Photo
- - - - -

Rubber ? (the Ones That Screech When Moving On Quickly)

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 fung

fung

really likes Carpe

• 84 posts
  • TDM model: 2005

Posted 20 April 2012 - 07:22 am

OK, I know you lot are not particular good in reading (and understanding) German ... so I'll translate the most important things:

Problem: Screaming clutch noise at quick starting
Reason: The coupling package (friction disks and thrust plates) is stimulated to resonance vibration which causes this noise.
The correct functioning is not affected ...
Remedy: ... friction plates with part no. 3FV-16321-01 (9 pieces) should be installed and the clutch hub should be modified according to the instructions and the drawing.
Annotation: The different structure of the surface of the friction disks and the 3 additional oil drillings (diameter 2 mm) result in an additional oil supply of this region.
cheers
fung
cool.gif
I'd rather wear out than rust

#22 MadAd

MadAd

Carpe Regular

• Pip
  • 137 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 20 April 2012 - 07:40 am

Fung, they are the instructions I have got!!
I have yet to try it out on the race bike which through the nature of hill climbing get's the living wotsits thrashed out of it from cold!!
I was planning on just drilling the holes first and see if that helps but will post back when I have something to report!!

Hillclimbing....
....It's an up hill struggle!!

MK1 TDM850 road bike, FZR1000 Genesis front wheel, 600 bandit rear wheel with a 160/60/17!! Half worn BT016's!!
MK1 TDM850 race bike, MK2 forks, FZR400RR swingarm and linkage R6 shock, 900 barrels, 11.5:1 Wiseco pistons n stuff

#23 graeme

graeme

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • TDM model: 2009

Posted 20 April 2012 - 10:10 am

QUOTE(MadAd @ Fri 20th Apr 2012, 05:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Fung, they are the instructions I have got!!
I have yet to try it out on the race bike which through the nature of hill climbing get's the living wotsits thrashed out of it from cold!!
I was planning on just drilling the holes first and see if that helps but will post back when I have something to report!!

Just as a matter of interest. I bought my first NEW bike in 1976, it was a F1 CB750. It had exactly that problem and was remedied at first service by drilling extra holes for oil. As arecall.
Graeme

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users