• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Petegriff

Petegriff

arrived on last train

• 3 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 11 January 2021 - 05:20 pm

Hi guys, hoping to tap into your wealth of knowledge, over the last 2 days I've developed a missfire/stutter when cold on start up, going from 1 to 2 cylinders intermittently, as the engine warms and runs gets better and better, could this be electrical?....as in my limited knowledge I assume that a failing coil/plug should stay the same, not improve??,any help grateful received as its driving me nuts trying to work it out.

#2 chrisr

chrisr

has been here 4ever

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,746 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 11 January 2021 - 06:13 pm

First thing to check is that theres no arcing from the plug leads to the frame, near the coils, you will see marks on the frame, make sure they are not touching the frame and use some self amalgamating tape on the leads. Then its on to checking the coils and plugs.

Edited by chrisr, 11 January 2021 - 06:13 pm.

The Blue One : 2004 model owned 2010-2018 much loved, much missed and now living with a man in Scotland
The Black One : 2010 Model Registered 2013 owned 2018 - present.Beowulf Cans. Renthal 755s Grip Puppies,15w fork oil,DL650 handguards,givi engine bars,led spotlights,gipro gear indicator,shortened dogbones,LeeHenty CSM kit and stainless bits,Topsellerie seat,MRA Xcreen,grip puppies.PC III (dynoed). K&N airfilter,Fenda extenda.

#3 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,118 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 11 January 2021 - 07:36 pm

Since it's cold and it gets betterer when warm, it's prolly worth chicken the cold start mechanism as these seem to have a habit of sticking.
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users