:08 pm

Welcome Karol, good for you and congrats on the bike purchase  :good:

Edited by dablik, 17 March 2021 - 08:09 pm.

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#2012 Phatman

Phatman

discovering Carpe

• 10 posts
  • TDM model: none yet

Posted 21 March 2021 - 03:00 pm

Welcome Karol. Biking is addictive. Many people go back after years.

#2013 katdude

katdude

arrived on last train

• 6 posts
  • TDM model: 1998

Posted 14 April 2021 - 06:12 pm

Hi folks, I've just joined this forum. I'm an 'old git' from N E Fife Scotland who has been riding for 50+ years! I've had loads of bikes, but always fancied a TDM. One has now come my way, a nice '98 850. It seems it found me, not the other way around. I'm looking forward to benefiting from the wealth of experience and knowledge on this site.

First question! Is there a low fuel warning light on this model? I bought a service manual on CD, and the instrument panel is different to mine, which has a temperature guage where the fuel guage should be. There is a panel underneath with four lights, the one on the left is unmarked. Is this a low fuel light? I can't find out anywhere. Otherwise I need to rely on the reserve tank. Thanks in advance.

#2014 Bjørge

Bjørge

has been here 4ever

• 1,791 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 15 April 2021 - 05:25 am

Hi and Welcome! 😎
Bjørge

#2015 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts

Posted 15 April 2021 - 06:11 am

Hello dare and welcome. I know of at least one other carpedian 'old git' near you. (◔‿◔)

Earlier MK2 (loike yours) have temp gauge. Later models fool gauge. There is no low fuel light.

My MK1 lets out a polite cough (not to be ignored) when it's getting close. You can get a good idea from trip meter once you get used to it a bit.

Hope you enjoy the boike.

#2016 Snowbird

Snowbird

Just won't go.

• 1,349 posts
  • Location:Often on another planet, but mostly south Cambs. (St.Neots)
  • TDM model: 2000

Posted 15 April 2021 - 07:00 am

It's the 99 onwards models that have the fuel gauge, yours is a Mk2 which is up to 99, if it uses too much fuel or smells particularly rich it'll likely be the emulsion tubes worn, the Mk2a models had better carbs fitted that don't suffer so much from it.

Your fuel tap should be on the side with a reserve, the MK2a's have the tap under the tank out of normal reach with no reserve option.

And welcome to the asylum.

Edited by Snowbird, 15 April 2021 - 07:00 am.

Current toys: '99 XT600E, 2000 4TX, '82 Princess 30DS (where the username comes from), No longer a '03 Fazer thou.

Save the planet, it's the only one with beer!

#2017 drewpy

drewpy

has been here 4ever

• 1,753 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 15 April 2021 - 07:35 am

welcome to the mad house.
They are still great bikes mine easily keeps up with my mate tracer 900 (maybe I'm a better rider) but then how fast can you go nowadays in this country with out getting done?
200 mile tank range is plenty too

"As I Lay Rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I skid and begin to slide, please dear god protect my ride"

Mods; Oil pressure switch, neoprene rear inner mudguard, scottoiler, highway pegs,  fenda extenda, 1999 carbs and airbox, Kais suspension setup, later clutch springs, LED lamps, Metmachex swingarm, Hagon Shock, Oxford heated grips, 4 way fused accessory Bus, 17" 3CV front wheel, Michellin R6 tyres, GPS speedo, 5' ignition advance.

#2018 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• 10,735 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 15 April 2021 - 07:54 am

How do and welcome, the light you mention in the idiot panel is in fact a blank, well at least on the mk1, mine is used for an added oil pressure switch, keep an eye on your oil level until familiar with the usage, it's normal for them all to burn some (except mine  :D and drewpys) mostly burnt at high prolonged revs ie motorway.. enjoy  :good:

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#2019 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts

Posted 15 April 2021 - 08:35 am

Hi and welcome katdude.

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#2020 katdude

katdude

arrived on last train

• 6 posts
  • TDM model: 1998

Posted 15 April 2021 - 10:04 am

Hi guys, thanks for that info. It seems a bit old school, but I'll get used to it. :good:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users